Migrating Vendor

JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Well, it looks like Aeon Soul is moving on from RDNA. I don't think they were there as long as at Rendo before, but I can't be sure of that.

It doesn't say where they are moving to, or indeed, to anywhere. But everything is on 40% off closeout pices.

Most of the stock is still V4, but there were a number of things with G2F refits, and the more recent stuff was as likely to be for the Genesis series as not. And there is a comment that not all of the things being closed out are going to be back anywhere, so it's all up in the air again.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,376

I thought it was at about this time of year that they have a sale? Or is this something different?

I just read the email and it does indeed look as if they are moving - damn and I'm broke I'll have to see if i can scrape together enough to pick up a couple of pieces.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Aeon Soul has some new content here. There are some fantasy/hero pose sets that are quite good, as well as AlphaKini, which I have but haven't yet found the right project to use it in.

• Aeon Sould also has periodic clearances of old content even without switching stores - which was what I took the sale as being.

• scathascatha Posts: 756

The newsletter made mention of a close out sale. This would indicate them closing shop.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

They've closed up their DeviantArt account too. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

So now, we wait for an A-S name to appear...

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited November 2015
  • Well it's not rocket science to figure out where they would be heading, follow the money I say !

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    mjc1016 said:

I'm not so sure; closing Deviant Art account is a strange action if they are moving here.

Possibly changing name I suppose.

Just speculation.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

They did a journal post on DA a while ago saying they had become unhappy with DA and some issues there. Hoping they find a gallery elsewhere - I do so enjoy looking at their art.  

nicstt said:
    mjc1016 said:

I'm not so sure; closing Deviant Art account is a strange action if they are moving here.

Possibly changing name I suppose.

Just speculation.

• Yeah, I remember their deviantart post. They seemed unhappy about many things on DA, not just the silly CORE MEMBERSHIP IN FLASHY ORANGE and the new ZeviantArt logo.

And yes, they have changed their vendor name many time over time... To be honnest, Aeon Soul have always been my favourite vendor due to the uniqueness of their product, and their very distinct style. I just wish they would sometimes re-release their old products, as I missed all of their pre-RuntimeDNA era. :/

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,717

Thanks for the heads-up!

I would guess, like in the past, virtually everything will be gone and not be available any more. I missed out on some earlier items thinking they would show up again, and they didn't, so I think I'll get the stuff I'm interested in before it's gone. Their stuff is quite unique, and always top notch quality. I really like some of the V4 stuff, but it doesn't have morphs for G4, which I use a lot sad. Has anyone used any of the V4 outfits with Genesis/Genesis 2?

edited November 2015
    DustRider said:

Thanks for the heads-up!

I would guess, like in the past, virtually everything will be gone and not be available any more. I missed out on some earlier items thinking they would show up again, and they didn't, so I think I'll get the stuff I'm interested in before it's gone. Their stuff is quite unique, and always top notch quality. I really like some of the V4 stuff, but it doesn't have morphs for G4, which I use a lot sad. Has anyone used any of the V4 outfits with Genesis/Genesis 2?

Most likely EXACTLY like in the past...

I've used some of the freebie stuff transferred and with the usual warnings about skirts and drapey things, it was fine.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@DustRider  "Has anyone used any of the V4 outfits with Genesis/Genesis 2?"

I have used a few. They fit as well as anything else w/ Autofit. I suspect Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female by Mallenlane may help in difficult circumstances, although I haven't needed it.

Some of the more recent items have Genesis 2 specific versions.

Thanks! The two V4 items I'm most interested in are Classic Fantasy and Arkham Angel. As long as there isn't extreme distortion on the mesh, I would guess that Classic Fantasy should would transfer well. The skirt on Arkham Angel might have issues though, and the boots would probably need to be transfered manually.

I may just opt for some genesis/genesis 2 items. The tough thing is not spending too much, because I like almost everything. I just need to figure out what I would use the most.

Sickleyield's Rigging and Morphing system may be helpful on the skirt and/or boots...it does those better than the standard Autofit.

http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-rigging-and-morphing-system

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Adn with boots you can always do the fake-it number of loading them, parenting each boot to the shin and just turning the figure's feet off.

• Well it's not rocket science to figure out where they would be heading, follow the money I say !

They are changing stores and name every few years. They've been at Renderosity, closed store, moved here, closed store, moved to RDNA, closing store there and moving elsewhere. Usual business. I guess a bit later from now it's the same all over again LOL

• Arkham Angel works quite well on G3F, with only some minor distortions so long as you have the V4 autofit clone.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    DustRider said:

Thanks! The two V4 items I'm most interested in are Classic Fantasy and Arkham Angel. 

I don't have Arkham Angel but Classic Fantasy works well on G2F. 

DustRider said:

Thanks! The two V4 items I'm most interested in are Classic Fantasy and Arkham Angel. As long as there isn't extreme distortion on the mesh, I would guess that Classic Fantasy should would transfer well. The skirt on Arkham Angel might have issues though, and the boots would probably need to be transfered manually.

I may just opt for some genesis/genesis 2 items. The tough thing is not spending too much, because I like almost everything. I just need to figure out what I would use the most.

Classic Fantasy works well

Thanks for the replies about Classic Fantasy. Looks like it will be going in the cart. There are others outfits available here (that I have) which are similar, But there is just something about Aeon Souls outfits that sets them apart from similar items.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    DustRider said:

Thanks for the replies about Classic Fantasy. Looks like it will be going in the cart. There are others outfits available here (that I have) which are similar, But there is just something about Aeon Souls outfits that sets them apart from similar items.

Classic fantasy was an instabuy for me when it was first released at Rendo many years ago, and I still use it quite a lot. So I definitely won't tell you not to purchase it :)

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited November 2015

ha and now i have everyones darling Yly aka Alice and got it to work in daz with all that nice morphs

here a render of the fair vesture skirt from aeon soul

ntest 04a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 677K
    ntest 05a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 601K
    Post edited by Ruphuss on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614

They say many items will NEVER be available again anywhere...

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?101753-Aeon-Soul-s-Storewide-40-Closeout-Sale!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,885

Maybe they'll stick with DAZ now because of their new encryption scheme (which probably will end up as some kind of piracy protection). They've been pretty tired ot having their stuff pirated.

edited November 2015

you all know this

but with some iray shaders on like on the renders above

look:

this is Ysabeau with Classic Fantasy

Ysa Hunter 26.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Ruphuss on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Welp, that got me to spend twice as much money tonight on their site as the entire amount I have spent there since March of 2012.

Of course the items I bought will be the ones they decide to move to the...their new home, wherever it may becheeky

--  Morgan

ther are rumors they like to abandone their old stuff