Hi I wonder if someone can help me with putting logos on shirt

Hi ok what I want to do is take daz studio sweatshirt and put it on my g8 female and then put a logo on her shirt! So I brought it into photoshop and put the logo on the shirt but now when I bring it back to daz the logo looks washed out like it was drawn on there ! Is there anything iam doing wrong or missing! I can't find  any tutorials online that know how to do this right please can someone help me I need it for a project ty so much 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,631
    edited March 2023

Other texture maps like roughness, bump/normal, etc. have to be made and/or tuned for making the logo look real~  Suggest you take a look at this product: https://www.daz3d.com/ptf-stick-it-decals which is typical with a series of texture maps to make a good visual effect on the logo~ And you may use a decal node as well~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

yeah i have that and used it but it doesnt work ge shirt ood on hoodie shirts when i put the logo on the shirt the ties for the hood get tn eitherhe logo it too which i dont want i wanted on either the back or the front torso 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,631
    edited March 2023

It works all fine for me. You have to tweak the parameters accordingly~  But if you do wanna embed your logos on garment's texture map, just check some similar products to see how the PA used the tex. maps and set up params. on their surfaces ~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • it's alwasy worth learning photoshop or gimp etc
    ---
    find the surface you want to add an image to click browse which opens the folder it's in. 
    right click and open the image in the folder with your art program then copy the image, paste it in place which will give you a layer image you'll probably have to save as a tif (but will make sure you never screw up the original which is probably a jpg or png) 
    then open your art of choice it will open in another window ... select the part you want. 
    Go the original art work .. paste it in... it will be a new layer above the duplicate layer
    resize adjust color etc 
    and then save as a jpg .. which will flatten your top layers and  output them as a jpg
    you can save the big pile as a tiff with the same name as the original jpg or just add work or such into the title of it. 
    ---
    go back to the open daz folder ...your jpg with the art should be there ... click on it and then use the open and the modified material is on the base layer and should look like the old image just with the logo added

the pictures below are art nouveau jewelry from 100 years ago ...

kitanna shirt 2w.jpg
    901 x 798 - 277K
    nadya nouveau t33 05w.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,217

If you have brought your updated texture into Daz and it is rendering washed-out, then there may be other properties on the shader like Diffuse Overlay, or Top Coat etc that are overlaying the image and muting its effect.  Check in Surfaces for likely culprit.

You can play with the strengths of those properties.

As always, screenshots help (i.e., screenshot of your surfaces tab)

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,061
    edited March 2023

If you exclude all other factors like harsh lighting, environment and tone mapping settings...etc, then it usually depends on the surface shader you're using.  If you're using a Iray Uber surface, try loading the Base Color and Translucency Color with the same texture.  You can also load a color test pattern as your texture to see if you're getting the correct colors  (e.g. a texture map of solid RGB colors).  If red doesn't look like red, and green doesn't look like green, etc... then I would say there's a problem with your surface properties.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

Gimp or Photoshop (Express?) is one way to edit textures, but if you're going to be doing more texture editing (for 3D models) then you may also want to look into Substance Painter; you don't have to get a subscription but can simply buy a perpetual license through Steam.

IMO nothing comes close to texturing 3D models than Substance Painter.

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,100
    edited March 2023

it's alwasy worth learning photoshop or gimp etc
    ---
    find the surface you want to add an image to click browse which opens the folder it's in. 
    right click and open the image in the folder with your art program then copy the image, paste it in place which will give you a layer image you'll probably have to save as a tif (but will make sure you never screw up the original which is probably a jpg or png) 
    then open your art of choice it will open in another window ... select the part you want. 
    Go the original art work .. paste it in... it will be a new layer above the duplicate layer
    resize adjust color etc 
    and then save as a jpg .. which will flatten your top layers and  output them as a jpg
    you can save the big pile as a tiff with the same name as the original jpg or just add work or such into the title of it. 
    ---
    go back to the open daz folder ...your jpg with the art should be there ... click on it and then use the open and the modified material is on the base layer and should look like the old image just with the logo added

the pictures below are art nouveau jewelry from 100 years ago ...or a car picture I took or a stamp (which is legal except for same save size, same paper, etc --- which is frowned upon as counterfiting) Last one I did last night for someone asking about how to put a logo on the back of sy spider folk 

ghost parcel.jpg
    600 x 600 - 198K
    ghost 40 ford.jpg
    600 x 600 - 167K
    kitanna shirt belt 2w.jpg
    901 x 798 - 279K
    spiderfolk.jpg
    1055 x 652 - 109K
    syspiderfolk_body_double.jpg
    8192 x 4096 - 1M
    Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,217
    edited March 2023

alan bard newcomer said:

---
    resize adjust color etc 
    ---

the pictures below are art nouveau jewelry from 100 years ago ...or a car picture I took or a stamp (which is legal except for same save size, same paper, etc --- which is frowned upon as counterfiting) Last one I did last night for someone asking about how to put a logo on the back of sy spider folk 

Im not sure they needed handholding on how to layer two images together in an image editor. (Can do this inside Daz anyway with LIE)

the OP implied they already did all the 2d editing correctly as they didnt report logo in wrong position etc.  Issue was probably their shader set up, as OP had reported the edited logo looking "washed out". Cannot know for sure as they did not post screenshot. 

Post edited by lilweep on
  • lilweep said:

alan bard newcomer said:

---
    resize adjust color etc 
    ---

Im not sure they needed handholding on how to layer two images together in an image editor. (Can do this inside Daz anyway with LIE)

the OP implied they already did all the 2d editing correctly as they didnt report logo in wrong position etc.  Issue was probably their shader set up, as OP had reported the edited logo looking "washed out". Cannot know for sure as they did not post screenshot. 

I was guessing they just hadn't changed the base layer some how. I've done dozens and all just modifing the base layer. 
    One question they have to answer is does the logo looked washed out in ps if it looks good their should look good on model.