UV FOR G3

konkon Posts: 389
SO WHO THE *#!$ IS WORKING ON UV'S FOR G3!?!

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

Could you be more specific and not yell please?

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800

Well, if you're asking as to why the UV for Genesis 3 is vastly different from previous Genesis figures, that's MallenLane's doing. She explained that keeping the UV consistent for another Generation would only hinder some of the technical advances that G3 was intended to present.

• Well, if you're asking as to why the UV for Genesis 3 is vastly different from previous Genesis figures, that's MallenLane's doing. She explained that keeping the UV consistent for another Generation would only hinder some of the technical advances that G3 was intended to present.

She explained?  Who explained?  G3 explained or did you mean MallenLane, otherwise known as Michael Lane.

edited November 2015

Well, if you're asking as to why the UV for Genesis 3 is vastly different from previous Genesis figures, that's MallenLane's doing. She explained that keeping the UV consistent for another Generation would only hinder some of the technical advances that G3 was intended to present.

She explained?  Who explained?  G3 explained or did you mean MallenLane, otherwise known as Michael Lane.

She = MallenLane, whom I was told is female.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2015

I wonder if anyone has told Michael that.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Well, if you're asking as to why the UV for Genesis 3 is vastly different from previous Genesis figures, that's MallenLane's doing. She explained that keeping the UV consistent for another Generation would only hinder some of the technical advances that G3 was intended to present.

I can assure you, after having known Michael for some 15 years, that the person who informed you had wrong information.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited November 2015

Hell, I made the assumption all this time since reading the post I linked to that it was a she. LOL!

I recently asked Ivy if she was a she because I have gotten the "dude, I am not a girl" response many times.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560

If the original poster is talking about getting seam guides for G3F, they're here.

http://www.snowsultan.com/seams/genesis3female_seams.zip

• nDelphi said:

Hell, I made the assumption all this time since reading the post I linked to that it was a she. LOL!

I recently asked Ivy if she was a she because I have gotten the "dude, I am not a girl" response many times.

Nods, and for some reaon people always assume I'm a guy, heh.  Cris is short for Cristina.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 578

If life has taught me anything, it's that, on the Internet, anyone can be a 13 year old girl. 

• Esemwy said:

If life has taught me anything, it's that, on the Internet, anyone can be a 13 year old girl. 

I can't.

• Esemwy said:

I can't.

I was once.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    Esemwy said:

I can't.

I was once.

Judging by how much time my phone is in my possession rather than my daughter's, I usually am.

• konkon Posts: 389

If the original poster is talking about getting seam guides for G3F, they're here.

http://www.snowsultan.com/seams/genesis3female_seams.zip

Seams?

I was talking about g1 and g2 corrected uv for g3f but i dont think thats going to happen.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

No it will not/cannot happen.

mjc1016 said:

.............O....................K............

So i have to wait for skin builder for g3f.

I STILL NEED THE SKINBUILDER AD ON FOR G1 AND G2 MALE GEN!!!!!!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    kon said:
    mjc1016 said:

There is a long thread on how to manually bake the textures...the problem with it is that it does require a fair amount of active intervention on the part of the user, so it is not something that can be automated.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59665/tutorial-converting-textures-from-gen2-to-gen3/p1

mjc1016 said:
    kon said:
    mjc1016 said:

There is a long thread on how to manually bake the textures...the problem with it is that it does require a fair amount of active intervention on the part of the user, so it is not something that can be automated.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59665/tutorial-converting-textures-from-gen2-to-gen3/p1

Got to be 110% honesti have no idea what baking is and the last time i asked i was told it was for games. So in short i have no chance of baking and even if i did still wouldnt sovle the gen problem.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141
    Esemwy said:

I was once a 13 year old girl but that was like nineteen years ago.

edited November 2015
    kon said:
    mjc1016 said:
    kon said:
    mjc1016 said:

Got to be 110% honesti have no idea what baking is and the last time i asked i was told it was for games. So in short i have no chance of baking and even if i did still wouldnt sovle the gen problem.

Well, then again, Daz was never really all that big on genitalia support beyond geographing, anyway. Anything after the Generation's Victoria & Michael launches is all on the PAs who care enough to provide.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    kon said:
    mjc1016 said:
    kon said:
    mjc1016 said:

Well, then again, Daz was never really all that big on genitalia support beyond geographing, anyway. Anything after the Generation's Victoria & Michael launches is all on the PAs who care enough to provide.

I dont get it why is male gen texture such a big deal. Why even make male gens in the first place? Every figure should come with male gen instead of in a bundle. Its insulting that figures are not anatomically correct to start. Its michael's David all over again.