AOBB's freebie head morph Passionate v2 for G8.1F based on Rita Hayworth. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited March 2023 in Freebies

Edit: I have replaced Passionate with the updated on March 25th 2023 at noon Passionate v2 (both promos and zip). I think she looks good now. smiley

 

The most glamorous pinup girl of the 1940s, famous mostly for the movie "Gilda" that turned the bodacious redhead into an icon and set off not only her career but also her 40-year long love affair with Glenn Ford. If you want to see the best striptease ever, watch Rita Hayworth slowly take off her long glove in this movie! Wow!

Here is the head morph Passionate v2 based on Rita Hayworth (real name Margarita Carmen Cansino):

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Assets used in promos:

Addy Samantha for G8F skin texture (I had to hand remove the eyebrow textures in Photoshop but it was worth it!) 

Nesena Hair for G8F

Clarissa outfit for G8F

Ultimate Eyebrows for G8F (Fine Brow-04)

Lashes Utilities for G2,3,8

Natural Eyes for G8.1

 

Please remember - noncommercial use only!

I'd love to hear your comments and see your Passionate v2 renderings! heartwink

Enjoy!

AOBB

zip
zip
Passionate v2 for G8.1F.zip
2M
Passionate v2 F.png
536 x 750 - 632K
Passionate v2 TQ.png
536 x 750 - 655K
Passionate v2 P.png
536 x 750 - 629K
Post edited by AOBB on
«1

Comments

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    She looks like you really worked hard to get her looking so good. I've not seen her in any movies but recognize her from pinup portraits on planes mostly, as strange as that sounds. laugh Thanks so much. 

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
    edited March 2023

    Edit: My misgivings about the head morph are not relevant anymore as I have replaced it with a fixed version.

     

    Hi there,

    You are welcome and thank you for your appreciation! smiley

    Yes, I really worked hard to get the likeness right, although now I think Passionate's cheekbones are a tad too wide and her face should be a bit shorter, so the forehead doesn't feel out-of-balance low. I changed her profile on purpose (mostly nose) to one I found more agreeable. I was really surprised how much I disliked Rita's very sharp profile.

    Yes, I've read about Rita's likeness gracing the fuselages of WWII airplanes. Not bad company to fly with. yeslaugh

    Enjoy the morph, nonesuch00!

    Post edited by AOBB on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    AOBB said:

    Hi there,

    You are welcome and thank you for your appreciation! smiley

    Yes, I really worked hard to get the likeness right, although now I think Passionate's cheekbones are a tad too wide and her face should be a bit shorter, so the forehead doesn't feel out-of-balance low. I changed her profile on purpose (mostly nose) to one I found more agreeable. I was really surprised how much I disliked Rita's very sharp profile.

    Yes, I've read about Rita's likeness gracing the fuselages of WWII airplanes. Not bad company to fly with. yeslaugh

    Enjoy the morph, nonesuch00!

    In some photos her face looks shorter while in others you are spot on, with the different lens lengths and focus distances it is hard to figure out the truth sometimes. The main problem is real photos impart that softness of translucent light through the skin that DAZ shader materials, even the best of them that I've seen, never seem to manage, although with some later Genesis 8.1 and Genesis 9 models they are getting close. That translucency can make the geometry in photos seem smaller than it is while the hard edges of DAZ shader materials can make the geometry seem bigger than it is.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    Exactly, nonesuch00! yes

    That is another reason why my head morphs aren't spot on in terms of feature placement. People look different on every photo and what is especially true of old photos - it is hard to find ones in which the person would be looking straight forward with a neutral expression. In Rita's case, she is basically smiling all the time on the photos. Thank goodness for her images from "The Lady from Shanghai" where she has a fairly neutral expression. I have to take artistic licenses with my sculpts.

    I chose Addy Samantha's material, because it has that hazy, shimmery quality to it. I didn't want my Rita to look like she's made out of plastic! LOL

  • perlkperlk Posts: 847
    edited March 2023

    She's gorgeous. Thank you!

    rita1.png
    1875 x 2427 - 3M
    Post edited by perlk on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    You are welcome and thank you, perlk, too! heartyes

    Rita's looking good! smiley

     

  • perlkperlk Posts: 847

    I think I need to get the hair you used. I'm using Annalise hair but it doesn't have the same look - the curls are what have it here! Someone needs to model one that looks identical to Rita's hairstyle. (not me, I suck at modeling hair!)

    I tried Old Hollywood hair, too, but it just doesn't look right.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    It was a lot of trial and error  before I settled on the Nesena hair. The Old Hollywood Hair looks like its top is too flat for my needs generally. Nesena hair is has a nice shape and lot of morphs, so yes I think it will make a good addition to your collection.

    I agree - soemone should do a good Rita hair - and Liz, Grace, Marilyn...

    There is definitely a shortage of 1940s and 1950s style hair for DAZ Studio. AprilYSH did some nice old style hair a long time ago but they look dated now imo. 

    All we need is more lingerie, tatoos and playboy mansion style outfits... :rolleyes. Sigh.

  • perlkperlk Posts: 847
    edited March 2023

    Or, I could just modify my strand hair to make it longer.... yes, I think this will work...I'll just photoshop it smooth.

    rita2.png
    1500 x 1941 - 5M
    Post edited by perlk on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    That IS better. yessmiley 

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    I just had to do my own Rita Hayworth... Check out the attached full scale image!  I used two Nesena hair on my Rita - one with shorter curls, one with longer for fullness.

    Rita Hayworth a.png
    1054 x 1600 - 2M
  • perlkperlk Posts: 847

    Gorgeous. I think she's your best likeness to date, honestly!

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    Thank you, perlk! You must be right, because my mother, who is my harshest and most honest critic, immediately said "That's Rita" after seeing this Rita likeness. heart

    At one point, I'd like to revisit my older work and update it, to get the likenesses better. Don't know when that would happen but the idea is brewing in the back of my brain...

  • perlkperlk Posts: 847

    AOBB said:

    Thank you, perlk! You must be right, because my mother, who is my harshest and most honest critic, immediately said "That's Rita" after seeing this Rita likeness. heart

    At one point, I'd like to revisit my older work and update it, to get the likenesses better. Don't know when that would happen but the idea is brewing in the back of my brain...

    This is sort of like me saying, "I should go back and remodel some of my older outfits so they work better." I've done it a few times, but it is so daunting. I'm the sort of person who is like, "Eh, I'm done with it, I'll go do something new" after I've messed with it for so long - if you end up redoing older ones, let me know how you got inspired laugh

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    I know what will drive me to revisit my old work, perlk - perfectionism. I just look at some of my older models and cringe. Besides, I believe I haven't done justice to the person, whose likeness I've been sculpting and failed imo. I don't plan to redo all of the head morphs I feel are cringe-worthy but just a couple of them. I'm in no hurry, though. wink

  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874

    Hello AOBB!!! smiley I made it to the freebies section again... laugh in time to discover that you're an adorable quokka! wink and to peruse your lovely sculpt of Rita and Rita renders.heart I'm afraid I don't remember seeing any movies with Rita Hayworth, but have seen some photos of her - so very glamorous. Your sculpt is an amazing likeness! Brava! heart And I always love how you take the time to choose all the eyebrows and hair and stylings to really bring the sculpt to life! yes

    Well I've always been very impressed with your likenesses, but I can understand wanting to revisit some of them if you feel they can benefit from your experience over time. But oh, perfectionism, the bane of many of our artistic journeys! I do revisit older projects, because I usually leave them at 80/90% there and then feel guilty, but like perlk said, it's rather daunting work.

    I've tried revisiting Claire and Yves several times now to do a series, but something's seriously wrong with that set of files and some elements in them. Dforce explosions, things crash, everything's slow. I think I have to start again from scratch or something. Sometimes doing stuff in DS is so easy, and sometimes it's just nightmarish! Haha. Having said that, I'm going to see if I can fire DS up again for a bit before going to bed. Catch you soon AOBB!! heart

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    Hi SapphireBlue! Yes, I turned (much to my own surprise wink) into a friendly quokka. They are my favorite animals and I love the selfies people take with them. Cuteness overload!

    Thank you for your kindness and generosity when you write about my work! I'm sorry to hear that your files went somehow corrupt. That is a bummer indeed. That said, I cannot wait to see your elven renders. You have a real knack for making renders with a magical and poetic quality. So beautiful! smiley

    Please share with us soon your new work. I'd love to see it. I'm sure it will be... perfect! 

    Drop by more often, so we can chat some more!

    Until then - Cheerio, my friend!

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    Funny critter. Have a good May.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    Hi there, nonesuch00! I was wondering how you were doing! Glad you like the quokka. I think you just have to smile when you see them... Have a wonderful time and when you feel like it, drop me a note! smiley

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    AOBB said:

    Hi there, nonesuch00! I was wondering how you were doing! Glad you like the quokka. I think you just have to smile when you see them... Have a wonderful time and when you feel like it, drop me a note! 

     

     

    smiley

     

    I am fine but April & May I've been clearing land and unfortunately I have bit by so many ticks this year, they are so much worse than last's year's population, that one, or more, managed to give me one of their diseases again last week. 1st time since May 2009 and it's not as bad as then was yet so I'll visit the clinic and get a properly strong antibacterial shot. I think they were deer ticks as they are so tiny I don't notice them and they seem to cling in the bend of my knees and such despite soap and scrubbing. Dog ticks are easy to find and pull off quickly.

    I am on the eyeballs of my box model. I paused it there as while back as I don't like to multitask with a dozen diffifent tasks at once. I like OCD-ike attention so that I develop a bit of proficiency. 

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    So good to hear from you, nonesuch00!

    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with the aftermath of tick bites. Please take good care of yourself. Tick bites are no joke! sad 

    I wish you good luck with your modelling! Being meticulous and thorough will definitely help you become a better modeler.

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    AOBB said:

    So good to hear from you, nonesuch00!

    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with the aftermath of tick bites. Please take good care of yourself. Tick bites are no joke! sad 

    I wish you good luck with your modelling! Being meticulous and thorough will definitely help you become a better modeler

     

    Thanks! I passed out at the doctor's office today!  I came to with a haf a dozen people surrounding me, trying to revive me. Tick bites can be very serious!

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    OMG! That's absolutely terrible!!! The only good thing in this situation is that it happened in a doctor's presence! How are you doing now? I hope the doctor put you on a whopper dose of antibiotics! Please be gentle with yourself, so you don't make matters worse and recover faster and better. Also, in the future remember to wear long pants, long socks and sleeves when doing anything in a place where there are ticks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Thank you for writing to me (us) when you are feeling real bad but please try not to waste energy when feeling so weak. Big hug for you, my friend. Heal fast and completely!

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    AOBB said:

    OMG! That's absolutely terrible!!! The only good thing in this situation is that it happened in a doctor's presence! How are you doing now? I hope the doctor put you on a whopper dose of antibiotics! Please be gentle with yourself, so you don't make matters worse and recover faster and better. Also, in the future remember to wear long pants, long socks and sleeves when doing anything in a place where there are ticks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Thank you for writing to me (us) when you are feeling real bad but please try not to waste energy when feeling so weak. Big hug for you, my friend. Heal fast and completely!

     

    Thanks. He did but I forgot the name of the antibiotic. He said it is the standard antibiotic they use for Lyme Disease & Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. He is the same doctor that treated in 2009 for a tick disease but for that one their lab tests didn't figure out the type of tick disease. This disease packs a whallop for sure, I ache all over and have did a strong headache and intermittant chills for 5 days. If it's anthing like 2009 it will take 2 weeks before the worst of it is gone.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    I'm glad the disease was recognized and is treated properly. I'm so sorry you have to go through all those Lyme disease symptoms but hopefully you are right and the worst will be over in two weeks. Get better fast and with no lingering aftermath!

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    AOBB said:

    I'm glad the disease was recognized and is treated properly. I'm so sorry you have to go through all those Lyme disease symptoms but hopefully you are right and the worst will be over in two weeks. Get better fast and with no lingering aftermath!

    I know a lady who did not get treated a few years back and I feel so bad for her. The disease is now gone but the side effects remained.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    Why didn't she get treatment?

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    AOBB said:

    Why didn't she get treatment?

    No, not until the disease was gone and the after effects were heavy and partially semi-permanent. Actually I think she could start a weightlifting, swimming, and high protien vegan diet to rebuild herself but most doctors don't meddle that much in their patients lives. I think they should with serious illness. She says she is now allergic to meat protein because of a new type of meat allergy some tick bitres cause. Maybe I will suggest to her to take up swimming and weightlifting at the local Y. She lives in a bigger city than I live in further out west so that shouldn't be a problem if she can afford it. I think they will help her if she can't.

    Sometimes, I think Lyme Disease is undiagnosed serious Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever case that has completely run it's course and exited the body and so is undetectable. Some cases of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever can be devastating as the damage to the circulatory system can be extensive leading to nutritional and oxygen supply cutoff to muscles (leading to atrophy, fatique, aches, and pains) and other organs too, Cardio, weight training, and nutrition are the only option to force new circulatory growth  I remember I lost 16 lbs in 2 weeks with it the 1st time I caught it. Most of the 16 lbs was due to being in a cold sweat for those two weeks, only about 8 lbs was fat and muscle. And I was treated right away in that case too. Soon as I got a cold sweat I went to the dr.

    Already, even with my mild new case I struglled to lift my electric lawnmower into and out of my car trunk today whereas I usually have no probem.

  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

    Looks like now is the time for you to take it easy, nonesuch00. It's really good that you paid attention and reacted to the symptoms and didn't just go into denial about them. Many people out of fear or some kind of inertia don't do anything when an illness strikes. I don't know why the woman you write about didn't see a doctor when she got so seriously sick but I know something firsthand about chronic pain and I feel for her. Maybe send her some links to articles written by professionals with advice on how to deal with situations like her. I'm sure there are articles about dealing with the long-term effects of Lyme disease online.

    The bottomline for you is - no lifting lawnmowers, no overexerting yourself. Give your body a chance to heal first.

     

     

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

    AOBB said:

    Looks like now is the time for you to take it easy, nonesuch00. It's really good that you paid attention and reacted to the symptoms and didn't just go into denial about them. Many people out of fear or some kind of inertia don't do anything when an illness strikes. I don't know why the woman you write about didn't see a doctor when she got so seriously sick but I know something firsthand about chronic pain and I feel for her. Maybe send her some links to articles written by professionals with advice on how to deal with situations like her. I'm sure there are articles about dealing with the long-term effects of Lyme disease online.

    The bottomline for you is - no lifting lawnmowers, no overexerting yourself. Give your body a chance to heal first.

    I guess she thought that her disease was something a doctor couldn't help like the flu or a cold or allergies. I know though if you break out in a cold sweat, shiver for no reason, or have a 4 day headache that won't go away - it's no a cold or the flu. I never had a cold or flu break me out in a cold sweat. 

    How to repond to metabolic systems should be a regular class that people are taught in school every year they attend!

    My Lyme came back negative. I've read symptoms or Lyme and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever before and know I have the later. I expect the later. It's what I had in May 2009 so maybe I'm partly immune as it wasn't nearly as bad. Last time the test came back as unknown as I guess there could be unidentified tick born diseases but the thing is that those tick birn disease tests are notariously inaccurate, it's like flipping a coin.

    If yu want to hear something shocking, the doctor did not record on my medical charts that I passed out in his office! I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's doing research on the why of it, but I think the medical chain of clinics he works for has ordered their workers not to report such medical events. I'm flabberghasted really. I have a prescheduled yearly checkup in June where I submit blood for tests so I'll ask him the reason then. 

     

     

Sign In or Register to comment.