Question on G2F and G3F and hair.

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited September 2015 in The Commons

Is there a plan to create a V4 head morphs for g3F so the v4 hair products will work on G3F as well as on G2F? I know that converted hair figures are fitting also to g3f but hair probs do not and most of them have not so much adjustment morphs to make them fit to the G3F head shape.

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Just don't autofit any of them, load in a default pose and parent them to the head. I have found this to be the best solution. If you need a very exact fit, just apply the smoothing modifier and use collision so that it's a perfect fit.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

Just don't autofit any of them, load in a default pose and parent them to the head. I have found this to be the best solution. If you need a very exact fit, just apply the smoothing modifier and use collision so that it's a perfect fit.

Have to try it with the hair Dixie has in the little image below. I can autofit it to g2f for example and it fits good, only thing is that hair has a hair band and a tail and both can be moved up/down left/right and twist if you select the band or the tail, after autofitting it is not possible to select the band or the tail so the hair is useless. The tail have also morphs but you can only use them them if the tail is selected and because that isn`t possible after autofitting, you can`t use the morphs :( bad thing.

Well would also be nice if some older hairs get fixed for the new generation figures, like "leandro" hair for example.

In general I would to see more short hair styles for g2f and g3f like as written above the "Leandro Hair" for example or a simple hair do like the one I often use on Dixie. The original is created by Ali H083, it is simple with a band and a tail that both can be moved around as written above. It looks relativly real and do not excpent rendertime. Such a hair would be nice to have for the new generation figures. Unfortunatelly after running the autofit for that hair the band and the tail can`t be moved because it is not possible to select them after autofitting the hair.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

As FSMCDesigns says, don't autofit hairs that have extra bones, parent them instead, adjust using the translate/scale/rotate dials, and add a smoothing modifier to eliminate any pokethrough.

Man, sometimes I am a bit besides the trail or so, just parent the hair makes it :) sorry, but as written more short hair styles would be cool.