PA's: Please, if you make Shaders, Specify if they are for 3Delight or Iray?

cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
edited September 2015 in The Commons

It seems to happen more often than not, but when I see new shaders/effects being released, I'm having a hard time finding whether they are intended for Iray or 3Delight or whether they (as some do) work for both. Todays release of Soldiers of Magic: Serpio http://www.daz3d.com/soldiers-of-magic-serpio looks great, but no where I could find in the description specifies Iray or 3Delight. I had to go to the forum product release anouncement, and search that thread to find it is indeed for 3Delight. Some will say it safe to assume that because it doesn't specify Iray that it'll be for 3Delight, but I try not to assume, especially with my money, and since current new releases are non-returnable, it could put people off trying it.

Please, please, please, make sure descriptions at lease mention Iray or 3Delight, pretty please.

Edit: My Bad, Serpio was released a while ago, but for whatever reason looked like it was released today....  But as a whole, the Iray vs 3Delight issue is difficult to navigate at times...

Post edited by cdemerit on

Comments

• Their new stuff does specify. Think this one may be pre iray even.

• I agree sometimes this could be clearer.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

I do both and each has it's own folder and/or lable. ie DzFire_3DL or DzFire_Iray :D

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    DzFire said:

I do both and each has it's own folder and/or lable. ie DzFire_3DL or DzFire_Iray :D

And that seems like the easiest/clearest way of doing it....now if there would just be an easy link to the file list on the product page, that would probably eliminate almost all questions (but that has to be done on the store side of things, not the vendor).

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 578

It would be especially awesome if one could browse shaders by renderer. Right now we can browse straight to:

• 3D Models - Resources - Shaders - Daz Studio   

I'd love to see them add subcategories: 

• 3D Models - Resources - Shaders - Daz Studio - 3DLight
    • 3D Models - Resources - Shaders - Daz Studio - Iray

They've got the metadata, so I doubt it would be too difficult.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Esemwy said:

It would be especially awesome if one could browse shaders by renderer. Right now we can browse straight to:

• 3D Models - Resources - Shaders - Daz Studio   

I'd love to see them add subcategories: 

• 3D Models - Resources - Shaders - Daz Studio - 3DLight
    • 3D Models - Resources - Shaders - Daz Studio - Iray

They've got the metadata, so I doubt it would be too difficult.

No, it shouldn't be difficult...but, more often than not, that should be Shader Presets...

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

If something is iRAY only, especially shaders and lights, then 'iray' should be in the filename somewhere. Makes it a heckuva lot easier in DIM that way