Characters arms suddenly don't move!

iDiruiDiru Posts: 700
edited September 2015 in The Commons

Not sure why this has happened...

I saved my character in my library, opened him back up, did a bunch of crap to him, and went to pose him but for some reason his arms don't move when I select a pose!

I ht 'zero figure' in Poser to zero out his pose before saving him but now his arms don't move right? What can I do to fix this?

I did a lot of work on him before I saved him

This has neverh appened before.

I can move them manually but the pose does not apply?

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity

edit:

since my image was removed

I took a render these two together

the one thats normal looking is the one I initially saved and zeroed

the one with the wings is the other one that for some reason does not have working arms

those are both the same poses?

Post edited by iDiru on

Comments

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited September 2015

Hmmm... How much altering did you do?

It's possible that the rigging was changed at some point or it's no longer correct with the shape. If that's the case, then Poser could be misreading something.

Here's a test-- use the Hands Fist dial in Pose Controls, and make a render showing what it looks like.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on
  • iDiruiDiru Posts: 700

Hmmm... How much altering did you do?

It's possible that the rigging was changed at some point or it's no longer correct with the shape. If that's the case, then Poser could be misreading something.

Here's a test-- use the Hands Fist dial in Pose Controls, and make a render showing what it looks like.

The hands work fine

it's just the arms

and I mean I altered his face

I don't know if it matters but I saved the original file into a different library location. I usually, by default just save it to 'downloads' since nothing goesi n there

but I thought maybe if I saved him to the daz library I would be able to access some of the morphs I installed AFTER I made the character. (he's been a work in progress for a while, I constantly edit him)

But then I made this one, which is like a lot different.

By different I mean textures, and some added things like horns/jewelry etc

because I was doing some art for someone.

and suddenly find his arms do not move?

• Something isn't playing nice, certainly. Your best bet for help though in in Nuts 'n' Bolts (that's where tech questions are usually posted).

Rather than making a new thread there, however, click the report flag and tell the mods you would like it moved. I still think it's a problem with the rigging or some other similar interaction.

Something isn't playing nice, certainly. Your best bet for help though in in Nuts 'n' Bolts (that's where tech questions are usually posted).

Rather than making a new thread there, however, click the report flag and tell the mods you would like it moved. I still think it's a problem with the rigging or some other similar interaction.

I mean I can't understand what I would have done different

other than zeroing the figure using Poser instead of a preset 'zero figure' pose?

• iDiru said:

Something isn't playing nice, certainly. Your best bet for help though in in Nuts 'n' Bolts (that's where tech questions are usually posted).

other than zeroing the figure using Poser instead of a preset 'zero figure' pose?

If something's not moving, then there are larger issues than the method you used to zero the figure. It's worth a shot, but I doubt it's going to make a lot of difference. Do you have any sort of custom sculpting in the figure?

• that has actually been happening to me on a few projects too pose controls locking up ended up quiting the project starting a new version from scratch and saving that over the old project used pretty much the same content for each project too but it worked on the newer ones

iDiru said:

If something's not moving, then there are larger issues than the method you used to zero the figure. It's worth a shot, but I doubt it's going to make a lot of difference. Do you have any sort of custom sculpting in the figure?

I did, but nto this specific instance of it

I moved him over from M4 and so he doesn't technically have any sculpting done on him, but M4 did.

He was working until now when I saved the new version of him.

that has actually been happening to me on a few projects too pose controls locking up ended up quiting the project starting a new version from scratch and saving that over the old project used pretty much the same content for each project too but it worked on the newer ones

I saved the project though

I saved a version of him like you saw above

and I loaded him again into a new scene

and he was still broken.