M4/G1*/G2M* UV based Painting on 3D Figure Help

How would one get "preferably" Genesis1/G2M into another 3D program to paint onto with UVs

Like if I want to paint on Gianni 6 or Scott 6 UVs and export the texture back with no seams?

I have GoZ for Daz Studio and just use that for custom shaping... but I don't know how to export UVs...

Please help x__x

Comments

• Exporting as OBJ with the desired UVs applied should work.

• Exporting as OBJ with the desired UVs applied should work.

Tell me more O__O

Because, I can't get the UV's to export into ZBrush correctly.

What is the most optimal way to export as a .obj for manual import into ZBrush with G1/G2?

• Applying a UV set and exporting the model as OBJ seems to export the correct UV set, so all you should need to do is set the UV set for all materials, export as OBJ (using a 1 unit = 1m preset, such as modo), and open in ZBrush. In order to work on textures in ZBrush you will need to set Preferences>Import/Export>OBJ Import to load MATs as Poly groups (I think that's the wording) since you are going to be selecting by surface to apply the maps, or to convert the polypaint to maps when done at least.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,334

Before exporting, remember to set the G2M or Genesis figures to base resolution, though this is mostly important if you wanted to re-import any morphs you made from Zbrush or the like. However even if just exporting to paint across UV seams I would recommend using base resolution as the UV's will then correctly map to the original texture files, and any amended textures you have exported. I have done this to paint across UVs using Blacksmith 3D, but I can not speak for ZBrush as I do not have it.