Hexagon to DAZ3d question - please help

So I send a character to hexagon to sulpt body parts.  I send back to daz3d and I cannot select anything but the entire character.  I cannot select the arms - head or any part at all.  Only the entire character is selected.  Is there a way to send a character to hexagon, sculpt parts and then send back to Daz and be able to manipulate the character's different parts??

Thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

What are you trying to do?  If you only sculpt part of the body, then only those parts will be changed by the morph.

• well, when I send the model back to Daz3d - I can only select the entire model.  I cannot select the individual parts and creat pozes.  Is there was way to send the model from Daz to Hex - then sculpt in hex - then send back to daz and continue pozing the various parts of the model??

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

When you send it back are you using it to create a morph of the original figure?  You can then pose the original figure as desired.  The sculpt you send back is not itself rigged.

• as Mike says, you send the figure to Hex. Make morphs. Send morphs back to daz. Dial in new morphs. Use figure as normal. If you only got the mesh back and did not make a morph you won't be able to pose it as it won't be rigged.

• just learning this myself, are you making sure the the name is the same ?

for me, I needed a figure in DAZ loaded with the same name, then I got the morphs

not sure if that helps, hope it does

• Thank you all so much for your help.  So how might I dial in the morphs??  Thanks

• swee286 said:

Thank you all so much for your help.  So how might I dial in the morphs??  Thanks

How are you sending the model to Hexagon?   Are you using the bridge from DAZ Studio to Hex?   If so, when you press the 'Send to DAZ Studio' option from Hex, the model will be sent back to DAZ Studio, and Morph Loader Pro will pop up and ask if you want to create a morph.   Once your morph is saved, you should be able to find it in the Parameters pane, but you need to save it, or it will be lost, it is not added automatically to you collection of morphs.

All you need to do, is find the morph slider, and adjust that to see the morph you have just created, then you can pose the figure how you like.   Is taht what you are doing?

• Mac or Windows? I have seen reports from Mac users that the Hexagon to DAZ Studio leg is broken, though it works on Windows. In that case you may need to export the model as OBJ from Hexagon and in DAZ Studio load the morph through Morph Loader Pro - Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro, click Browse for Files to select the OBJ, and try clicking Accept to see if that works (there are adjustments that may be needed, but if this is going to work at all it should not throw any errors and should add a new morph to the figure like this).

• Okay thank you all - I will study up.  The way I am sending from one to the other is through "file" and then "send to Hexagon.  The character shows up in hex.  Then I create the morph and send back to daz.  Thats pretty much it.  but I will study up.  on what you have here. thanks.