Moroccan Lamp Bundle glitches

A quick heads-up to anyone else who bought the Moroccan Lamp Bundle in the sale yesterday. The scene files in .daz format worked OK up to D|S3 (I've tried them), but in D|S4.8 they don't work quite right and load exploded — there are .obj files included, so the lamps can be recreated with a bit of work, but it's now more of a construction kit than a bundle.

Also, there's a candle tray and candle included in the .obj files that aren't mentioned on the store page, and don't have textures.

Still a very nice set of lamps, but be aware they do need a bit of work. I think I might be able to set them up to glow properly in Iray.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

Would you mind bug-reporting this?

• OK, done.

One other possible complication, the meshes are all all-one-material. That's going to make it... interesting setting up Iray MATs.

• Also the polygons cross over the glass and metal surfaces.Not sure who to even divide the surfaces.

• <nod> That's the complication. Normally I'd apply glass material to the glass, oxidised metal to the frame, and be done in minutes. This isn't going to be as easy as I originally thought, but it should be doable.