Buying Gift Card

AtiAti Posts: 9,129

Hi,

I wanted to buy some items, and take advantage of the 7% off gift card promo. I wanted to pay for the items with store credit, and the card with paypal. But it seems I cannot use store credit at all this way, not even for the items.

Is this how it is supposed to work, or do I need to refresh a few hundred times, and it might work this way? :)

Thanks,

Ati2

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

UGH   yes the problem here is that you can't buy a GC with store credit   and the cart is only allowing you to use one payment method.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,129
    Chohole said:

UGH   yes the problem here is that you can't buy a GC with store credit   and the cart is only allowing you to use one payment method.

The reason I'm asking is because I know if I don't have enough store credit for a purchase, I can pay part of the purchase with store credit, and the other part with paypal. So I'm using both store credit and paypal on the same order. I was hoping for something like this with items+giftcard as well. Pay with store credit for items, and paypal for the giftcard. But it does not offer the possibility to use store credit.

So this is not possible?

Tha math still works out in favor of the purchase if I have to pay everything with paypal, it just won't be as good as with the mixed payment.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The problem is the gift card.  THey had to disable the use of store credit for buying gift cards because some clever clogs discovered that it was possible to buy a discounted gift card, then use that gift card to buy another discounted gift card and then used that giftcard to buy another..... are you getting the picture?   So if an order has a GC in with it, then Store credit is not an option.  

• AtiAti Posts: 9,129
    Chohole said:

The problem is the gift card.  THey had to disable the use of store credit for buying gift cards because some clever clogs discovered that it was possible to buy a discounted gift card, then use that gift card to buy another discounted gift card and then used that giftcard to buy another..... are you getting the picture?   So if an order has a GC in with it, then Store credit is not an option.  

I see. Thank you. Time for plan B then. :)