The Log int/ log you out loop bug seems to be back again, and worse than before.

Yup, I keep getting the log in log out loop bug again, worse now than ever before. at least before it would only happen if I was browsing the forums on my moble before getting home. Now it happens if I simply close the browser inbetween visits.... starting to get annoying...

Comments

• sporadic for me.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

I've never had it. If I buy something in the store and come to the Forum there is a flash of "We are signing you in" but I have never been signed out while browsing and I stay logged in for days.

I use Opera on all my devices, Laptop, Desktop and Android Tablet.

• Once a day, and you log in and it takes you totally out of the forums. 

Now I know how Lando felt when he made that deal with the Empire.

• artd3Dartd3D Posts: 165

Almost everytime when I go from the store to the forums I get this. Sometimes it goes on so long I have to close the browser to stop it.

I can't understand why a problem like this takes so long to resolve.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The problem is with this sort of problem, it doesn't affect everyone, so it is very difficult to track it down.  If the guys who are trying to troubleshoot can't reproduce it, then they can't really fix it.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2015
    Chohole said:

The problem is with this sort of problem, it doesn't affect everyone, so it is very difficult to track it down.  If the guys who are trying to troubleshoot can't reproduce it, then they can't really fix it.

While I understand that it does not dismiss the fact that the problem still happens. ;-)

is this forum the sole creation of Daz3d or is it some 3rd party solution? If the latter is there a knowledge base from the developer?

Post edited by StratDragon on

what they need is an itemised list of exactly what heppens, screen shots would help. In good plain language, so that it is easy to follow what is actually happeining to those who get this problem.  At the moement it is so patchy and descriptions are not really helping those who don't experience it to work out what is happening.

• It is cruel how it taunts as you helplessly watch.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,103

It is cruel how it taunts as you helplessly watch.

I always hit the "X" in the address bar to stop the page from loading (sometimes I have to hit it a few times until the page stops everything).  Then just login again. Then you don't have to wait.

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

I only encounter the log in/log out issue when I access the forums by clicking the link in a notification email. I access DAZ from three different computers throughout the day and seldom have an issue with forums. I haven't jumped from shopping cart to forum yet, and I haven't reproduced the issue jumping from Gallery to Forum.

•  

Chohole said:

what they need is an itemised list of exactly what heppens, screen shots would help. In good plain language, so that it is easy to follow what is actually happeining to those who get this problem.  At the moement it is so patchy and descriptions are not really helping those who don't experience it to work out what is happening.

open a browser (e.g Chrome Version 44.0.2403.107 (64-bit))

in the url type "www.daz3d.com/forms/"

click "remember me" 

repeat every time I reboot or shut down.

• Chohole said:

The only problem is that there is nothing but a static screen that says "Wait a sec while we log you out" with a swirly "loading" cursor. If you really want me to screen shot this for you, I will the next time it happens... But we've all seen the swirly "loading" Icon. Other than that, I don't get any visible indicators that would be caputed by a screenshot/video.

Only other info I can add is that I use Foxfire.

Intermittent problems are the bane of any tech. so I'm not really upset, just reporting that it is happening... and it seems to be random to me as to when it is going to happen.

so basically what we have is an intermittent log out issue, sometimes you are logged out when you finish a forum browsing session, and sometimes you aren't.  And then once you log back in again you have to log in to magento and then wait for it to log you back into the forums as well?

• Chohole said:

so basically what we have is an intermittent log out issue, sometimes you are logged out when you finish a forum browsing session, and sometimes you aren't.  And then once you log back in again you have to log in to magento and then wait for it to log you back into the forums as well?

I would say that is basically it. When I most often have the issue is when I move from the Store to the Forums.  I usually log into the store (even though I click the "remember me") to check my wishlist, then after I'm done poking around in the store, I move to the forums...

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

starting from the point where I'm logged out, I click the little person icon in the upper right corner of the forum and log in, checking the checkbox to keep me logged in.  Things work.  Then at some point in the future when clicking an email link to take me to a forum discussion I'm subscribed to, it will take me there for half a second, long enough to actually see the forum posts, then it will immediately erase that and display some message to the effect of logging out. I'll then be stuck on that screen for a while, something on the screen flickers but I don't remember what offhand, and since it takes a while I usually go away to another tab and do something else until it finally finshes logging me out.

At this point if I click the email link again it takes me to my account instead of to the forum.  I log in and check the checkbox to keep me logged in again.  If I were to click the email link now, it STILL doesn't work and just takes me to my account. 

I now click a bookmark to any random forum such as the Commons, at which point it suddenly realizes I was supposed to be logged in and gives me a message to the effect of "logging in".  Now if I click my email link it works.  Everything is working again for some unknown period of time until one day suddenly I'm back at the logout loop and need to start over.  I keep forgetting to write down how often this happens, but if I had to guess I'd say maybe every day on average, sometimes more than once a day (although it's possible a few store purchases were on those multiple-times-per-day incidents, not sure) .  I'm not certain but think it may have worked for multiple days in a row too though?

A while back I experimented with deleting cookies, and think a certain combination of kept vs. deleted cookies could force it to happen on command, but I no longer remember the steps there, or even if that is meaningful information.

edited September 2015

OK,   The site must have decided to actually show me what is happening, as experienced the whole loop myself today.  Came in from my bookmark onto the fromnt page, as usual, as soon as I clicked the forums button it decided to start logging me out, flickering away on that little tag bottom left of the screen. So now I have all the steps logged out I can make it into a report.  I think you all wished it on me. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

For the last couple of days, I've been using a tip I picked up from Richard Haseltine in another thread. As soon as the forums page starts loading, I hit Return, and I stay logged in.

As to what happens. It's simple. My bookmark is "http://www.daz3d.com/forums/"; Every time I come here (several times a day), I immediately get signed out. I have to log in, then I get signed back back into the forums again. Checking 'Remember me' makes no difference at all.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited September 2015
    maclean said:

As to what happens. It's simple. My bookmark is "http://www.daz3d.com/forums/"; Every time I come here (several times a day), I immediately get signed out. I have to log in, then I get signed back back into the forums again. Checking 'Remember me' makes no difference at all.

Perhaps that is one reason I don't see it as my bookmark is http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussions which means I go direct to new posts. I also mark forums read after reading the posts that interest me.

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • For crying out loud, DAZ - what is it that your web developers don't understand about a check box that has the label: "Keep Me Logged In" ?????

Yes, that's right, it means ... "Keep Me Logged In". Unless, it seems, you're a DAZ Web developer; in which case it means "Maybe keep me logged in for some indeterminate period of time inversely proportional to the degree of inconvenience imposed by having been logged out."

And then the whole Keep Me Logged In (Maybe) fiasco gets even more fiascolic with the intensely irritating forum fudge: "Signing You In ... Signing You Out".

Honestly, as if the tortuously complex sales logic isn't bad enough, now you slap another barrier in front of your customers by logging them out so that they then can waste their time clicking on a tiny little icon of a chess pawn just because somebody thought it looked cool to do it that way. I suppose when a company has a logo that looks like a Venus Fly Trap it all sort of makes sense.

Anyway at least I know I'll never have to read any replies to this - because DAZ decided that the forum software should never tell you when replies are made to a thread that you have posted to!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

As long as I am logged into the store, i never have this problem. It's only if i am logged out in the store that i get this issue in the forums, so knowing this, it's a simple solution for me.

edited September 2015

To receive notifications of replies to a thread you need to bookmark it, using the star symbol by the first post in the thread, the faint star before the gear Icon

Post edited by Chohole on

Thanks, Fishtales. I've changed my bookmark and I'll try it later on. You never know..... it might even work. Short of voodoo, I don't know of anything else that could work.

• Personally I think the Websites "keep me logged in" button has amnesia.. It never remembers me.

threads merged

Well, changing my bookmark didn't help. I went straight to New Posts, got signed out, logged in and ended up back on the forums page (via My Account).

Back to hunting for voodoo spells.

• For me I believe it is because i visit the store under 2 different windows log ins. Its the same browser just different security levels as ones a buisness.  Most of my shopping is done at home but when i'm stuck late at work i'll check the sales on break. If I don't sign out before heading home and then log in here I risk getting the loop.

• Vhardamis said:

For me I believe it is because i visit the store under 2 different windows log ins. Its the same browser just different security levels as ones a buisness.  Most of my shopping is done at home but when i'm stuck late at work i'll check the sales on break. If I don't sign out before heading home and then log in here I risk getting the loop.

I used to think this as well, as that is basically what I do. However, I have had it happen on my weekends, when I haven't even looked at my mobile for 2 days... (yes, I work 4-10's so I have 3 day weekends)... It happens most often for myself when I go to the store first then head into the forums, however this is the most common way I use the forums, so I'm not sure if it happens more because I'm doing  the store to forum route, or if it is acutally there... I have had times when I simple leave the forums and come back a few minutes later as well...

Chohole: I'm sorry it finally happened to you, but glad it did. It makes it just that much easier for someone looking into it to be able to talk more directly to someone it has happened to.

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

It seems to happen to me in chrome.

Not sure if maybe I didn't log on one of the browsers when I closed it. I think if I was logged in on Firefox and closed it that I would be logged out regardless. But Chrome seems to keep me logged in, if I didn't log out. Or maybe it logs me back in automatically. If it does,...I don't like that because I always tell it not to remember my passwords.

So I just switched to Firefox which is my preferred browser. A few websites seem to crash firefox though, so then I switch to chrome for them. The Weather channel crashes firefox before it even loads. And it happens on two different machines with firefox.