A critical statement to shapes and morphs

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited September 2015 in The Commons

Okay, the new figures are really good and have a lot of morphs but one thing I do not like. If you flatten the breasts on GF3 for example or move them up and down or in and out the nipples change, they get bigger as they should be so everytime you have to adjust them.

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• You need to be more specific if you're going to be critical.  

You're working with the G3F base?  Are you using the Breasts Gone morph at 100%?  What do you mean by move the breasts up/down or in/out?  Are you doing this by using a particular slider?  Giving specific slider names, the packs they come from, the percentages you use and whatever else you're doing will help someone give you a better response.

I realize you are doing a lot of exploration of the figures and accessories, but it would be good to take a step back and figure out a way to do a thread that will cover your topics when similar, so that you don't have a lot of threads with lots of information spread out so far.  You can probably consolidate some of what you ask about, so rather than think of something and start a thread, think about whether your question fits into a thread you've already started.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

You need to be more specific if you're going to be critical.  

You're working with the G3F base?  Are you using the Breasts Gone morph at 100%?  What do you mean by move the breasts up/down or in/out?  Are you doing this by using a particular slider?  Giving specific slider names, the packs they come from, the percentages you use and whatever else you're doing will help someone give you a better response.

I realize you are doing a lot of exploration of the figures and accessories, but it would be good to take a step back and figure out a way to do a thread that will cover your topics when similar, so that you don't have a lot of threads with lots of information spread out so far.  You can probably consolidate some of what you ask about, so rather than think of something and start a thread, think about whether your question fits into a thread you've already started.

quite simple, I use G3F with 50% V7 body and Body shapes like breast natural, breast shape 01, breast small, breast implant. So if I pose G3F lying on side the breast in reality follows the gravity, right, so I move them to the side and with the slider breast side-side okay? Okay and then it looks like that the nipples are becoming bigger. What is so difficult to understand?

but it really doesn`t matter how I shape the breasts, it allways looks like they are becomming bigger (particularly the one of the breast that "points out").

• cosmo71 said:

quite simple, I use G3F with 50% V7 body and Body shapes like breast natural, breast shape 01, breast small, breast implant. So if I pose G3F lying on side the breast in reality follows the gravity, right, so I move them to the side and with the slider breast side-side okay? Okay and then it looks like that the nipples are becoming bigger. What is so difficult to understand?

The difficulty is in not knowing exactly what you used and what you were trying to do.  Now I have a better idea.  Please remember that while you know exactly what you did, there is no way for us to know unless you tell us.  You have indicated that you have used "breast natural, breast shape 01, breast small, breast implant", which some of those enlarge and some make smaller, so because you're using breast small, you're going for a smaller breast.  See how I have to guess because you don't tell me what exactly you did?  Also is breast side-side from a particular pack, as I don't seem to have that slider in the packages I have.  If you are using breast side-side to imitate gravity, it may not be intended to do what you are expecting.  There are products, such as http://www.daz3d.com/breast-control-for-genesis-2-female-s that would probably do what you want, but Zev0 has not yet released one for G3F.

edited September 2015
    cosmo71 said:

The difficulty is in not knowing exactly what you used and what you were trying to do.  Now I have a better idea.  Please remember that while you know exactly what you did, there is no way for us to know unless you tell us.  You have indicated that you have used "breast natural, breast shape 01, breast small, breast implant", which some of those enlarge and some make smaller, so because you're using breast small, you're going for a smaller breast.  See how I have to guess because you don't tell me what exactly you did?  Also is breast side-side from a particular pack, as I don't seem to have that slider in the packages I have.  If you are using breast side-side to imitate gravity, it may not be intended to do what you are expecting.  There are products, such as http://www.daz3d.com/breast-control-for-genesis-2-female-s that would probably do what you want, but Zev0 has not yet released one for G3F.

I use the G3F breast morphs.

But I have another question.

I have tried it several times yet. I select G3F and add some body shape and pose control morphs to favorites and I select the head and add some head pose control morphs to favorites. So far so good. If I know save the scene, clear the scene and load the scene new the favorite body shape and pose control morphs added to favorites are no longer under favorites but if I select the head the added pose control morphs are still under favorites.

I have tried this also just with adding only the body spape and pose control morphs to favorites then saved the scene, cleared the scene, loaded it new, the morphs are no longer under favorites.

I have no clue.

edited September 2015

Well to sliders I guess you have the sliders, have you looked under pose control morphs?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235
    edited September 2015

I'm afraid I've never used favorites for anything.  I just make presets when I need something.

Yes, I found the breast sliders under the pose controls, but I don't see the breasts enlarging, only the masss of the breast being moved in the direction that the slider indicates.

http://prntscr.com/8gwbk5 at default

http://prntscr.com/8gwbrv both shifted to her right

It's not getting bigger, in that the volume stays the same, but just as with a balloon filled with water, the shape will change, but not it's mass.

Even with Breasts Gone at 100%, the mass is simply shifting.  http://prntscr.com/8gwfb5  I also turned on the nipples and I don't see any distortion on them.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

I'm afraid I've never used favorites for anything.  I just make presets when I need something.

Yes, I found the breasts under the pose controls, but I don't see the breasts enlarging, only the masss of the breast being moved in the direction that the slider indicates.

http://prntscr.com/8gwbk5 at default

http://prntscr.com/8gwbrv both shifted to her right

It's not getting bigger, in that the volume stays the same, but just as with a balloon filled with water, the shape will change, but not it's mass.

not the breast enlarges, but the nipple looks bigger then.

• I saw no real change in the size of the nipple when i used the controls to move them, cosmo.  I tried a few differenc sizes.  I had the nipples small, the nipples large, the masses shift, but that is all I can see happen.

I saw no real change in the size of the nipple when i used the controls to move them, cosmo.  I tried a few differenc sizes.  I had the nipples small, the nipples large, the masses shift, but that is all I can see happen.

maybe I have a knick in the optics indecision

• cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:

I have tried it several times yet. I select G3F and add some body shape and pose control morphs to favorites and I select the head and add some head pose control morphs to favorites. So far so good. If I know save the scene, clear the scene and load the scene new the favorite body shape and pose control morphs added to favorites are no longer under favorites but if I select the head the added pose control morphs are still under favorites.

Ok, so with regards to favorites, they are scene specific.  I created a scene, loaded G3F, set some morphs as favorites and saved the scene.  I cleared the scene and reloaded the one I saved and the favorites were there.  I also tested to see if scene subsets work and they do.  The advantage to scene subsets is they can be added to a scene.  I save figures with morphs loaded as well as textures and clothing and can add them to an environment scene or what have you.

cosmo71 said:

I have tried this also just with adding only the body spape and pose control morphs to favorites then saved the scene, cleared the scene, loaded it new, the morphs are no longer under favorites.

I have no clue.

• faves work for me as well.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970
    edited September 2015

More people need to work QA for a while and develop critical bug reporting skills. ;)

(I used to test XBox games, which was... rather less fun than someone might suppose 'Ok, for the next month you're going to play a racing game. Your task is to drive at 2 mph while scraping the outside wall and see if you fall through the map.')

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2015

More people need to work QA for a while and develop critical bug reporting skills. ;)

(I used to test XBox games, which was... rather less fun than someone might suppose 'Ok, for the next month you're going to play a racing game. Your task is to drive at 2 mph while scraping the outside wall and see if you fall through the map.')

we have NASCAR re-enactors who do this regularly on Friday nights down South: Hole mah beer y'all an' watch this!

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2015

cosmo71 said:

I have no clue.

if you put a morph in favorites and reload the scene it's not there any longer. I'm almost sure I've seen this but I can't test at this time.

PS the editing and quoting system on this board is hereby condemned. 

Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited September 2015

well, I tried it now six times and everytime the favs on the body are gone but the favs on the head are still there after reloading the saved scene.

• I had faves saved on some breast morphs and are there when I reopen the scene or add the scene subset.

• PS the editing and quoting system on this board is hereby condemned. 

I don't think it was ever demned in  the first place.    

I had faves saved on some breast morphs and are there when I reopen the scene or add the scene subset.

That may be but that worked not for my G3F for what ever reason, only the face morphs and expressions are still favorites after reopen the scene, the bodymorphs not, I am totally confused about that issue surprise

Maybe I do something wrong.

If I save G3F as scene:

File > save as > scene > "enter name" > enter

correct?

So I tried it again and have added some body morphs to favorites, I saved the scene and reopen it and ... no bodymorph is found under favorites. Only the head has the favorited morphs.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

Are these shaping or posing morphs?  Do you have the entire figure selected, or just the head?

I have tried several morphs, shaping morphs, posing morphs, both together and have selected the whole figure everytime for the bodymorphs. Now I have tried it again and have added the some morphs of the "New Genitals for V7" to favorites and saved the scene, after reopen the scene these morphs of the "New Genitals for V7" can be found under favorites. I do not understand that. G3F bodymorphs added to favorites get lost after saving and reopen the scene, "New Genital for V7" morphs not. Facemorphs get also not lost.

edited September 2015

I miss a morph for the body. V4 has an "young" morphs for the body which I have used to let her see older using the negativ value. Such a morph for G3F would be cool or two morphs - 1. younger 2. older body

I know you can do it with all morphs you have but a standard younger/older morph as age base morph would make the thing much easier.

Well, G3F is good but some things aren`t better than on V4. Thigh - Hip bending is also not good (I would even say maybe a bit worse) and that I do not understand.

everytime you have to what for 3thd Party products. It was so for V4 with Overhaul for DS by I13  and now it is so for G3F. I do not get it that DS couldn`t create Figures with smoothing options for critical regions like the hip/thigh region that works seperate from shaping morphs.