Tips on "Poke Through"

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,388

Is there a way to avoid or fix poke through? I dress my characters before posing them but when I pose, thier skin is visible. I've tried "fitting to Gen 2 Female" but it doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

beach.png
1049 x 699 - 916K
beach.png
1049 x 699 - 916K

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

first thing you can try is selecting the pants, then go to edit -> figure -> geometry -> smoothing -> apply smoothing modifier

if not all of the poke through goes away then you can increase the collision check be going to the pant's parameters and finding "collision" (also make sure that "collision item" is set to your figure. Usually it automatically sets the collision item to whever the clothing is fitted to, but on a rare occasion it doesn't)

If you get an error that smoothing modifier couldn't be applied, that means that the pants already have a smoothing modifier and you just need to go into it's parameters and increase the collision check.

• The first thing I would try is looking under Parameters and seeing if the vendor for your item provided any adjustment morphs.  Depending on the vendor, some even provide morphs for different pose positions for their clothing.  There are some really good clothes in the shop that do this.  Then you can try other methods like the smoothing modifier, scaling an object up, using d-formers or any other options that anyone else might mention.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

And see if the offending body part can be hidden without leaving a visible gap, often the easiest technique.

• dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305

I have an entire blog on auto-fitting and poke through.  Hope something there helps:  https://bladesedgemedia.wordpress.com/auto-fitting-for-noobs-or-stuck-on-you/comment-page-1/

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    Ostadan said:

And see if the offending body part can be hidden without leaving a visible gap, often the easiest technique.

This really is the easiest way, and you do that by going into the Scene tab, go to your figure and click on the body part needed (as you click, you open up the dropdowns on the parts, or you can right click on the figure in Scene then expand all) then all you do is close the eye to hide the part. 

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,388

Thanks for all the tips and I'll be checking out your blog for SURE Dakkuuan. And any other noob that's reading this, another thing I found out in playing with it was this. Say the upper thigh was showing through the top of the pants, pose the leg another way and then back the way you want it. And a lot of the time, the clothing will smooth itself over on its own and then...RENDER AWAY!