Garibaldi Hair invisible during Render

I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me out with this. I've been wanting to get Garibaldi for AGES and finally was able to. Been watching tutorial after tutorial to learn how to use it. I got excited, made some hair that looked AWESOME on my first try, and couldn't wait to render it. In all of the tutorials I saw, up until the render, the hair was just stringy and neon. But when they were rendered, the hair showed up correctly. My attempt, however? Everything ELSE in the scene is rendered correctly...but he looks like he has neon, glow in the dark fishing string sticking randomly out of his head...and I cannot figure out what is going on. 

I included a picture of what the hair looks like while IN Garibaldi and what it looks like after rendering. Pleeeease, someone help! This is putting a huge downer on my excitement over this program. 

Thank you!

garafuckedup.JPG
529 x 772 - 70K
garafuckedup2.JPG
541 x 677 - 44K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you rendering in Iray or 3delight?

• Are you rendering in Iray or 3delight?

I am rendering in Iray. It does the same in 3Delight, though. Except it is completely invisible there, no strings. 

• Can ANYONE help with this??

• GoneGone Posts: 833

First off, neither Garibaldi or LAMH will render in iRay. Period. You would need to export the hair as an object and then import the object hair to render.

As for 3Delight, when you say no strings, I assume you mean there are no green (blue if unselected) guide hairs showing in the preview window. If that is the case, then you have done something wrong as there has not been any hair created for the model.

More info on what you have done will be needed before we can figue this out.