Question about Morphs

AngelAngel Posts: 1,204
edited September 2015 in The Commons

I created a really cool creature, some of it in zbrush some of it using creature creater for G2M. My question is, could I share my creature at shareCG, because I know part of what makes him possible is a licenced product. Also, anyone getting the issue of loading the forum and it sits there and signs you in and out like all weird? Oo

Post edited by Angel on

Comments

• 1) Did you export your G2M at base resolution to sculpt on?  You will need to have done that for it to work properly.

2) You can follow RKane's tutorial.  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6483/tutorial-creating-a-genesis-g2f-g2m-full-body-morph-for-daz-studio-pro-4-6-by-rkane-1/p1

3) Note that to be able to share the morph, you'll need to set the Morph Loader Pro setting to Reverse Deformation.  It's what makes the morph only work if the user also has G2M and the Creature Creator morphs.  SickleYield explains about Reverse Deformation in this tutorial:

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Requested-Loading-Morphs-in-DAZ-Studio-450007378

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204

1) Did you export your G2M at base resolution to sculpt on?  You will need to have done that for it to work properly.

2) You can follow RKane's tutorial.  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6483/tutorial-creating-a-genesis-g2f-g2m-full-body-morph-for-daz-studio-pro-4-6-by-rkane-1/p1

3) Note that to be able to share the morph, you'll need to set the Morph Loader Pro setting to Reverse Deformation.  It's what makes the morph only work if the user also has G2M and the Creature Creator morphs.  SickleYield explains about Reverse Deformation in this tutorial:

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Requested-Loading-Morphs-in-DAZ-Studio-450007378

I know how to do that. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking a legal question.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited September 2015

The EULA allows you to make the morphs and share them as morph assets for DS so long as you've used Reverse Deformation so that the end user is required to have the needed meshes/morphs in order for it to work.  You can test if reverse deformation is working by removing G2M and Creature Creator and trying to load your morph.  It shouldn't work if those products are uninstalled.  You are intending this for Daz Studio?

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • AngelAngel Posts: 1,204

The EULA allows you to make the morphs and share them as morph assets for DS so long as you've used Reverse Deformation so that the end user is required to have the needed meshes/morphs in order for it to work.  You can test if reverse deformation is working by removing G2M and Creature Creator and trying to load your morph.  It shouldn't work if those products are uninstalled.  You are intending this for Daz Studio?

Well its not a shaping preset. It's this guy majorly a zbrushed genesis. I've used some creature creator morphs to get me started. But its an ERC morph now.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,815

Well its not a shaping preset. It's this guy majorly a zbrushed genesis. I've used some creature creator morphs to get me started. But its an ERC morph now.

Like Cris said....even if it is heavily altered in zbrush, if it used some of the licensed morphs to even start it off, it has to use reverse deformations to strip those morphs out. Then the final morph preset can link those used morphs through erc. That is the only way it can be distributed.