necro thread day, bring out your dead

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,954
edited September 2015 in The Commons

cheeky I see dead people 

a few old threads have surfaced today and don't you just love this colour text on the blinding white background

ah this is better

I was wondering if old is the new new or something, or maybe just bored and wanting a OT thread

maybe we need some LOLcats to make this right

hopefully can fix this now on PC

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,954
    edited September 2015

Ok WTF just happened in preview it looked fine

removing smileys fixed it

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

achoooo snffls

• i just got freaking charged twice for something at my bank,(non daz related) but because the charge is still "pending" they can't do anything about it till the charge goes through and then i can contest it and it's really pissing me off!!!!! angry

/rant

edited September 2015

a LED on my rear fan keeps blinking off and on and its annoying me

no idea why my fans even have LED's 

unless
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK75kImNLGI

I think its a gamer thing like putting lights under your drift car

blinking leds are annoying in a dark room when trying to sleep

fork poke , ouch

haz big plans for elevensies, heat up croissant, sprinkle cheddar cheese, fluffy scramble eggs (chicken, not vampire eggs) and a cuppa creamy tomato soup.

just realized i'se still wearing my spring avatar,  too soon for solstice hat 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,039
    edited September 2015

Yay...  An OT thread!  

If the that LED in not important and does not get too hot, you can go to the hardware store and buy a small bottle of black "liquid wire coating" or " liquid tape"... You may have seen this stuff before, it's used for painting over soldered connections or nicks in wire insulation... The stuff I have can take high temps and is fairly opaque... Some are more translucent and/or thinner in viscosity and therefore have more solvent in them, so those may not be the best.  If the LED runs cool, you could use black acrylic model paint... It's easier and cheaper and if you want you can scrape it off or use alcohol to wipe it off later. I prefer rum, but rubbing alcohol will do. 

I've used the liquid tape stuff on only one LED, it was "warm" so I figured that stuff was better... When it dried I scratched a tiny dot in the lens to let a tiny bit of light out... I usually use model paint because I have that on hand too and it's easy to apply and more opaque. 

Our bedroom has all sorts of stuff with LEDs on them, that it was like having a night light on... the cable box (Cable TV) alone was probably around 150 lumens... About as bright as an LED night light.

One day I got fed up and toned down everything that needed it.  It works.

Post edited by McGyver on

there prolly a 3d print solution to the led problem.  print a cap for the leds?

why the metric system >.<  i can't guesstimate millimeters.  796mm  does that tally to feet or a few inches?  lucky for the online conversion

no one wants a NV(M)IATWAS in carrara or iclone thread?

or a skyrim fan art thread?

• Regarding LED lights in a dark room.  My living room has many many of the things indicating the status of network routers, and computers, and speakers, and telephones, and power bars, and batterys, and monitors.  shredder,  DISH DVR, TV signal converters, and even plain old nightlights. Even if some of the devices are sleeping some lights stay on.  However, I don't worry about it and if I come down the stairs in the middle of the night I think I'm 8 years old and it's Christmas morning.

edited September 2015

I have the side off my box as it accumulates dust if closed, the rear and top fans suck it in like a vacuum cleaner, it passes over my 980ti and comes out the front grill like a hairdryer.

if the side is off they all just blow the dust and heat back out the side on me shivering at my desk so no dust settles on my card etc, the heat from the 980ti still comes out front as well as that fan sucks it out.

in summer the aircon is on the other side but I must isolate the PC with an UPS before summer comes, I 

had to run aircon every time I used Octane last summer.

I have eight blue LED's on my fans and my card has a glowing dragon and MSI you can make flash in nvidia experience, I don't it can be turned off too but not as bright as the LED's and actually useful in dark where it is.

the glowing LED,s are ok too just the one that is intermittent annoys, at desk as catches corner of eye.

Ooooh... The "pay attention to me" LED... They only blink when you are not looking directly at them... They are related to that thing in some drawer that only beeps when you stop looking for it and sit down... Distantly related to a cricket in the house.

• Playing cricket in the house risks breaking something

Depends on how bulky the costume is and if you jump around while wearing it.

JIMMINY!  more famous than the opera frog

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited September 2015

Post edited by Wahil on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,893
    MistyMist said:

no one wants a NV(M)IATWAS in carrara or iclone thread?

or a skyrim fan art thread?

Maybe when Michael 7 is released there will be a NMIATWAS

(Nauseous Michael in a train with a sock)

(Normal Michael in a trolley with a soda)

(Needy Michael in a theater with a shoe)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,893

I want to see what NMiaTwaS means to you. If you have iclone please use it.

Does it mean

Neat Michael in a towel with a soap

Gnarly Micheal in a town with a stick. (Wait gnarly starts with a g?)

Neat Michael in a towel with a soap

lol.  hope he's not in the new prison shower.