PJ's for Gen 3 fits?

The PJ's for Gen3 say they have a fit for Teen josie 7, is this a misprint?  Isn't Teen Josie 6?

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

No it means there is a Josie coming out for Gen 3. That is typically how we find out about the next shape. Change your title to "Josie 7" coming Daz Soon™

I hope she gets some goth outfits again. I used Emotions a lot. Never used Josie, though I bought her. But I did like some of her clothes.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

thanks, wasn't sure altho I have TJ6 I haven't hardly used her so a new TJ7 ?  I am hoping with a new generation we will get some totally new characters not remakes of the old ones other than Vicky and Mike as they are the standards,  the rest is kinda like getting refits of older generation outfits

• Well historically if you see a shape listed in a product, and that shape isn't out yet, it will be the next shape released. I think Teen Josie probably was reasonably popular. Her remake will likely look NOTHING like her last iteration. Just like how Mike, Vickie and Steph never look the same. So it's just another Teen to add to the collection. I don't think that will be a bad thing. I just hope she's angsty and moody and all that goodness. Maybe she comes out this week. My store credit balance is waiting.

edited September 2015

BTW, regarding the PJ, can someone who bought the PJ please dial in the Teen Josie shape into the clothing and do a render of just the clothes? And a comparision render of the base shape would be great. You should be able to dial in the shape if you show hidden properties and search for Josie!

This way we get a sneak peak at her figure.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

So true she will look different, I just haven't totally bought into the new line yet, I found in the past I jumped to buy asap and then they went on supersale later on and in some cases free with something else and with the canadian dollar down I have to save on everything right now even tho I want to buy everything lol

• I still use G2 most of the time. But I now have a couple of G3 characters I like. Trying to only buy tools and not clothes for G3 right now. So no pj's for me.

• I don't have Josie but I bought emotions too works great on my gen2 ladies as well as on Bethany 7 question for you Lars do a lot of the other Josie/Belle clothes fit the older g2/g3 ladies or do I have to have the JB bases for most of them to work fit the older characters 

edited September 2015

You don't need the bases. The clothes are designed for the base genesis, and come with manually crafted morphs to fit Josie specifically. Other Shapes often get manually created morphs too, but not all. So one vendor may support the Voluptuous morph, another may not. In the case it is not supported, Daz Studio autocreates a morph that is pretty decent.

That is the great thing about Genesis, auto creation of morphs to fit custom shapes.

I just like Josie cause she had personality, even if I never used her. Her expressions were cool though and I did use those.

http://www.daz3d.com/expressions-for-teen-josie

Funny how this image was used in marketing for ever and then some. It's kinda off putting, but that is what makes it stick out. Her eyes are massive!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited September 2015

Josie's getting an update? Well, it seems like she sold so well that Daz is sticking with her as the main Teen icon.

Here's to hoping that this says the same for Jayden. Although, if Daz can abandon the counterparts for Stephanie and Aiko, I'm not going to hold my breath...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited September 2015

Cool never used the shape, but the textures were awesome. And yeh the emotions and expression were useful too. Well... I tend to use base female and tiny amounts of multiple shapes along with customerisation. More diversity.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866
    edited September 2015

To me, the sleeves are too short by an inch or two. Like the character has outgrown the outfit or they shrank in the wash.  Those are not 3/4 length, they are supposed to be long sleeves and IMO the proper length is to the wrist bone. (That's my personal taste though)

Post edited by Novica on
  • that's good to know and I didn't know the expression were usable on other figs too or skins though seen some used as older characters but some other older skins and makeup don't  work well on some g2 bases not specificly made for with broken seams. Well here's hoping the various add ons are fully interchangable between the bases 

oh as for Josie's eyes well I thought in some shots she was a little anima/manga but in others realistic as I have seen some ladies with big eyes like that not that common but there are some

• that's good to know and I didn't know the expression were usable on other figs too or skins though seen some used as older characters but some other older skins and makeup don't  work well on some g2 bases not specificly made for with broken seams. Well here's hoping the various add ons are fully interchangable between the bases 

oh as for Josie's eyes well I thought in some shots she was a little anima/manga but in others realistic as I have seen some ladies with big eyes like that not that common but there are some

You always need the proper UV sets. So be sure to pay attention to that. Nowadays the product pages usually tell you what UV the textures require. In the past it wasn't always listed so it was easy to buy something that you didn't have the UV for.

Also, any sort of expressions/morphs/skins for G3F won't work for anything prior. The mesh and material zones were changed in between G2 and 3, and the face was rigged. Poses can be altered, and there are even pose converters. Clothing/hair works best.

As with Generation 2, a skin texture based on, say, B7 won't work correctly on G3F Base, same as Keiko's textures didn't quite fit G2F. Tex for G2F or G3F will fit anything else in their own figure lines.

• thanks larsmidnatt and DarkSpartan yeah think there have been  some I've gotten that didn't work because of that so it's not necessarily the base shapes but the actual uvs that explains some things like when I've tried to use some g2f makeups/skins on others only for them not to work even though had the bases and I guess it's termed broken seams when you get white or black lines seperated body parts happens to some unique premade characters I've bought as well as daz, haven't tried to much interchanging skins makeup between my 3 main ladies Vicky/Eva/Bethany and the add on characters in their pro bundles though now I thing back on it might've been a few tried that didn't work