How to Converting Genesis 1 and 2 Content for use with Generation 4?

IamcaobinIamcaobin Posts: 98
edited September 2015 in The Commons

I would like to know how to convert Genesis 1 and 2 content (Textures, Clothing, Armor, Hair, Morphs, Poses) for use with Generation 4? (Actually I'm looking for the Reverse Direction for convert the content..)

Post edited by Iamcaobin on

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

For clothing the obvious thing to do would be to create a Genesis 1 and 2 clone for the V4 model. I did try to do this with a generation 3 model, but failed to get it working. I had to convert the generation 3 model to tri-ax weight mapping first, and creating a genesis clone for it was possible, but auto-fit did not work. Maybe autofit only works with Genesis, anyone know?

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
    edited September 2015

Cloth:

1) Clone (I believe it do)

2) XDresser 4 + Victoria 4 license converts from genesis 1 to V4. You need save the genesis cloth to cr2 previously. For genesis 2, you need convert to genesis 2 cloth to genesis 1, then to V4. There is a product clone of G2 for G1, that  is you need to convert from G2 to G1.

Hair: Parent

Textures: Nope, but is not impossible. Probably something like the blender method for G2F to G3F.

Poses: Pose Master in Rendo

Morph: ????

It's supposed that a genesis clone for dawn can be created, also a clone for two animals too. Tutorial for millennium horse and DAZ horse 2 is in this forum.

Post edited by almahiedra on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,126

I converted some character for M4 and V4 into G2M/F ..... but not often....

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited September 2015

I'm not certain, but I think that Gen X2 is capable of converting a morph in both directions. You had best hunt out the product thread and ask there to be sure though.

Went and looked. Thread is here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24079/genx2-and-genesis-2-addon-released-upgrade-ends-soon-commercial#latest

Post edited by JOdel on
    JUJU said:

I think the OP is looking for the reverse direction

JOdel said:

I'm not certain, but I think that Gen X2 is capable of converting a morph in both directions. You had best hunt out the product thread and ask there to be sure though.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24079/genx2-and-genesis-2-addon-released-upgrade-ends-soon-commercial#latest

I am 99% certain gen X only transfers morphs to Genesis, ie to Genesis 1 or 2. Though it can be used to transfer Genesis 2 to Genesis 1. There was an older version that allowed you to transfer morphs from generation 3 to 4, but that is no longer for sale at DAZ.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

I don't recall there ever being a GenX to transfer moirphs from 3rd generation to 4th generation.

Autofit clones can only transfer to weight-mapped figures, to convert to 4th generation figures you would need to use CrossDresser or the like.

You are almost certainly correct Mike, I am getting it mixed up with the now defunct Gen 4 product once sold sold at Rendo which was for moving Gen 4 stuff to Genesis.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    Havos said:

You are almost certainly correct Mike, I am getting it mixed up with the now defunct Gen 4 product once sold sold at Rendo which was for moving Gen 4 stuff to Genesis.

The product you are refering to is GenX aka Genesis Generation X.  It was originally sold at Rendo as Genesis X.  D3D renamed it when he moved it from Rendo to DAZ.  The product is now in it's second iteration: Genesis Generation X2.  You can transfer morphs from legacy Poser figures to various version of Genesis (Genesis and the G2 line).  To transfer morphs from V4 and M4 you need the V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis.  To tranfer from Gen 3 to Geneis, you need the Gen 3 legacy shapes.  To move from Genesis to Genesis 2, you need the Genesis 2 plugin for GenX2.  To date, there is no K4 shape for Genesis or Genesis 2. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

Actually the original version at Rendo was called Genesis Generation 4 (or possibly Generation 4 Genesis).

icprncss said:
    Havos said:

The product you are refering to is GenX aka Genesis Generation X.  It was originally sold at Rendo as Genesis X.  D3D renamed it when he moved it from Rendo to DAZ.  The product is now in it's second iteration: Genesis Generation X2.  You can transfer morphs from legacy Poser figures to various version of Genesis (Genesis and the G2 line).  To transfer morphs from V4 and M4 you need the V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis.  To tranfer from Gen 3 to Geneis, you need the Gen 3 legacy shapes.  To move from Genesis to Genesis 2, you need the Genesis 2 plugin for GenX2.  To date, there is no K4 shape for Genesis or Genesis 2. 

There is no K4 legacy shape, but there is a clone in the Genesis hidden part. Also, with Gen X, when you transfer over any K4 morph, it automatically creates a K4 head and full body morph in the Generation X morph area, so getting a K4 shape on either Genesis 1 or 2 is pretty easy.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

You have to scale down the result since it came in at full size (for Genesis), but the shape was correct.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    Havos said:

For clothing the obvious thing to do would be to create a Genesis 1 and 2 clone for the V4 model. I did try to do this with a generation 3 model, but failed to get it working. I had to convert the generation 3 model to tri-ax weight mapping first, and creating a genesis clone for it was possible, but auto-fit did not work. Maybe autofit only works with Genesis, anyone know?

Autofit only works for weightmapped figures, but is not limited to the Genesis line: DS version of Dawn or Star an use it too, for example.

In theory (I never tried) if you convert a Gen3 or Gen4 figure to TriAx weightmapping, save it as a new DS figure (not just in a scene), and create clones for it then autofit should work. You won't have any projection templates though so the results will most probably not be good for things like long skirts or dresses, and clothes made for the original figure won't work as is as the rigging has changed.

Leana said:
    Havos said:

Autofit only works for weightmapped figures, but is not limited to the Genesis line: DS version of Dawn or Star an use it too, for example.

In theory (I never tried) if you convert a Gen3 or Gen4 figure to TriAx weightmapping, save it as a new DS figure (not just in a scene), and create clones for it then autofit should work. You won't have any projection templates though so the results will most probably not be good for things like long skirts or dresses, and clothes made for the original figure won't work as is as the rigging has changed.

I had done as you mentioned with a Gen 3 figure, ie converted it to TriAx. I successfully imported a Genesis shaped morph, and changed it into a clone. However when I dragged a Genesis clothing item onto the figure autofit did not kick in and ask which clone figure I wanted to use. That is why I wondered if auto-fit was for Genesis only, though if it works with Dawn and Star this can not be true. There is obviously something I did wrong.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited September 2015

OK - How about using Michael 4 clothing on Genesis 2 Female?  Or Victoria 4 clothing on Genesis 2 Male? 

I have the utility which allows clothing interchange between G2F adn G2M.

Never mind... I'm transferring this question to this thread: 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41223/converting-to-g1-g2-and-g3-wip/p2

Post edited by dracorn on
    dracorn said:

OK - How about using Michael 4 clothing on Genesis 2 Female?  Or Victoria 4 clothing on Genesis 2 Male? 

For V4 clothes on G2M  the easiest way would be to convert them first from V4 to G2F, save the converted clothes to the library, then use autofit again to convert those from G2F to G2M.

Same for M4 clothes to G2F, convert them to G2M first then from G2M to G2F.

Since both figures are based on the same mesh you could also try "copying" the V4 clone from G2F to G2M, and the M4 clone from G2M to G2F.

You can use Gen X or the transfer utility to create an M4 morph for G2F or a V4 morph for G2M, and then convert these to a clone. That way you can autofit directly from M4->G2F and V4->G2M.

• Havos said:

Would you please leave a link to show me how to do clone? Because I'm the very beginner of DS.. 

• GiGi_7 said:

Cloth:

1) Clone (I believe it do)

2) XDresser 4 + Victoria 4 license converts from genesis 1 to V4. You need save the genesis cloth to cr2 previously. For genesis 2, you need convert to genesis 2 cloth to genesis 1, then to V4. There is a product clone of G2 for G1, that  is you need to convert from G2 to G1.

Hair: Parent

Textures: Nope, but is not impossible. Probably something like the blender method for G2F to G3F.

Poses: Pose Master in Rendo

Morph: ????

It's supposed that a genesis clone for dawn can be created, also a clone for two animals too. Tutorial for millennium horse and DAZ horse 2 is in this forum.

Would you please show me how to do clone if possible..?

What is the XDresser 4?

Why I can't find XDresser 4 in the Products List of DAZ?

• JOdel said:

So.. GenX2 plugin is able to converting Genesis 1 and 2 morphs for use with Generation 4?

• Havos said:
    JUJU said:

I think the OP is looking for the reverse direction

Yes, of course!!

• Havos said:
    JOdel said:

I am 99% certain gen X only transfers morphs to Genesis, ie to Genesis 1 or 2. Though it can be used to transfer Genesis 2 to Genesis 1. There was an older version that allowed you to transfer morphs from generation 3 to 4, but that is no longer for sale at DAZ.

Anyway it's not able for the Reverse Direction for convert the content.. right?

• I don't recall there ever being a GenX to transfer moirphs from 3rd generation to 4th generation.

Autofit clones can only transfer to weight-mapped figures, to convert to 4th generation figures you would need to use CrossDresser or the like.

So.. is GenX2 able to Reverse Direction for convert the content..?

• dracorn said:

I have the utility which allows clothing interchange between G2F adn G2M.

Never mind... I'm transferring this question to this thread: 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41223/converting-to-g1-g2-and-g3-wip/p2

This is great thread, Thanks!

Is it able to Reverse Direction for convert the content..?

• Leana said:
    dracorn said:

For V4 clothes on G2M  the easiest way would be to convert them first from V4 to G2F, save the converted clothes to the library, then use autofit again to convert those from G2F to G2M.

Same for M4 clothes to G2F, convert them to G2M first then from G2M to G2F.

Since both figures are based on the same mesh you could also try "copying" the V4 clone from G2F to G2M, and the M4 clone from G2M to G2F.

How to put Genesis 1 or Genesis 2 clothes on Generation 4 without?

GiGi_7 said:

Iamcaobin said:

What is the XDresser 4?

Why I can't find XDresser 4 in the Products List of DAZ?

XDresser or Crossdresser is an utility by Evilinnocence which converts clothes between figures. It's not sold at DAZ,you'll find it on evilinnocence's site: http://www.evilinnocence.com/crossdresser

You have a base program which is free, and you buy licences for the figures you want to convert to.

Xdresser is able to convert Genesis 1 clothes to other figures, but does not support Genesis 2. If you have the clones to convert from G2 to G1 you could autofit fromG2 to G1, save the converted G1 clothes,then use Xdresser to convert fromG1 to V4 or M4.

Iamcaobin, I suspect your best choice would be to go with XDresser, or a similar app. Creating a clone is not a trivial operation, particularly for someone new to Daz Studio, and creating a clone for V4 is further complicated by the need to convert the figure to TriAx weight mapping first. However, I do wonder why you do not want to use the Genesis figures, in particular for a new user, as they are superior to the generation 4 characters in many ways, as well as being capable of reusing all your old V4/M4 content.