Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.21!

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,186
    nicstt said:
    Simple things, if I want to delete a folder I have to select one and delete, then hit the confirm button. This is far too much work.

I should be able to select multiple folders, then delete them; and I should be able to disable the auto confirm; I'm an adult, let me take some responsibility, and disable some of the damn hand-holding.

You are surely not a super human any more than the rest of us.  You'd rather go through the pain of reinstalling maybe hundreds of files because you didn't get a confirmation dialog?  It has nothing to do with being an adult.  It has to do with being a human...we make mistakes.  The confirmation dialog gives us the chance to look at it and think, "Oh, crap, that's not what I wanted to delete!  No!"  Without it, all you're left with is "Oh, crap!"

Dana

• AmaltheaAmalthea Posts: 224
    frank0314 said:

It's there for protection. If you happen to select the wrong thing and hit delete its gone. With the option you can cancel and don't have to worry about digging through hundreds of packs to find the one you deleted on accident.

I'm dealing with a database at work that doesn't ask for confimation. Luckily it has an un-delete option but it's easy to be heavy fingered and skip that. Having a confirmation button is the safest way.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited November 2015
    L'Adair said:
    nicstt said:
    Simple things, if I want to delete a folder I have to select one and delete, then hit the confirm button. This is far too much work.

I should be able to select multiple folders, then delete them; and I should be able to disable the auto confirm; I'm an adult, let me take some responsibility, and disable some of the damn hand-holding.

Just those two adjustments would make a huge different.

Perhaps a setting to disable the auto-confirm? I, for one, find it annoying, yet it's saved my bacon on more than one occasion, so I try not to let it annoy me.

Yeh it can, but I balance the work of fixing my mistake versus the continued work of not having that option - option: meaning I can chose to use it or not. My responsibility either way. I Linux's ethos - they treat their uses like adults; Windows, well they think we're all idiots who need to be led around by both hands.

Oh and whilst we're at it; can we have some short cut keys - vastly superior to the mouse (imo). Much quicker too, especially when combining them.

DanaTA said:
    nicstt said:

You are surely not a super human any more than the rest of us.  You'd rather go through the pain of reinstalling maybe hundreds of files because you didn't get a confirmation dialog?  It has nothing to do with being an adult.  It has to do with being a human...we make mistakes.  The confirmation dialog gives us the chance to look at it and think, "Oh, crap, that's not what I wanted to delete!  No!"  Without it, all you're left with is "Oh, crap!"

Dana

Like I said, I'd like the OPTION, that makes it my choice, so yeh, treat me like an adult and allow ME to make the decission. I fail to see how asking for an option, allowing me to make the decission, is a claim to being superhuman, or do you just like to insult people?

Post edited by nicstt on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    edited November 2015

Well, well. It really looks like DAZ is falling for it too. You guys could simply have improved your rendering engines, patched bugs and added new functionalities. You HAD to go down the DRM road too? I heartily understand that you feel compelled to make sure that sales won't plummet because of piracy, I really do. The problem is, based on the posts that I have read in this thread, you're falling from that tree and hitting every branch on the way down. Have you noticed what happens when a game company starts to super-drm their products? No? Okay, let's spell it out: it hampers the HONEST customer base before it even impacts the pirates. Also, pirates always end up finding a workaround. Right now, with this beta, they are being stalled. How long before they find some trick? In the meantime, more "protection" for you means less flexibility for the users. Not everybody uses Smart Content. Not everybody wants to be told what to do with their folders, or have an app going through their firewall to phone home and transmit who-knows-what. At least, until now, we had a choice and could download what we paid for, install it offline and use it without asking for permission through an unsecure channel. The file encryption is not the issue, the firewall problems will be issues. DRM on the products can have several ill effects. From the top of my head: people only buying the very basics from DAZ and then buying the bulk of their stuff somewhere else. Legit customers could also decide, against the original plan, to turn to piracy once the pirates will have figured a way and don't be mistaken: they WILL find something. It can go very wrong... I have seen people buying games and then using pirate patching on those nJUST so they wouldn't be annoyed by the DRM system. That is mankind for you.

Like most game publishers 3D companies live in the office and pretty much rely on staff meetings and focus groups DRM is here to stay, unfortunately just look to the bank draining 3D program rental that is already the way of doing things, which is the next logical step for this new DRM scheme, unfortunately, the 3D hobbyist is not as vocal nor does it mobilize when needed, otherwise we wouldn't see $400-1k annual rentals on Vue/Autodesk/Adobe.

OK, I am not a fan of DRM in the slightest as it often creates more problems than it fixes from a technical standpoint but I am responding to this in order to address one point.  The move to using DRM here is most likely NOT greed unless you consider people wanting to be paid for their work to be greed.  Businesses have a right to be paid for their products and services.  Private individuals have a right to be paid for the work they do.    In this case, when content is pirated people ( the content creators) and a business ( DAZ) are being stolen from.  In some cases, creating content is the sole way a PA makes their living.  They pay their bills and buy their groceries with what they make from creating content.   In the case of the business, (DAZ3D) the lights are kept on and the employees are paid from the funds that are generated from operating the business.  If the business cant earn enough to pay its bill, the business goes under and if the individual contractors ( PA's) cant earn enough making the content, we get no more new content.  It is a more than reasonable expectation to be paid for the work you do.

I loathe DRM.  I work in IT and I STILL loathe DRM.  Basically becuase every DRM method thats been tried so far tends to cause me issues professionally.  Its my job to make sure my users can be up and running and doing their jobs.  Quite often, I am forced to navigate another company's DRM setup just so my user can do the job they are required to do.  DRM methods cost me hours of time that I could be spending  doing things that would make working easier and more productive for the users I am being paid to support.

Do I think that the steps being taken in the 4.9 beta are steps in the right direction?  No I do not.  DAZ WILL lose customers over this if they have not already.  Hopefully they will listen to their customers and roll back this DAZ Connect plan and come up with another way.  However, they won't listen to their customers if everyone in this discussion is simply responding emotionally and not giving sound reasoning for their statements.  I have posted several times in this discussion with questions and concerns regarding this issue and my questions have been answered reasonably and calmly.  I appreciate this professionalism.   The answers I received  to my questions have at least shown me that there has been some thought as to how this will be implemented should it go forward.

DRM has never prevented piracy.  It really does not even reduce the damage done by piracy. How can it when there are people out there that will hear of a new DRM scheme and set out to crack it just because its there?  To those people its a challenge, a dare thrown in their faces.  They will always take up those challenges and will pretty much always be successful in cracking the DRM.  Contrary to what is presented in popular media, a lot of your software pirates are NOT teenagers or college students with bad attitudes and too much time on their hands.  Most of them are highly intelligent and very skilled coders.  If someone can write the code to create the DRM method, another coder can ( and will) code a way around it

As I said, I loathe DRM. It is largely innefective and will result in a degraded user experience for many customers. That said, I understand logically why the company is doing this.  I hope that DAZ3D will reconsider this stance and roll back the whole DAZ Connect scheme.  If enough of us chime in with sound reasons not to do this, maybe they will listen and roll it back.  However if we all just start screaming blue murder and threatening to boycott the company and the PA's partaking in this, they will probably not listen.  We all need to give sound and well considered reasons that are backed up with hard data.  We need to approach this seriously and professionally.  Then maybe they WILL listen and we have a chance to help shape the next version of the software into something that will benefit everyone involved .

I was inspired to edit my post as well as re-post your quote, as I admit that I have true fear that this will interrupt my hobby in which I not only spend a lot of money, but time as well with this program..

I love Daz, but I'm really angry and frustrated with where this company is going, as this is not like steam which has millions of users, nor has people in the entertainment industry of which doesn't have to worry about paying rent on their program of choice, it's hobbyists, who have to spend money on housing food, and clothing, not only for themselves but for several meta-humans who run around the house making too much noise! wink As well as retirees and people with fixed incomes, not to mention rural areas which doesn't have Internet access, and where folks have to plan a trip to downtown to download using public wifi...Unfortunately people have to pay dearly for crappy Internet or none at all..

It's short sighted and will put off a lot of people, and it doesn't matter that you only have to use it once, if you don't have Internet it won't make any difference period, and no-one is gonna drag their PC to the coffee shop just to take several hours slowing down other people's wifi in order to dl/install a character pack..I think the techs don't realize the complications for practical use of this product if you have spotty or no Internet at all, they're too focused on theory and assumptions and not real-world practicality about how this will effect the end user outside the 50-60K demographic.

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    even though we're going to be mandated to store and install our products in the office's "storage unit"

Your local hard drive?

edited November 2015

mjc1016 said:

Your local hard drive?

No, the cloud, as you will have to re-download the assets if you uninstall them, due to any number of reasons.

Are all products Daz Connect ready?

New products, as well as a huge selection of older products, will be offered through Daz Connect right away, with more of the older products having Daz Connect support added in the future.  Our plans are for existing products that have been offered through non-Daz Connect methods to continue to be offered in those ways as well as through Daz Connect.  New products will begin to migrate toward a Daz Connect-only delivery.<---This is what concerns me, and others here.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,128

mjc1016 said:

Your local hard drive?

No, the cloud, as you will have to re-download the assets if you uninstall them, due to any number of reasons.

Currently each item lives as it's own SKU directory in the data/cloud diretory - perfectly easy to make a copy of.

And I'm on dial-up internet at home, drag a laptop to a wifi hot-spot for all my downloads. I may never use DS Connect in the real world, but it has been fun to play with.

• nicstt said:

Oh and whilst we're at it; can we have some short cut keys - vastly superior to the mouse (imo). Much quicker too, especially when combining them.

Like I said, I'd like the OPTION, that makes it my choice, so yeh, treat me like an adult and allow ME to make the decission.

I would like to see these options implemented, too. I don't use "smart content" but "categories" I use a lot, primarily for organising Poser-only content. And an undo for category moving (like there is in Windows) - maybe it is there, but I haven't found it yet. Back in DS3, I once accidentally dropped a category tree in a random subcategory (drag'n'drop can get really cumbersome), and it took me a long time to find it again.

BTW my custom categories seem to be working fine after the beta imported the database. I haven't dug deep yet, but no obvious missed categories on top.

mjc1016 said:

Your local hard drive?

And you don't have to redownload them now?

Not going to get into it, but many times in these threads it has been said how the content is distributed...

I think Daz_Rawb said it most plainly here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/934809/#Comment_934809

edited November 2015
    namffuak said:

Currently each item lives as it's own SKU directory in the data/cloud diretory - perfectly easy to make a copy of.

And I'm on dial-up internet at home, drag a laptop to a wifi hot-spot for all my downloads. I may never use DS Connect in the real world, but it has been fun to play with.

So I can copy it, and reinstall later offline?...This is good, the only thing is I do not install anything in the default program files or daz studio location, as both have different directories.

The second point is more about others and their inabillity to just go out and purchase a laptop as well as a desktop so therefore, it will effect the company which it would effect myself, which is secondary to those who also make a living at this, and with this company, so I don't want to see Daz Studio fall from the market at all...

New products will begin to migrate toward a Daz Connect-only delivery.<---This is what concerns me, and others here.

And it has been said many times that there are no plans as to when, let alone, if that will ever happen.  Yes, it is a possibility, but will it be reality???

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,186
    nicstt said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Like I said, I'd like the OPTION, that makes it my choice, so yeh, treat me like an adult and allow ME to make the decission. I fail to see how asking for an option, allowing me to make the decission, is a claim to being superhuman, or do you just like to insult people?

There was no insult there, intended or not.  Where did you see an insult?

OK, I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on.  I am one of the least insulting, flame-war-starting people in here.  Now I'll just be invisible.

Dana

• artoirartoir Posts: 65
    edited November 2015

Ok, I feel like I have suddenly been tossed into space and landed on the wrong planet. I bought something from the Daz site yesterday and when I went to download it, I noticed an update to 4.9, so simply ticked it and downloaded it. At first glance when I opened the new 4.9, I thought "cool"! Then suddenly, not so cool, I am so confused I feel like I have been given hallucinogenic drugs. My biggest confusion is I now have a "lost and found" folder, all the icons of my products have a cloud on them and when I double click them it takes me into two new windows with pretty much the same info, and when I save a scene I just worked on for three hours, I cannot find where it went! (it used to go to my "unassigned" folder because I had never catagorized). The bottom line, to me 4.9 looks like a total mess, if I would have known, I wouldn't have downloaded it. Yes, I have been through the FAQ, it reads like Chinese to me because I did not go to college for computer science, language...whatever you call it. All I want to know right now is where are my saved scenes going? I'm just a little gay bumpkin from the mid-west who knows that once you learn a car, you know how to drive it. I don't want a new car!

Post edited by artoir on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited November 2015

Is there a way to change how items are catagoriezed in smart? I'm really itching to better organize it to suit my taste. I'd rather see a figure with their character, materials and poses under same directory. Its getting tedious checking each item/pose/clothes/accessory to see if it is for which generation.  

Post edited by BurstAngel on
    edited November 2015
    mjc1016 said:

New products will begin to migrate toward a Daz Connect-only delivery.<---This is what concerns me, and others here.

And it has been said many times that there are no plans as to when, let alone, if that will ever happen.  Yes, it is a possibility, but will it be reality???

I would love nothing better than to be proven wrong, in fact, I'm counting on that!...

And yes, as I am an addict, I already Dl'd and installed it, but thankfully, this is a separate beta, so I hope the Daz connect isn't mandatory as there is a large demographic here who are still using V4, so their pocket book/wallets carry weight.

I could adapt to a point, but my system is too customized to impose mandatory default settings..To expand on my earlier point, I would love to see this company advance and change with the market without sacrificing the versatility of choice from the end user.

In other words, don't mandate windows 8 on window 7 users...wink

mjc1016 said:

And you don't have to redownload them now?

Not going to get into it, but many times in these threads it has been said how the content is distributed...

I think Daz_Rawb said it most plainly here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/934809/#Comment_934809

Oh, didn't see this post, I hope this will prove me wrong and put to bed any concerns I might have..wink

Regardless of how you install a product Daz Connect / DIM / Product Library the content will always be installed locally. Our products are huge (well, maybe not game huge, but big at least) so the idea of having to stream that content every time you want to use it doesn't appeal to us (bandwidth bills) or our users (speed and bandwidth). We have also put effort into making sure that the downloaded files are easily reusable when you recover from a backup or copy to a different machine to avoid any unnecessary downloads.

We have made some improvements to various systems to allow for better "on demand" loading with Daz Connect, for example if you attempt to load a scene but don't have all the right content installed it will pop up a window prompting you to download that content. Some of our employees requested this feature so they wouldn't have to remember what content they needed to render a scene when they copied the scene file from thier laptop to their render machine.

Hmmm, good news, thanks for proving me wrong about this, yes as far as encrypted files are concerned...I'm pretty much unconcerned!laugh

This is not too bad, still, I don't want to have to change my current directories of which My custom Daz directory is located...

If users who do not have easy access, and by access, I mean the practical and literal terms of not having access to Internet services, as only having one desktop, without a laptop, and/or their city/county/or state not providing proper reliable Internet access, as in not having Internet cafes, or public wifi/library, because there is a lot more people without Internet access or multiple PC/laptops than those who can afford them actually realize, just as there are a lot of people who do not work in an office, in a business park or high-rise, so that concern for them still stands.

• Nyghtfall3DNyghtfall3D Posts: 765
    edited November 2015
    mjc1016 said:

Then they should edit the FAQ to read, "... may begin...", instead of, "... will begin...".  Otherwise, there's no such thing as if's, maybe's, or possibility's in that sentence, and anything else they try telling us is irrelevant.

Post edited by Nyghtfall3D on
    edited November 2015

Is there a way to change how items are catagoriezed in smart? I'm really itching to better organize it to suit my taste. I'd rather see a figure with their character, materials and poses under same directory. Its getting tedious checking each item/pose/clothes/accessory to see if it is for which generation.  

Yes, the default categories are merely suggestions...they can be 'scrapped' and replaced by your own categories (not really removed, but ignored/hidden).  You can create new categories from your own organization by right clicking...the exact how is in one of these threads...I think fixmypcmike posted the best instructions.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/938873/#Comment_938873

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    artoir said:

.... My biggest confusion is I now have a "lost and found" folder, all the icons of my products have a cloud on them and when I double click them it takes me into two new windows with pretty much the same info, and when I save a scene I just worked on for three hours, I cannot find where it went! (it used to go to my "unassigned" folder because I had never catagorized). ...

Is your saved scene not going somewhere into the "lost and found" folder or a subfolder within it?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,128
    edited November 2015
    namffuak said:

So I can copy it, and reinstall later offline?...This is good, the only thing is I do not install anything in the default program files or daz studio location, as both have different directories.

The second point is more about others and their inabillity to just go out and purchase a laptop as well as a desktop so therefore, it will effect the company which it would effect myself, which is secondary to those who also make a living at this, and with this company, so I don't want to see Daz Studio fall from the market at all...

Um - well, untill just recently, the laptop was a Dell M4300 running windows XP that I purchased from my employer when I retired 6 years ago; it was two years old at the time, and the buy-out was $300. If all you're doing is dragging bits back and forth, or web surfing, you just don't need high-end hardware.

And, fyi, that brown highlighting makes text almost unreadable with the light forum theme. :-)

Hm - missed that first part. With the exception of Microsoft stuff (avoided like ... well, you know) nothing gets installed to default locations. I don't put ANYTHING in 'program files' and refuse to use the 'My <stuff>' directories on general principles. I do use DIM - software goes into "D:/bits-32" and "D:/bits-64"; content goes into "D:/s4stuff/gen5" (an artifact left over from when I had directories for the generation 1 thru generation 5 figures, props, and so on).

Post edited by namffuak on
    edited November 2015
    namffuak said:
    namffuak said:

Um - well, untill just recently, the laptop was a Dell M4300 running windows XP that I purchased from my employer when I retired 6 years ago; it was two years old at the time, and the buy-out was $300. If all you're doing is dragging bits back and forth, or web surfing, you just don't need high-end hardware.

And, fyi, that brown highlighting makes text almost unreadable with the light forum theme. :-)

Hm - missed that first part. With the exception of Microsoft stuff (avoided like ... well, you know) nothing gets installed to default locations. I don't put ANYTHING in 'program files' and refuse to use the 'My <stuff>' directories on general principles. I do use DIM - software goes into "D:/bits-32" and "D:/bits-64"; content goes into "D:/s4stuff/gen5" (an artifact left over from when I had directories for the generation 1 thru generation 5 figures, props, and so on).

Sorry about that, all fixed, yes, I'm all about customization, so my reaction was a bit stressed against mandatory defaults, which is a real fear as win 10, and the entirety of the digital environment seems to be working towards that lowly goal...So the terms "streamlined" and convenience seems to get the skin crawling for me nowadays...But at least some of my fears have been eased..

DanaTA said:
    nicstt said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

There was no insult there, intended or not.  Where did you see an insult?

OK, I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on.  I am one of the least insulting, flame-war-starting people in here.  Now I'll just be invisible.

Dana

I kind of took the first part of the post as "not a super human" which is pretty obvious as they don't exist outside of comic books/films. I accept your apology and offer my own as I can be a little contentious.

So please don't keep your opinions to yourself... They all matter, especially the ones we don't agree with.

Nyghtfall said:
    mjc1016 said:

Then they should edit the FAQ to read, "... may begin...", instead of, "... will begin...".  Otherwise, there's no such thing as if's, maybe's, or possibility's in that sentence, and anything else they try telling us is irrelevant.

Agree! Assurances that counter the FAQ, have limited value imo - note I mean my own opinion; rewording that would go a great way towards assuring folks like me who are of a naturally suspicious (read paranoid) nature; I would be encouraged, that is for sure.

I still don't see myself buying anything that is encrypted only. I do without, or wait until products get released on Netflix, or network TV, or are priced so rediculously low as to be almost free; some items I am still waiting for. I even stopped using my Kindle, I gave it to mum, who mostly reads titles that are free so it doesn't concern her. The possibility of not having access to books I bought was enough for me to change my habbits; I went back to buying real books which are also often cheaper due to weird TAXing by the UK govt. I buy far fewer than I used to.

• sriesch said:
    artoir said:

.... My biggest confusion is I now have a "lost and found" folder, all the icons of my products have a cloud on them and when I double click them it takes me into two new windows with pretty much the same info, and when I save a scene I just worked on for three hours, I cannot find where it went! (it used to go to my "unassigned" folder because I had never catagorized). ...

Is your saved scene not going somewhere into the "lost and found" folder or a subfolder within it?

The saved scene will have gone, on disc, to whatever folder you saved it to - try saving another scene and note where the file browser opens, then cancel. Only the Connect files are (currently) limited to the databse areas - Smart Content, Categories and Products - all of your own files (pure assets like Morph Assets aside) are available in the Content Library DAZ Formats list (if you saved to a content dirctory) or through File>Open/File>Merge.

• how do i get the dazstudio pro beta..i try and try all i got is the 4,8 over and over ..?

• how do i get the dazstudio pro beta..i try and try all i got is the 4,8 over and over ..?

On the Ready To Download tab in Install Manager, click Download Filters and make sure you have Public Build checked.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

>Zarcon (sorry to use short name^^;??)

DAZ actually already release contents  as encrypted for public beta.

At first,  I think,, it is bad. and wrong thing. daz should not release such content for beta test.    

Then  after some or few or strange  user complain, DAZ man say

"we will  offer new prodcuts as DIM conetnts without encrypted as same as before (or they have not decided when ,or they say no plan

and "we can not talk about future,, do not take us bad!" ( you who complains,  are simply too sensitive! and have evil in maind, I heared so ^^)

But  it is really funny because, if encrypt contents is to protect vendor, (there seems no other meaning, can you find?)

why daz can keep  contents as non encrypted  for user  toor?   I can not find any meaning.

there is only two  choice. daz will offer all  new contents as  encrypted. or simply stop the plan now. 

"nante = such thing   (will not happen  if you think Theoretically)"

then if DAZ have no plan about when start, simply delete such discribe from official announcement .  what is wrong?

• >Zarcon (sorry to use short name^^;??)

DAZ actually already release contents  as encrypted for public beta.

At first,  I think,, it is bad. and wrong thing. daz should not release such content for beta test.    

Then  after some or few or strange  user complain, DAZ man say

"we will  offer new prodcuts as DIM conetnts without encrypted as same as before (or they have not decided when ,or they say no plan

and "we can not talk about future,, do not take us bad!" ( you who complains,  are simply too sensitive! and have evil in maind, I heared so ^^)

But  it is really funny because, if encrypt contents is to protect vendor, (there seems no other meaning, can you find?)

why daz can keep  contents as non encrypted  for user  toor?   I can not find any meaning.

there is only two  choice. daz will offer all  new contents as  encrypted. or simply stop the plan now. 

"nante = such thing   (will not happen  if you think Theoretically)"

then if DAZ have no plan about when start, simply delete such discribe from official announcement .  what is wrong?

What they have said, I think, is that no content currently scheduled or planned for release will be Connect-only.

• kitakoredaz, understood, and thanks. By the way, I am fine with the Short name.

My signature somewhat hints at my only discontent towards encrypting files on a computer dedicated to a special task such as rendering. The CPU power and HDD/Ram bandwidth wasted in reading and decrypting such things. I would rather my workstation spend it's resources rendering the scene, rather then wasting it's resources DRM checking files and decrypting them so they can be used every time the files are accessed.

As for the DRM thing, I have been burnt by that a few times already. Updated this CPU for daz, just to not be able to watch documentaries I had paid for (and purchasing them again did not fix it). Between that, and what i-tunes did to my DAW, I have no use for DRM at all.

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited November 2015

Filed a bug report on the slow render times with UE2's indirect light mode and raycache. The answer was definitely not what I expected.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature." Edited out names.

Feature Not a Bug edit.png
    1200 x 1880 - 181K
    Post edited by wowie on
  • wowie said:

Filed a bug report on the slow render times with UE2's indirect light mode and raycache. The answer was definitely not what I expected.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features!? lol. Let's see if the 'dev team' has a more 'acceptable' answer for the non-improvement in performance.

I am curious tho, What improvement, where? Dose it actually make a mirror cast light onto other object, or is it somewhere else in the options tab for UE2?

This discussion has been closed.