What happened to the auto-fit tool?

I purchased the DAZ Studio 4 Auto-Fit Tool a couple of years ago. Have since upgraded DS, meaning I have to re-install the auto-fit tool - but I can no longer downloiad it from my product library. Where did it go?

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

What did it do?  Is it possibly built into Studio now?  I don't own it, but can still use autofit.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

At the start it was a paid for addon for DS4.0, as was a lot of them, even pro cost money, but when pro was given away free almost all of those became built in and free with pro.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

Autofit has been included in the last few versions of DS. You do not need to download/install anything.

Ciao

TD

• AutoFit is in the base installer, and should be activated by your Pro serial number without needing its own.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,916

It was either Auto-fit or LIE that was one of the first things I had to return because I bought it then discovered it was included (I'm ... not sure why it was still in the store). Thankfully, Daz' return policy is super. ;)

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,334

I assume it is still in the store for the benefit of those people still using DS4.0. Not everyone upgrades immediately, and I believe a fair few are still on DS3, and I know of one poster that has stated they only use DS2.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694

Autofit has always been included in the Pro version of DS4.  It was not included in the free Standard version or the Advanced version.  It was a separate purchase.  When DAZ decided to give DS away for free, the did away with the standard and advanced versions.  There is only the Pro version of DS.  The only difference between the for pay Pro version and free Pro version is Decimator.  Decimator is included in the for pay Pro version.  Those who have the free version of Pro have to purchase a license for Decimator.  If you are using the free Pro version, you do not need to type in your autofit serial.  Simply install DS4.8 Pro and type in the serial provided.  The autofit plug in will be activated along with the other plug in's that are bundled with the Pro version.