[Solved]problem EJ Atsuko for Genesis 3 Female(s)

nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
edited September 2015 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/ej-atsuko-for-genesis-3-female-s

Problem with  Emma and Jordi character when applying beautiful skin (without image maps); actually due to restrictions on what can be posted, I'd just return the product if I could; it is seriously annoying having to work round this when an issue arrises. Do bother asking me, hopefully others get the problems and also report it.

It affects areas including those special areas that 3D modles don't have.

Post edited by nicstt on

Comments

• There is now a thread for this product, so you might ask for help there. You could also open a support ticket - if it's an issue with the product you may well be given a refund, though I of course can't promise that.

• We will be more than happy to help you! :) What is the problem?

• You are applying the base settings before using any of the additional options?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited September 2015

We will be more than happy to help you! :) What is the problem?

yeh I know; you are always helpful, one of the reasons I buy a lot of your products.

Wasn;t aware and haven't seen the product features.

The genital and breast areas are the same colour as shown here; all I do is apply the Atsuko skin to the default G3F figure; I then apply the beautiful skin  (Without Image Maps) Complete skin preset, Genesis 3 Base ST; it is what I have done many times previously, and I get what is shown on the right.

To clarify, Torso and face are affected, but legs and arms are not.

Atsuko 3.jpg
    1273 x 547 - 55K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • nicstt said:

yeh I know; you are always helpful, one of the reasons I buy a lot of your products.

The genital and breast areas are the same colour as shown here; all I do is apply the Atsuko skin to the default G3F figure; I then apply the beautiful skin  (Without Image Maps) Complete skin preset, Genesis 3 Base ST; it is what I have done many times previously, and I get what is shown on the right.

Do you mean another product of shaders applied to our textures?

Atsuko should be used with her own shaders and textures. We can't guarantee it will work when mixed with other shaders. The reason is that everything is fine tuned to work together, shaders and textures, in our characters.

But if you want to apply some product of shaders over our textures, and for what you show is happenning, do the following. The only reason why torso, ears and head may be confusing Beautiful Skin may be that those parts have a translucency mask. It is there to ensure the brows and the navel and pubic hair look natural. It is not needed and thus not present in arms and legs.
    So you can do this, and we suppose it will work when Beautiful Skin is applied:
    - Go to Surfaces tab (Editor), and in Ears, Face, Lips, and Torso, go to Translucency Weight, and click on the image and select "None". Then apply Beautiful Skin, and probably it will apply as in legs and arms now.

Or if you want to get the ultra pale look on the right, you can go to Translucency Weight in Arms and Legs, and apply an all white image.

Please try and tell if it works :)

• Did this with the supplied shaders...I really like this character.

Atsuko.jpg
    2300 x 1533 - 1M
  • pete.c44 said:

Did this with the supplied shaders...I really like this character.

Oh thank you very much, what a beautiful render! :)

nicstt said:

Atsuko should be used with her own shaders and textures. We can't guarantee it will work when mixed with other shaders. The reason is that everything is fine tuned to work together, shaders and textures, in our characters.

But if you want to apply some product of shaders over our textures, and for what you show is happenning, do the following. The only reason why torso, ears and head may be confusing Beautiful Skin may be that those parts have a translucency mask. It is there to ensure the brows and the navel and pubic hair look natural. It is not needed and thus not present in arms and legs.
    - Go to Surfaces tab (Editor), and in Ears, Face, Lips, and Torso, go to Translucency Weight, and click on the image and select "None". Then apply Beautiful Skin, and probably it will apply as in legs and arms now.

Or if you want to get the ultra pale look on the right, you can go to Translucency Weight in Arms and Legs, and apply an all white image.

Thank you, this works, deselecting the maps in Translucency.

BTW, love the character.

edited September 2015
    nicstt said:
    nicstt said:

Thank you, this works, deselecting the maps in Translucency. It's just a little too pale as is... Looks too dead and scary /nod

BTW, love the character.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • nicstt said:
    nicstt said:

BTW, love the character.

nicstt said:
    nicstt said:

BTW, love the character.

Great! :) Glad you like the character! :)