Can I use Teen Josie 6 expressions on the other characters?

Hi. I would like to install the TJ6 expressions, but not necessarily the teen josie 6 figure itself. Will the expressions work on other figures? I realize the results will be different, but was hoping they would be tweakable.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yeah, they'll be usable, to some degree and tweakable.

• I've done this, though not in the precise way you have.  The expressions will mostly work, though with varying degrees of attractiveness/success on other X6 (Genesis 2) figures, yes.  Teaks may be needed as you have guessed.  Female expressions (or poses) may look badly on male figures, but I'm sure you've considered this too.

I always tell myself "no limits".  Try it and see if you like it, especially if you have already purchased the expressions.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Seldom do I go above 50% on any one expression...I've found subtle works best.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,810

Yes, although they usually need some adjustment.  With slider-based expressions that's a pretty simple matter and for the other kind, there's an easy trick to making them work with most characters using Puppeteer:  Before you load the expression, save a version with the face in the "zero-ed" position as one of the positions in Puppeteer's edit mode, then apply the expression to the face and save it as a second position.  Switch Puppetteer to Preview mode and you can then phase in as much of the expression as necessary just by moving the cursor between the two saved positions, including increasing the strength of the expression well past the nominal 100% by shooting past it.  (And yes, this trick also works well for averaging several expressions together.)   

• I wondered about this too and asked in another thread as was also talking about clothing and whether Josie and Belles content would all work on the older G2 gals without having to buy the T girls I have the emotions outfit which works great on my ladies even used it and looks great on Bethany 7 but didn't know if all the clothing would work and the expression I didn't know at all and those girls have some really great facial expressions packs was tempted to buy the girls for those and other items if I could age them up to adult just so I could use those expressions/poses/clothing etc don't have use for younger models in my renders so kept debating get or not everytime there's a sale. I did not know about this Puppeteer mode is that built into Daz already or is it an add on you gotta buy?

• mjc1016 said:

Except for the "Evil Grin". I've found that one works pretty well on any G2F, and looks at its best turned up to 11. 

• With slider-based expressions that's a pretty simple matter 

Slider based expressions are the best. The others are still useful, but require more manipulating, You need to hunt down the morphs they used. Slider based expressions have a ton of value, and Josie's expressions being slider based made them usable for a large assortment of shapes.

So basically I agree ;)

I did not know about this Puppeteer mode is that built into Daz already or is it an add on you gotta buy?

You don't have to buy...but I don't use it myself...some love it though. 

• ok now that you've said the t girls expression/poses/clothing works on all the g2 ladies here's the next question/s on some others what about the expressions for other named figures like Live Emotions for Monique 6, Atta Girl Mix And Match Expressions for Callie 6, i13 Tickled Pink Expressions for Callie 6, Spirit of the Lake Mix and Match Expressions for Ninive 6, Adorbs Expressions for Skyler and Genesis 2 Female(s), Sweet And Wicked Mix And Match Expressions For Lilith 6. for example. Now a lot of these on their description pages even though they use a character's name in the title says you just need g2 female whereas others like the Monique6 and Lillith6 do say you have to have those base figs so does that mean you still have to have those bases or are they just saying that to get you to buy the bases reason why asking this is cause when the teens went awol for awhile they still had a lot of their add ons up but origonally when the teens were up on the descriptions on what was needed said you had to have those bases but when they went awol those were changed to just needing the base g2 figs and the teen character bases were no longer a requirment 

oh another question know the daz toon characters stuff work on normal g2 characters they show that in the promos but does anyone know if 3d universe's Willow for Genesis 2 Female(s) clothes work look good on a normal g2 female too have not seen any renders of a normal g2 lady wearing it

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    mjc1016 said:

Except for the "Evil Grin". I've found that one works pretty well on any G2F, and looks at its best turned up to 11. 

I like Evil Grin.. I wish there were more like that and sarcastic smiles and sneers.

Are there other slider based expression sets?