Josie 7 and stuffs marked Free in the store...[FIXED]

DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
edited September 2015 in The Commons

Only they're not. It's the normal 2300-2330 issues as the new additions get uploaded to the store and the database settles.

It does answer the question  of who's next and when, though.

Although if you ask me, she looks more like a younger version of Vicki, or at least very closely related. I'll pick her up eventually.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866

Loving what I see in the Pro Bundle. Thanks PAs! 

• Prices are beginning to appear.  I would wait for a while for magento to catch up.

• Oh, I know. I wasn't complaining,  just seeing some humor in the initial presentation. It's one of those "never seen it before and way too good to be true" things. On the other hand, there are a few people around here that would have been extremely upset when the cart demanded forking over cash.

If it had been honored, I think I would have felt badly for taking the store up on it.

• I often see it everytime something new gets added I'm probably on here toooooooooooo much

• Yes, I saw that too. In my opinion there is something wrong with the Content Management System that DAZ use to maintain the store - really everything should go live simultaneously and not trickled like that. Sort of like an atomic transaction in SQL. All has to happen or nothing happens.

otoh it may be something to do with the CloudFire site caching they use. (Is it CloudFire? So many of these stupid names - maybe it's CloudBurst or CloudFlare - anyway, you know what I mean).

• Ah, there you go being logical, acanthis. :)

• acanthis said:

Yes, I saw that too. In my opinion there is something wrong with the Content Management System that DAZ use to maintain the store - really everything should go live simultaneously and not trickled like that. Sort of like an atomic transaction in SQL. All has to happen or nothing happens.

Or at least everything should up in the proper order. Not everything tends to happen at the same time with these systems, but normally you get your pricing data into the system before pushing the items out to users.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

It's one of those "never seen it before and way too good to be true" things.

I read the 7% off on gift cards as 70% and my mind started to go crazy calculating how much I could afford, before realising the truth in the old "If it appears to be too good to be true, it usually is" saying...

• isidorn said:

It's one of those "never seen it before and way too good to be true" things.

I read the 7% off on gift cards as 70% and my mind started to go crazy calculating how much I could afford, before realising the truth in the old "If it appears to be too good to be true, it usually is" saying...

same thing happened to me at first. did a double take..oh yeah reading to fast again.

• isidorn said:
    I read the 7% off on gift cards as 70% and my mind started to go crazy calculating how much I could afford,

I'm not the only one needing new glasses!   

Then I looked again... 

Agreed about the zero prices (for half an hour or so) — us customers should never be able to see that until the store system has time to get a part of anatomy it doesn't have extricated from another part of anatomy it doesn't have. 

• I saw that too... I did a triple-take, and then let it lie. DAZ giving away an expensive Pro Bundle is much more likely than them giving away money in those amounts.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I often see it everytime something new gets added I'm probably on here toooooooooooo much

I'm a "night owl" and DAZ midnight is the middle of my "day"... I see the "free" products a lot. Just for fun, I put one in my shopping cart once, it came back with a NAN (not a number) error. Not even a real price in the system at that point.

And I'd have to say, I'm in here too much, as well. laugh

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Glad to know I'm not the only person constantly refreshing DAZ at midnight :D

• I've only really been doing that the last few weeks, waiting for G3M to drop.