genesis 2,3 can animate on Light wave ?

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
edited August 2017 in The Commons

smiley

Post edited by kitakoredaz on

Comments

• Lightwave doesn't support dual quarternion weight mapping that is in Genesis 3 AFAIK. The rigging import in Lightwave is a little tricky. It doesn't always transfer correctly. It can be done though. The animation, I'm not sure about. Lightwave uses scene files for those. It can probably import them. The Layout (that's the name of the app) application of Lightwave is very good though. This is where you do your posing, IK, keyframes and all that.

I've imported G2F figures with morphs, rigging and weight maps into Lightwave using FBX many times. It worked well for what I wanted. Unfortunately, if you want really high quality, the weight maps were generic weight maps. I think G2F uses a separate weight map for each rotation but will only export generic weight maps. I still don't know how to export those individually or how you'd use them in Lightwave. What I really hate is that you can't import rigging as skelegons. Skelegons are editable rigging in Modeler. You can move them around and adjust them any way you want. Then you can turn them into bones for your final rigging to be used in Layout. Once converted, you can't go back. I guess you can edit bones in Layout too. But I like being able to use modeler tools for editing "bones".

Sorry I can't provide further information. I've not dealt with importing animations into Lightwave yet. Maybe someone else may be able to answer those questions.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited August 2017

smiley

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,074
    edited September 2015

Maybe try mdd export if you have animate2 it is a Lightwave format, I do not have Lightwave but it works in Blender and Messiah 

And the Marvelous designer users use it too.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited August 2017

smiley

• it is just a morphing mesh no rigging

and nothing to do with MDD MikuMikudance LOL!

edited August 2017

smiley

edited August 2017

smiley

start.JPG
    505 x 578 - 30K
    start2.JPG
    502 x 539 - 40K
    edited August 2017

smiley

start3.JPG
    724 x 651 - 39K
  • Lightwave doesn't support dual quarternion weight mapping that is in Genesis 3 AFAIK. The rigging import in Lightwave is a little tricky. It doesn't always transfer correctly. It can be done though. The animation, I'm not sure about. Lightwave uses scene files for those. It can probably import them. The Layout (that's the name of the app) application of Lightwave is very good though. This is where you do your posing, IK, keyframes and all that.

I've imported G2F figures with morphs, rigging and weight maps into Lightwave using FBX many times. It worked well for what I wanted. Unfortunately, if you want really high quality, the weight maps were generic weight maps. I think G2F uses a separate weight map for each rotation but will only export generic weight maps. I still don't know how to export those individually or how you'd use them in Lightwave. What I really hate is that you can't import rigging as skelegons. Skelegons are editable rigging in Modeler. You can move them around and adjust them any way you want. Then you can turn them into bones for your final rigging to be used in Layout. Once converted, you can't go back. I guess you can edit bones in Layout too. But I like being able to use modeler tools for editing "bones".

Sorry I can't provide further information. I've not dealt with importing animations into Lightwave yet. Maybe someone else may be able to answer those questions.

I'm using both DAZ and Lightwave- you can import the animation if you BAKE TO STUDIO KEYFRAMES and then CREATE ANIMBLOCK FROM KEYFRAMES- then export out as a FBX- you will need to play with the surfaces- but the rig, model and images all transfer in. I've found I need to set the double sided on all surfaces to make it work and that the glossiness is typically through the roof.