How to apply head morphs correctly?

When using a product like this https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/159966/instyle-girls-head-and-body-morphs-for-g8f-and-g81f-vol-8 where body and head morphs are provided, not the actual model, am I to apply these morphs on base G8 model or can I take an already customized model(Eg:Zelara) and apply this? When i tried the second option the figure's face or body does not look anything like the one in the promo pics. Should I zero the shape of model before applying these morphs?

Thanks.

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,369

I would apply them to a base model if I want it to look like the promo pics or apply it to someone like Zerlara if I want it to add to the character's morph.  One thing that no one mentions is that promos use very specific folcal lengths which greatly affect how the character looks. here is an example of the difference that focal length makes: 

and

• Morphs stack, so you can certainly mix-and-match (generally you don't want the ttoal effect of all the full body or face morphs applied to exceed 100% or so - too many big changes stacked can look weird).

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,073

Richard Haseltine said:

Morphs stack, so you can certainly mix-and-match (generally you don't want the ttoal effect of all the full body or face morphs applied to exceed 100% or so - too many big changes stacked can look weird).

I like to push it to 150% because it gives me unique looking characters.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,353

just eyeball it

• Mix 'n match with dialable morphs. Have fun.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,717

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Mix 'n match with dialable morphs. Have fun.

Exactly. I am amazed at how many posts I see where users seem to never really want to touch a dial, slider or any part of DS to experiment. Most of what I know about DS I learned from just doing