Geo-graft is separating on "Fit to..."

edited September 2015 in The Commons

Geo-graft is separating on "Fit to..." I have done this on about 15 different occasions and it has always worked fine for me till now. Most of the vertices weld except a few in the same place on each side of the figure. all the geomitry set to hide are hidden. the geo matches up perfectly prior to fitting. Tried several times with no succes.

Thanks.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Is this a GeoGraft item you made?

• edited September 2015

The outer parimiter was exported from daz after using geometry editor to delete all the rest of the polygons. Opened it in blender and added to it, not altering the first ring of polygons. Exported out of blender keeping vertex order. I was thinking of trying reverse deformation (working from memory here) during transfer utility even though I did zero the figure from the start. It may be possible the script that loaded the figure has set a morph in place I'm not aware of. Have to wait until I get home this evening to try. Thanks for the response.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • What you need is a shared ring of vertices, not a ring of polygons. I'm not sure the difference would explain your issue, but ti may cause some problems.

• I'm going to need a little more info. Never herd of "shared ring of vertices". So I did try revers shape but still separated in the same locations (6 vertices each side).

• What he means is that the vertices surrounding the geograft must exactly match the corresponding vertices on the original mesh. Not just in position, but also in vertex order. For that reason, it's usually derived from the base mesh. If they don't match, Daz Studio won't know how to attach the graft or where.

• Well, what I was meaning is that your description says you used a ring of polygons - you don't need them, you just need the inner or outer (according to design) ring of edges.

• Yes. I did that to get a starting point for my obj (geograft). I did find a morph under General > Hidden > PBMblablabla that was set to a value of 100%. I went to the directory where the script pulls the said morph in from and removed it temporarily and reloaded the scene. the script complained about not finding the morph file but did load. redid the geograft and it worked as it should have. So I guess my question is now how should I go about setting up the geograft properly to handle the hidden morph. I already tried reverse shape, current shape for source and default

• Did you use Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure before exporting?

• Yes I did.
  • On reflection, I think zero does ignore hidden properties (in order to avoid breaking the constant value proeprties that are needed for some purposes), but there should not be hidden properties that change the figure with no way to turn them off - what was the property's full name?

• Got it. All I needed to do was set the hidden morphs to 0% and reset them back afterwards and everything worked as it should. Thank you for the help!