Missing ears!

A new glitch has popped up.  I load a characrter (so far I think I've noticed this was character presets made from v4 skin and morphs converted to G2F...can't swear it hasn't happened with native G2F characters), and their ears are messed up in the Viewport.

It renders fine, but it's messed up in the viewport.

It's taken a couple of different forms, but the one I screenshotted is the most common variation I've seen....

the left ear is fine, but the right ear is just a black oval. (I've also seen it with a tan or flesh colored oval). (left side pics)

and if you hove the mouse over the head as to select it, there;s a weird "phantom ear" offset from the real ear. (pics on the right )

I want to stress this is only in the viewport..it renders fine.

anyone have an idea what the daz is going on?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Could be a transmap...is this with or without hair?

Or the lash transmap (didn't V4 have a brow thing, too?).

OpenGL has always had problems with layered transmaps, and most often showed similar problems on the M4 genitals...

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Transmap...opacity map? None in there that I know of. (well eyelashes likely)

I've used these characters before with no problem in the viewport,..and can load them without having any issues some of the time to.

The screenshots are obviously without hair.. i can't recall if it continued after adding hair.

I recently messed with optimaztion settings (see the Mac Thread for details), and I'm wonder if that's where a lot of these issues is coming from.

Screenshot 2015-09-16 16.16.19.png
    837 x 473 - 52K

Yes, opacity maps...

And yeah, it could be related to the optimization settings, but as long as they render correctly it isn't a problem.

What it boils down to is that the OpenGL shading in the viewport isn't capable of handling the maps.  It's more of an antiquated OpenGL shader than anything else.  And the only way to absolutely be sure is to remove any and every opacity map in the scene...

Any advice on optimization settings? I just flipped the switches Totte mentioned in the mac thread.

Don't worry about it...basically you will either have to go back to what you had before for the settings, which wasn't, vvery likely, optimal, for this one character/group or not worry about it.

There's also a limit on the number of opacity maps that the OpenGL viewport can handle at one time without starting to get strange.  I have a few things that when loaded do that and as long as they render correctly I don't bother with it.

I run into the open gl crap with planes and hair before... but this case there's literaly nothing but a naked G2F with a v4 skin on.

I loaded the one in the screen shot and checked...there's a transmap on the eyelashes and the cornea..shurg