Broken Ball Joint Skin for Genesis

Hello lovely Daz community! While I'm not the most novice of users, I am a "learn-by-doing" person, and I've never come across this problem before.

I recently bought the Ball Joint Doll by Sickleyyield and Fuseling (SKU:17396). When I go to apply the skin to genesis, I get a missing file error asking for Victoria 5 uv maps, which I don't own. The product page for Ball Joint Doll doesn't mention Victoria 5, so I uninstalled and reinstalled all my genesis starter essentials with new packages, hoping there might be some update that fixes the issue. I've also tried to apply make up or eye colors first, as that semed to fix another issue with the eyebrows (I read this in the forums). But that didn't work. The result is a choppy application of the skin. Otherwise the product looks great, and I'm truly looking forward to using it, so I hope someone has a suggestion. 

Is this because I'm using 4.8 pro?(I've read the product works fine in 4.6)  Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the proper result? (Preferably without rolling back my software edition). Thanks in advance!

~la fuzz

broken skin.PNG
1469 x 791 - 282K

Comments

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited September 2015

As I learned earlier today, the brows need to have the Eyebrow Piece applied first.  In your content library, it should be found with the other BJD shapes under Genesis/Characters/SickleFuse/BallJointDoll.  Once the Eyebrow Piece is applied, select it and then use the eyebrow material on it, not on your Genesis figure.

The skin materials do require V5 UVs, but the shapes can be applied to any Genesis figure.

Post edited by daveleitz on
  • So basically if I want the skin material to work, I have to buy Victoria 5? That's dissapointing since that wasn't listed in the sales page. I know I can ask for my money back, but it still kind of darkens my day. Oh well. 

• I'll try to return my gen morphs for the victoria 5 morphs... the price isn't a huge difference. Thanks for your help!