Daz searching for DSF

I have some Genesis clothing freebies I've been trying to load but DS4.8 pops up a Missing Files message, saying that it can't find a certain DSF file. Is there a way to get this clothing to work in DS4.8?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Could you post the full error message...

Most likely it's a path problem...possibly nested content folders.

• Here it is:

Daz error message.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 324K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

What's the full path to that file, if it exists?

• My Daz3d library/ My library/Data/3WComics/Deep woods rover for genesis/deep woods rover

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

You shuldn't have a "My Library" inaside "My DAZ 3D Library", the Data and Runtime folders need to be directly under "My DAZ 3D Library" if that's what you have listedd in Content Directory Manager.

• I copied the data files and runtime and so on and pasted them directly under My Daz 3d Library as you suggested.

You shuldn't have a "My Library" inaside "My DAZ 3D Library", the Data and Runtime folders need to be directly under "My DAZ 3D Library" if that's what you have listedd in Content Directory Manager.

And now those items are working. Thanks a lot for your information.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The contents of the My Library or Contents or whatever the name is in the zip file is what goes into your content directory (My Daz3D Library) in this case.

• mjc1016 said:

The contents of the My Library or Contents or whatever the name is in the zip file is what goes into your content directory (My Daz3D Library) in this case.

What threw me is that Poser freebies usually go straight to Runtime and Readme when you unzip them, Daz stuff sometimes has an extra My Library folder to open, and I thought you could just drag it over same as a runtime folder. Now I know different. Cheers people.

• The thing to watch for is that not everyone making content in D|S-native format packs up the files in exactly the same way. It doesn't help that the name of the content library location isn't "the content folder", it's "the folder containing your content files", a subtle but vital difference — and that name has changed several times over the years. There's no such thing as a "one true content folder name", it's just whatever's defined in your Content Directory Manager settings.

• I'm sure there are several things hidden in my library that I'll only find by accident when I'm looking for something else!