Iray not working

Hello, I have been using DS 4.8 pro Iradium since the start and find it great product But now for some unknown reason to me when I try to a test render or a full render Iray now gives me an error message as shown in the attached error message!

zip
zip
DAZStudio_error_report_150915-155606.zip

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,122

Open the task manager when you try to render this scene and watch the amount of memory it uses. I think your system is going "OOM" Out of memory.

the log shows this several times

WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.15  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): out of memory (while allocating memory)
    WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.15  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Failed to allocate 358473337 bytes
    WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.15  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): May not have enough memory available to start CUDA kernel (estimated 341MB)

make sure you have the CPU checked in the devices settings so iray can drop back to CPU if the card fails to handle the render.

if your system doesn't have enough ram to handle it, you will need to make adjustments to it so it will fit within the resources the system has to work with.