Can I subtract a model with the other model in Daz Studio and Cararra?

Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
edited September 2015 in New Users

Can I subtract a model with the other model in Daz Studio and Carrara?

If possible, how to do that?

Post edited by Leo Chen on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Not in Studio as it is not a modeling program.  Don't know if Carrara modeling tools include booleans, may want to ask in the Carrara forum.

• Thank you, jestmart.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Did you have a specific goal in mind?

Although DAZ Studio doesn't have negative booleans the way Bryce does, it is possible to hide one or more polygons.  So, if your goal was for example to hide a portion of a model, you MIGHT be able to do it, with some work, although you'll have to find another object to plug the rough edges of the hole since objects are hollow and no interior surface is created the way it would have been with a negative boolean. 

Similarly, if your goal was to create a hole through an object, possibly you could do it under limited circumstances (once again needing to line the edges of the hole.)  A single square polygon could be easily removed and four cube primitives perhapse used to create the lining of the hole, for example.

Probably none of this helps, but in limited circumstances it might.

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited September 2015
    sriesch said:

Although DAZ Studio doesn't have negative booleans the way Bryce does, it is possible to hide one or more polygons.  So, if your goal was for example to hide a portion of a model, you MIGHT be able to do it, with some work, although you'll have to find another object to plug the rough edges of the hole since objects are hollow and no interior surface is created the way it would have been with a negative boolean. 

Similarly, if your goal was to create a hole through an object, possibly you could do it under limited circumstances (once again needing to line the edges of the hole.)  A single square polygon could be easily removed and four cube primitives perhapse used to create the lining of the hole, for example.

Thank you, sriesch.

I am just exploring the DAZ Studio.
    I can not find the "subtract" that I am wondering if DS has that function.

• Carrara has booleans if that is what you are after, that is using one mesh to remove part of another

its messy.

not sure that is what is meant, did you mean subtract as in take away or sub track as in animate?

it is a bit vague, I realise English is not your first language.

• Leo Chen said:
    sriesch said:

Thank you, sriesch.

I can not find the "substract" that I am wondering if DS has that function.

Thee is no subtract function inside DAZ Studio.   Subtract is generally used to create 'Booleans' is that what you are trying to do?   That functin will only be found in modelling packages

• Carrara has booleans if that is what you are after, that is using one mesh to remove part of another

its messy.

not sure that is what is meant, did you mean subtract as in take away or sub track as in animate?

it is a bit vague, I realise English is not your first language.

Thank you, JaguarElla.

Yes, my English is bad.

Snip20150924_6.png
    673 x 723 - 206K
    Snip20150924_7.png
    680 x 940 - 258K
  • Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited September 2015
    Leo Chen said:
    sriesch said:

Thank you, sriesch.

I can not find the "subtract" that I am wondering if DS has that function.

Thee is no subtract function inside DAZ Studio.   Subtract is generally used to create 'Booleans' is that what you are trying to do?   That functin will only be found in modelling packages

Yes.

Thank you, JimmyC_2009.