Beginner question re "baroque castle" model by Dreamlight

You know how you used to have to drag the "content" folder in a ZIP file, over to your matching "content" or "runtime" folder in DAZ Studio... it seems to me that this is no longer the case in mid-2015, with the new DIM and everything.

I was glancing at how things were arranged in Dreamlight's ZIP file for the "Baroque Castle" (DAZ store page http://www.daz3d.com/swedish-baroque-castle) and right off the bat, things are arranged differently. Even if I was sure I knew which files to manually "merge", outside of DIM, there is a whole lot of stuff in the root of the ZIP, that doesn't fall under either "content" or "runtime"!

Clicking the tech support link on the DAZ store page for this model produced an error 404, "File Not Found".

Just curious, no biggie... most things continue to be better with DAZ 4.8 and DIM for me, under Win7.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

The folder named "Content" is just shorthand for "the content for this product is in here".  You need to extract what's UNDER the folder named "Content" and merge it with the folders UNDER your own content folder, whether it's called "Content", "My Library", "My DAZ 3D Library", or whatever you chose to call it.

The file manifest.dsx are the instructions telling DIM where to install each file.

The file supplement.dsx has other data used by DIM, such as which software and versions it's for, whether it's content, a plugin, or software, etc.

If there are files which need to be installed to the software location rather than to a content folder (i.e. plugins) they'll be in folders with the name and versions of the software they go with.