Creature Creator HD for G3 F Neeeeeeeed !

boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458
edited September 2015 in The Commons

I soooooo much want a creature creator HD like product for G3 F, wich goes far far far with superbs Iray skins/shaders, morphs with all advantages of G3F.

With the opportunity of iray, I think that it is time to make a gap in quality for monsters, with superbly detailed skins/bump maps/shaders, monsters wich can instantly gives you the creeps or make the WOW effect!

My all time fav monsters are still.....genesis 1 with my N#1 fav char of all daz character: Undead Fiend http://www.daz3d.com/undead-fiend

I want, I need.

You?

When?

Post edited by boisselazon on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

You can use the Undead Fiend or any other monster in Iray already, no need for a new model IMO

• Yes I can...and I did ;-)

But the potential of iray is under expoited; same goes to the potential of G3. 

Because they where G1, it was years ago. The power of actual computers (including GPU), their capacity (RAM/GPU memory etc...), the possibilities of new render engines (Iray of course but also reality for example), etc , make possible the next level of quality/render.

When you see an new hair pack like  Christina Hair (superb...but 500MB of stuff!!!), or the new G3 (HD) chars, we can expect the same for monsters ;-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

Guess I misunderstood, but Iray is just a render engine (I render in lux also). I use all figures and while I like GF3 and how she bends, she isn't any better overall than GF2 IMO. textures play more of a part than anything else with regards to detail and such and you can tweak surfaces and textures yourself to increase detail. I have Christina hair and while it is nice, it isn't anything more special than some other hairs i have for older figures. I still use Wildhair quite a bit which was very detailed mesh wise for it's time and it is over 5 years old.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

Frankly hardware hasn't changed much since Genesis came out... In fact the newer figures we use now are LESS system intensive than Vicky4 was. Has nothing to do with hardware. And Iray is not new either, just new to Daz Studio. Reality and Lux aren't new either...

You can do whatever you like with Iray, but if you are dependant on presets sold on the store then that is artifically limiting the potential. You could take that fiend and render them in any render solution you want and make it look amazing. I still use Genesis 1 for all my monsters, they can look fantastic.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Frankly hardware hasn't changed much since Genesis came out... In fact the newer figures we use now are LESS system intensive than Vicky4 was. Has nothing to do with hardware. And Iray is not new either, just new to Daz Studio. Reality and Lux aren't new either...

You can do whatever you like with Iray, but if you are dependant on presets sold on the store then that is artifically limiting the potential. You could take that fiend and render them in any render solution you want and make it look amazing. I still use Genesis 1 for all my monsters, they can look fantastic.

I agree with you 100%. It is all about the artist and learning the skills. Further, I still have computers from Genesis one that are blazingly fast. They had hex core processors then and excellent video cards.

• I could certainly uses some more alien/monster skins. But something a bit more intriguing than scales all over or flat-looking fur.