Woohoo - Dynamic Martial Arts Gi: Genesis 2

http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-martial-arts-gi-genesis-2

I'm presuming there is no reason it wont work with G3F?

A Selection of skirts would be great SimonWM. :) Dresses there are quite a lot of; underwear too, but not a biggy there as conforming is ok; it would be nice to have though.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,236
    edited September 2015

Autofit doesn't work for dynamic clothes, but you can most probably get it to work on other figures using an animated drape.

I'm really glad to see new dynamic clothes released, I hope there are more planned.

Post edited by Leana on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Yeh I mainly use V4; and it works great on G3; the couple of G2 items I have I haven't needed to test yet, which might be a way of answering my own question.

Even dresses, although quite a lot of, even if they looked the same, if they didn't look like a flat plane at the edges that would be great. So syle repetitions, but more complicated at the edge to give the feeling of depth, would go in the basket, or if cash was tight, the wish list. I tend to buy all the dynamic, as I can afford (about 3 items left) just to encourage their production. :)

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924

Yes, there are more dynamic clothes planned for Genesis 3.  The rigging on Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 is completely different so these clothes will not conform to Genesis 3 poses for static drapes unlike Genesis 2 and 1 that DO HAVE this feature included in this product.. 

To use the set with Genesis 3 you will need to do an animated drape  which for some poses is almost always necessary to get the best draping.  For a Genesis 3 animated drape you need to go to your parameters  and assign a "fit to none" to the clothes so they don't try to follow Genesis 3 rig and then just leave about 30 frames between your 1st frame (T-pose) and your final pose and run the simulation.

Also with Iray is almost mandatory to freeze your simulation. These set includes a set of mat poses optimized for Iray as well as a second set of mat poses for 3Delight.

Dynamic clothes will give you much better results than conforming clothes but its not point and click.  Unlike baggy conforming clothes dynamic clothes will follow your pose without looking like they are made of playdoo once you know how to use them.  We have a new Rendering engine in Iray so its important to go thru the readme file.  I am publishing it in here:

When rendering in Iray its advisable:
    1-To freeze the simulation for more stability.
    2-We recommend you add a smoothing modifier since it makes dynamic clothes in Iray look better. (Scene Tab/Edit/Geometry/Apply smoothing modifier) Smoothing Type works best as Generic. Iterations can be left at 2. Choose your model as Collision item.
    3-A Smoothing modifier is almost enough to make the cloth look good but you can also try to add converting the resulting mesh to SubDivision using Edit/Geometry/Convert To SubD.  Do not use Bilinear subdivision as it will give you jagged clothing folds, Catmull Clark Legacy seems to work best in Iray.
    4-Increase Texture Resolution in the Advanced Tab of the Render Settings Panel to 2048 Medium Threshold and 4096 High Threshold.

3 Delight Notes:

The small/xsmall presets included in the product will only show during the draping.  These are applied to the medium size of the martial arts gi set and the adjustment in size will happen when draping/ running the simulation.  It is a good idea to exclude the hands and feet from that simulation so the clothes can shrink freely without getting tangled with the fingers or toes.

The 3Delight Mat Files work on multiple styles.  This means for example that the "Jacket Black Yellow" mat file from the 3Delight folder can be applied to the Open, Tied and Untied Jackets while the Iray mat files are specific for each style of jacket or pant.

General Notes:

Dynamic Clothes are unselectable by default in the viewport. You select the clothes in the Garment Tab of the Dynamic Clothes pane.

edited September 2015

Thanks Simon, I've just answered my own question, but appreciate the extra info:

I didn't freeze this one as I was thinking I might want to change it. I love the dynamic clothes in Daz, and wish there were more; sure they are fun to get to grips with and can be time consuming to get right; once right though, the effect is amazing.

Edit:

Good news there will be more.

I've found SubD to be a great 'improver' too, although applying it can crash Daz; sometimes when applying it; sometimes just after clicking render (with IRAY, as I almost never use 3Delight). It hasn't happened for the last few days though.

Incidentally, the figure here is a G3F default character with teen josie partially applied; the josie-thin applied and a custom morph to further reduce the model's size; it is just slightly shorter than Teen Josie 7

dynamic.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 384K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924

I used to get crashes with autofit and old conforming clothes but never with SubD but every configuration might have its hiccups.  Nice drape with the Fairy Queen dynamic dress and Josie 7. :)

edited September 2015

Well, I said not had a crash for days; well I applied a subd and it crashed; first time I've seen a runtime error from visual C 2005 displayed; I clicked ok and then daz closed.

Reloaded and tried again, and I got one of the usual Daz generate error messages.

Post edited by nicstt on