Not Enough Bikinis!

Has anyone else noticed that not many bikinis have been released recently? I'm really concerned about what GF3 is going to wear in the millions of beach scenes created by DAZ users. If there's one costume we could do with more of it's bikinis.

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    Superdog said:

Has anyone else noticed that not many bikinis have been released recently? I'm really concerned about what GF3 is going to wear in the millions of beach scenes created by DAZ users. If there's one costume we could do with more of it's bikinis.

Maybe she is a fan of naturism laugh

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,885
    cosmo71 said:
    Superdog said:

You may be right. I've noticed she's always naked when you load her into the scene... cheeky

• Superdog said:

Many a true word said in jest! I'd certainly be pleased to see more bikinis.

Taozen said:
    cosmo71 said:
    Superdog said:

You may be right. I've noticed she's always naked when you load her into the scene... cheeky

right wink

aaand that is why I can`t understand why it is not allowed to post nude images of her in the galleries because of "Family friendliness" when she is nude right from the start smiley I guess there is no one around using DS haven`t seen her naked :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726
    cosmo71 said:

aaand that is why I can`t understand why it is not allowed to post nude images of her in the galleries because of "Family friendliness" when she is nude right from the start smiley I guess there is no one around using DS haven`t seen her naked :)

Don't you know you are supposed to close your eyes when you load her into a scene!!?devil

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I wish they would load in with the same grey DAZ Default shader settings that Genesis Classic loads with.  We need a "Super Swimsuit" along the same idea as the "Super Suit", lots of material zones that can be made visible or not to get lots of styles.

• cosmo71 said:

Don't you know you are supposed to close your eyes when you load her into a scene!!?devil

I think she should load in the dark.  The headlamp and any lighting options should be disabled until the figure has some clothes on.  Therefore anyone attempting to produce a render of an unclothed personage will just get a black image.  And the moment anyone attempts to remove the clothes the lights automatically go off again.  laugh

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the demise of the purple bikini

• jestmart said:

I wish they would load in with the same grey DAZ Default shader settings that Genesis Classic loads with.  We need a "Super Swimsuit" along the same idea as the "Super Suit", lots of material zones that can be made visible or not to get lots of styles.

You could always apply the default shader with no maps to her and save a new Character preset to use instead of the DAZ one.

• MistyMist said:

the demise of the purple bikini

The purple rash from V4 still scares me.

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    edited September 2015
    cosmo71 said:

My personal favorite is when the male genital materials previews IN MY LIBRARY are censored... really the thumbnail???.

Post edited by cdemerit on
  • cdemerit said:
    cosmo71 said:

My personal favorite is when the male genital materials previews IN MY LIBRARY are censored... really the thumbnail???.

makes sense to me though. you see those icons even when you dont need to use them. so for tutorial/training/streaming purposes its nice to have it hidden.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    cosmo71 said:

As a 3D model, it is a product, not a she; so nude or not is irrelevant; I can understand, even though I don't agree with the policy on nudity with the images; those cease to be products and are representations, although they may still be products.

• nicstt said:
    cosmo71 said:

As a 3D model, it is a product, not a she; so nude or not is irrelevant; I can understand, even though I don't agree with the policy on nudity with the images; those cease to be products and are representations, although they may still be products.

While not critizing you, as you are likely correct, that is some fine hair spitting in my opinion...

cdemerit said:
    nicstt said:
    cosmo71 said:

While not critizing you, as you are likely correct, that is some fine hair spitting in my opinion...

Hair splitting? Please explain what you mean.

The 3D model is a product; it looks like a representation of a female model, but in no way comes close to being believable; few would mistake it for real. Once rendered, however, mistakes would be easy under certain circumstances, which is why I said they are representations; depending on the render, and style sought by the artist, is where it still may be a product. For instance, a book cover would fall into both catagories to varying degrees.

In the spirit, if not the letter of the OP's title:

The new Atsuko skin on default female; dialled in the face morph with some other slight adjustment; seeing as the model is possibly Japanese, I put the freeby swimsuit from the freebie forums; the pose is a teen josie 7. I used the excellent OOT hair with a preset pose. Oh and the skin was adjusted slightly with the beautiful skin addon, making it appear lighter.

Atsuko.jpg
    1000 x 1800 - 117K
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,127
    nicstt said:
    cdemerit said:
    nicstt said:
    cosmo71 said:

The 3D model is a product; it looks like a representation of a female model, but in no way comes close to being believable; few would mistake it for real. Once rendered, however, mistakes would be easy under certain circumstances, which is why I said they are representations; depending on the render, and style sought by the artist, is where it still may be a product. For instance, a book cover would fall into both catagories to varying degrees.

I beg to differ, I've seen renders that are indistinguishable from real. There are a few artists that can do some truly amazing things.

https://www.cgtrader.com/blog/digital-artists-create-32-incredibly-realistic-male-3d-models

http://www.wired.com/2013/03/luxion-keyshot/

This one is for video games

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/53617-activisions-realistic-3d-face-rendering-technology-video/

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

well in earnest the point of the pieces is to mimic life, so it's only logical people would see them as believable representation of people. Whether that means they replace life is a different story, I don't think that is the point though.

so yeah, people are still scared of boobs.(even digital) It's not just a daz thing.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    icecrmn said:
    nicstt said:
    cdemerit said:
    nicstt said:
    cosmo71 said:

I beg to differ, I've seen renders that are indistinguishable from real. There are a few artists that can do some truly amazing things.

https://www.cgtrader.com/blog/digital-artists-create-32-incredibly-realistic-male-3d-models

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/53617-activisions-realistic-3d-face-rendering-technology-video/

Maybe I didn't explain myself sufficiently; the product when loaded into Daz, looks like a representation of the female figure; it doesn't look real, and would fool relatively few people. I've not said the renders can't look real, and have seen ones that do.

And wow, that baby is amazing - not quite there, but close enough to fool folks if they weren't being sufficiently objective; the eyes on the baby are slightly off, and the liquid on the chin.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015
    nicstt said:
    icecrmn said:
    nicstt said:
    cdemerit said:
    nicstt said:
    cosmo71 said:

Maybe I didn't explain myself sufficiently; the product when loaded into Daz, looks like a representation of the female figure; it doesn't look real, and would fool relatively few people.

Though it's doesn't have to be real to bother people is the thing. I could draw a stick figure and people would find it offensive, even if it was crudely done and not convincing.  So the whole reality thing isn't relevant.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    nicstt said:
    icecrmn said:
    nicstt said:
    cdemerit said:
    nicstt said:
    cosmo71 said:

Maybe I didn't explain myself sufficiently; the product when loaded into Daz, looks like a representation of the female figure; it doesn't look real, and would fool relatively few people.

Though it's doesn't have to be real to bother people is the thing. I could draw a stick figure and people would find it offensive, even if it was crudely done and not convincing.  So the whole reality thing isn't relevant.

Sadly, this is true.