Rain tool?

SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I thought I saw something in the store that had this name but I can't seem to find it now.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Nerd3D no longer sells here.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

Ah ok then. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341

You'll find him and his stuff at Hivewire, I'm not sure if everything of his is in the store yet though.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,916

In Iray, you could use a fog volume, make surfaces look wet, and maybe some postwork for rain droplets. I forget who it was, but someone made this really cool train platform render that looked very much like a drizzly day with no postwork.

edited September 2015

Oh I know I could do post for rain, I'm just lazy LOL And then I'd probably spend hours sitting there going back and forth on "does this look right? what about this!?"

Post edited by Sorel on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

should be able to change the textures from snow/leaves to rain maybe? http://www.daz3d.com/blowin-in-the-wind-tool

It's simple. Haven't used it in years though.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

should be able to change the textures from snow/leaves to rain maybe? http://www.daz3d.com/blowin-in-the-wind-tool

It's simple. Haven't used it in years though.

I want to thank you for posting this because I had always wondered where daz got those floating petals in their promos from.

• glad I could help :)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,795

With that you can really make it rain cats and dogs...

• Taozen said:

"And now the weather forecast. It's only lightly Chihuahuaing just now, but once this cold (nose) front moves in, it'll be Great Daneing down all night."    cheeky

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Taozen said:

"And now the weather forecast. It's only lightly Chihuahuaing just now, but once this cold (nose) front moves in, it'll be Great Daneing down all night."    cheeky

Just be careful not to step in the poodles.

• EveniosEvenios Posts: 119

sighs Hivewire? yet another 3rd party Daz Studio content store? why are they so many? I wish it was more consolidated here......oooooh well.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,777
    edited September 2015

In Iray, you could use a fog volume, make surfaces look wet, and maybe some postwork for rain droplets. I forget who it was, but someone made this really cool train platform render that looked very much like a drizzly day with no postwork.

....It  was me. 

I used the Top Coat channel to create the rain slick surface on the platform, tracks top of the trains, and roof of the station.  For the misty fog effect I used a large cube primitive that enveloped the entire set (ended up pretty big) just in front  of the rendering camera, to which I applied the Water Disperive Iray shader.and reset the IOR to 1.00 to which I made a number of adjustments.

I would need to open the file to get the exact settings I used for the misty fog and wet surfaces, but currently working on another project.

The scene is also a WIP as I have been creating and characters to it.

I do have Nerd3D's Rain Tool (purchased it years ago), but haven't tried to use it in Iray.  I can say the Smoke and Flames tool doesn't play very well in Iray.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Ah, yes. It was very nice, not the least of which was that rain, real rain, often isn't very visible. We see it mostly through the effects -- a haze in the air, wet surfaces, and the impacts on the ground.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited September 2015

Free 3d rain http://www.runtimedna.com/Modualz-Atmospherics-Rain-Vol-1.html

"Summer Rain"

Credits:
    Modualz Atmospherics Rain - Judith, Traveler
    Liquid shaders (puddle) - Fisty
    Ripples - EnglishBob
    Aiko5, Julie, Stephanie5 - Daz
    Ayumi - MickyBel
    Nyu for Aiko 5 (Texture) - DemonicaEvilius, Silver
    Sadie (Dress) - 3D Universe
    Sparkles for Studio - Fisty
    Boots for Genesis - Ravenhair
    Gummy Girl Mats - jakiblue
    Minnie Bow Hair - goldtassel
    Colors for Minnie Bow Hair - goldtassel
    Yamaki Victory Lane (Umbrella) - Ravnheart
    DLD Leather Shaders for DAZ Studio - Digital Lite Design
    Songbird ReMix European Edition 2 - Ken Gilliland
    MilCat Classic Cats 2 - Lisa's Botanicals, LaurieS
    Marrakesh Souks 2012 - Jack Tomalin
    Core Lighting 2 (modified) - Lantios

SummerRain.jpg
    738 x 960 - 222K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Evenios said:

sighs Hivewire? yet another 3rd party Daz Studio content store? why are they so many? I wish it was more consolidated here......oooooh well.

For much the same reason that you have different Stores down your Town High Street.  Our local shopping street is in a small Town (previously a large Village) and there are at least 4 places I can buy bread and milk, 2 shops I can buy fruit and veg, 2 shops to get fresh meat,  and that is without going to visit a supermarket.

Kerya: Ooo, thanks for that tip!

• scorpio said:

You'll find him and his stuff at Hivewire, I'm not sure if everything of his is in the store yet though.

No, Nerd's products are not all at HiveWire yet.