Question about Rigged Water Iray

tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
edited September 2015 in The Commons

If anyone has bought this product http://www.daz3d.com/rigged-water-iray could you please advise how 'rigged' the water drips and jets are? Are we talking a long jet of water that can be bent in several places to make it conform around an object, or in an arch or something? I'd like to try to make them run down various surfaces - but is that possible?

I've pm'd SickleYield with this question but she doesn't seem to be around right now and I'm not sure how long this product will be in the sale.

Post edited by tl155180 on

Comments

• tl155180 said:

If anyone has bought this product http://www.daz3d.com/rigged-water-iray could you please advise how 'rigged' the water drips and jets are? Are we talking a long jet of water that can be bent in several places to make it conform around an object, or in an arch or something? I'd like to try to make them run down various surfaces - but is that possible?

I've pm'd SickleYield with this question but she doesn't seem to be around right now and I'm not sure how long this product will be in the sale.

Good question. I'd also like and answer to this question. Before sale ends. smiley

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

Well, making it conform to different surfaces might be hard unless they are very simple. The different models have plenty of bones though. For example the drips have 15 bones and the shower fall has 8. There are overall controlers that allow for bend, side side or twist of the whole ffigure or you can manipulate individual bones. Anything specific you want to see?

Ciao

TD

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,916

Setting collision might help.

• thd777 said:

Well, making it conform to different surfaces might be hard unless they are very simple. The different models have plenty of bones though. For example the drips have 15 bones and the shower fall has 8. There are overall controlers that allow for bend, side side or twist of the whole ffigure or you can manipulate individual bones. Anything specific you want to see?

Ciao

TD

Thanks TD, I think that answers my question. It doesn't have to conform exactly to a surface, I just wanted to check that its possible to make it bend around corners and over bumps etc. I want to use it as slime on people and furniture. If the props have that many bones, then it should be good.

• Just bought the product and its everything I'd hoped it would be. The drips and jets are really well rigged, with lots of bones and with a bit of care I can re-shape and re-size them for exactly what I need. Great product SickleYield! laugh

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

If you get bored, feel free to post screenshots.  I'd be curious to see more beyond what's in the promo images, others might be interested as well.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,155

Yea, this dribbled into my cart for sure.  Sickle knows her stuff! 

• I did answer the question via PM, but I'm glad people were able to figure it out. :)  Thanks and have fun!

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited September 2015

Ok, here's a rough idea of one of the ways I intend to use this product. This is just a quick render to illustrate its potential uses - obviously I'd spend more time positioning/posing/shaping/lighting on a real render but this should give you the gist.

This is me using the rigs/bones in SY Rigged Water Drips (15) and SY Rigged Water Jet 03 (20) at 20% of their default size. All I did was adjust the bend/twist/side-side parameters to fit to her contours. Thats also SickleYield's shower pose for G2F, with a very slight adjustment to one arm.

Sorry, yes I should have said that SickleYield did respond to my pm in the end. Thanks SY! laugh

SickleYields Rigged Water.jpg
    1138 x 910 - 323K
    Post edited by tl155180 on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

I used it for a 'quickie' here but flummoxed SickleYield by converting it to use 3Delight shaders! ;)

• Well, Sickleyield actually had a rigged water product available for 3Delight, already. ;)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

Well, Sickleyield actually had a rigged water product available for 3Delight, already. ;)

I know, I used the water shaders from it :)

And this is the fully Iray version (different lighting)

Flying fish Iray.jpg
    1350 x 1747 - 1M
  • They have different content anyway, actually!  Basically the only overlap is the shower piece (which is better in the new one), so it kind of makes sense to get both and use the shaders for the engine you prefer.  I still have a lot of sales of the old one (one of my bestselling products of all time), so I wasn't going to make it totally obsolete. ;)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I've been wanting to purchase the 3D delight one since it came out so I purchased both sets tonight, it's cool the textures work together between the sets

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,236

They have different content anyway, actually!  Basically the only overlap is the shower piece (which is better in the new one), so it kind of makes sense to get both and use the shaders for the engine you prefer. 

Interesting to know. I'll probably get the new one too at some point then...