What's up with the pricing?

I bought the V7 pro bundle today and paid 34.49 after discount...it was marked at a certain % upper 60s or something due to being PC and when it was in my cart with a pair of shoes, the bundle price dropped down to $34.49...now I see the same bundle is marked down even lower to 32.39 just on it's own. Store front price, I am logged in as a PC member but I was also logged in few hours ago as well and paid a higher price. Calc says I got a 74.5% discount and it's now offering a 76%...of course asking for any kind of refund you get the reply of, we'll get back to you on that....

If this is part of the sale why isn't is advertised that prices are due to change at any given moment through the day... 

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

They will get back to you.  I had no problem getting a refund when something rang up wrong the other day. Might take them a bit but it was less than 24 hours

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,225

But do put in a ticket, so they see your details.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited October 2015

So let me get this straight you get 74.5 % off and you are not happy wow you're hard to please Lol. Go for 80% I saydevil

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • gwp15gwp15 Posts: 55
    edited October 2015

These sudden price changes also go in the other direction.  I was seriously considering the V7 Pro Bundle this morning (European time) at the 76% off price of $32.39 as an incentive to once again try working with Daz Studio (I am a longtime Poser user and have not enjoyed Daz Studio the few times that I tried it with G2F/V6).  Then when I returned to my computer a few hours later, the price had jumped to $80.97, so that made my decision easy and I immediately removed the bundle from my cart.  I was also toying with the idea of getting the Ninive 6 bundle at that same price, but it also jumped from a 76% discount to a 40% discount.  Thank you Daz for saving me around $65 and the agony of once again trying to learn Daz Studio and unlearn all my Poser techniques.  

But more seriously, what has always bugged me about the Daz site is that there is no information about how long a particular sale or offer lasts.  On other sites like Renderosity and RuntimeDNA the ending day and hour are clearly stated and you can calculate when you need to make the purchase.  Here the prices vary from one day to the next and even one hour to the next.  Shopping here is not easy; they seem to want you to make impulse buys the minute you see something at a good price, because you never know how long that price will last.

One other gripe: why is there no bundle version with primary characters like V7 that includes the basic morphs (head, body and expressions) that are needed to make the item work properly.  That is another factor that was making me hesitate to buy the V7 Pro Bundle even at such a large discount, because I would have had to buy a number of other products at a much smaller discount.

Post edited by gwp15 on
  • gwp15 said:

One other gripe: why is there no bundle version with primary characters like V7 that includes the basic morphs (head, body and expressions) that are needed to make the item work properly.  That is another factor that was making me hesitate to buy the V7 Pro Bundle even at such a large discount, because I would have had to buy a number of other products at a much smaller discount.

I think that's their business model- cheap base, then make money off the accessories. The difference is that the "accessories also come on sale if you're patient enough." 

I had teen josie and V7 in my cart last night, and then realised that I would have to start buying all the morphs and elite skins and whatever and decided I would stick to v6 after all. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879
    edited October 2015

edit: never mind, answered in another thread...

Post edited by Taoz on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

All of this is based on my personal experience and should not be treated like "law". Most sales end at midnight Daz time. That is 2 am EST for me. If your 5 hours ahead of Daz then you would want to finalize all purchases you want to make by a bit before 5 am your time. Don't wait till 3 minutes till to check out because there may be delays with the site or the Internet. Fastgrab, flash sales and so on are excluded from that model and can end at any time. If its a flash sale product etc then you should buy then and not wait around with the expectation it will still be there. During some sales new products can have a higher discount than the intro 30% and that tends to last between 1 and 3 days depending on the sale. On average the base intro discount is between 10 and 14 days but I have seen that varied depending on what a PA has asked for. If a sale has a higher intro for the first couple of days that is normally clearly stated. But even without looking I know that a 40% or more discount is likely to be a limited time and don't fiddle faddle around if I know I want the product. That often just leads to missing out on an additional percentage off.

You also want to wait about 15-30 minutes to try and shop after Daz midnight because it can take a while for the store to propegate and the information to be there for you depending on where you are in the world. I know my friends in California almost always can see the new products before I can for example.

"why is there no bundle version with primary characters like V7 that includes the basic morphs (head, body and expressions) that are needed to make the item work properly. "

I want to clarify that you do not need the additional morphs to make the new characters work properly. That sort of thing was true with v4 products but the vast majority of characters released now have unique morphs that the PA has created with something lik Zbrush and they don't use those additional morphs. I have them but I don't think I have used them more than a time or two myself. I tend to be much more satisfied with the morphs we get now than in days gone by. If you want to dial up your own characters you still need them of course. Teen Josie is a good example of a figure that has its own morph and that is not dependent on the additional morphs to use it.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Rule of thumb for me; if I miss it, no worries it will return and may be cheaper still.:)