Reality 4.1 lighting problem

Hello ^^

I'm a new reality user and i'm trying to catch the grips, so the thing is i'm getting a weird thing with lights... 

Anyone has a clue how to fix this? 

Thanks. 

reality_scene.jpg
1900 x 1520 - 2M

Comments

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854

You need to used SubD to get more geometry on the figure.

• TrixterMatrixTrixterMatrix Posts: 40
    edited September 2015
    nDelphi said:

You need to used SubD to get more geometry on the figure.

Thanks for replaying :)

I tried what you said and the weird lines did got softer abit, but the lighting is still very weird, it still looks the same as what you see in the pic above, does the lights that worked with iray will work with reality ? 

Post edited by TrixterMatrix on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

Trixter, are you using distant or spot lights? I had strange shading results when I used distant lights, but looked much better after I used spot lights.

As per the documentation, distant lights are not suitable and from personal experience (last night) got some extremely weird renders from using them.

• mtl1 said:

Trixter, are you using distant or spot lights? I had strange shading results when I used distant lights, but looked much better after I used spot lights.

As per the documentation, distant lights are not suitable and from personal experience (last night) got some extremely weird renders from using them.

I was actually using spot lights (it was a lighting set from OOT's Dramatic Iray Lights pack if it helps) 

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited September 2015

I was actually using spot lights (it was a lighting set from OOT's Dramatic Iray Lights pack if it helps) 

Try a mesh light, they are best for portraits, the package you mentioned is for iRay. Read the Reality manual it has sections on lights, especially the Light Control section, it should be in the Reality folder.

When you get acquainted with how Lights work, you should also try SmartIBL lights, mostly for outdoor scenes:

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • nDelphi said:

Try a mesh light, they are best for portraits, the package you mentioned is for iRay. Read the Reality manual it has sections on lights, especially the Light Control section, it should be in the Reality folder.

When you get acquainted with how Lights work, you should also try SmartIBL lights, mostly for outdoor scenes:

Thanks! 

It helped me alot :)