Anyone know this snowman? RESOLVED

ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
edited November 2015 in The Commons

I'm trying to find this snowman and prop sign in my runtime as well as downloaded files. This render was done in 2012. It was a freebie, but I can't recall if it was a DAZ Xmas freebie or RDNA Xmas freebie and what year.  I really want to use this snowman again.  Anyone know which vendor/artist gave this out?

Winter holiday.jpg
1300 x 804 - 500K
Post edited by ThatGuy on

Comments

• RuntimeDna has all the past cristmas freebies up for download. I only found this guy

http://forum.runtimedna.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=673

but I might have missed it.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I went to school with him... I think his name is Larry... No, Louie...? Linda... No... It's something with an L... Bob?.... 

I think he may have come from a RDNA giveaway, if that gingerbread house is a freebie too... I think they gave away a whole bunch of props like that a couple of years ago and I think a snowman came with all that... But I also remember getting some big bundle of older props a long time ago from DAZ, I think you got it for free for spending X amount before a certain date... I'm pretty sure there is a snow man and some other Christmas and storybook stuff in it... Not stuff I'd ever buy, but maybe you got it that way too? Sorry... This probably wasn't very helpful.

Stanley Snoworth... No... Maybe Fred?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141
    McGyver said:

I went to school with him... I think his name is Larry... No, Louie...? Linda... No... It's something with an L... Bob?.... 

I think he may have come from a RDNA giveaway, if that gingerbread house is a freebie too... I think they gave away a whole bunch of props like that a couple of years ago and I think a snowman came with all that... But I also remember getting some big bundle of older props a long time ago from DAZ, I think you got it for free for spending X amount before a certain date... I'm pretty sure there is a snow man and some other Christmas and storybook stuff in it... Not stuff I'd ever buy, but maybe you got it that way too? Sorry... This probably wasn't very helpful.

Stanley Snoworth... No... Maybe Fred?

It is either George or Georgeanna

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,103

Was made by Porthos at Renderosity, according to the readme.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 132
    edited November 2015

Yes, this was a freebie made by Porthos over at Renderosity. It can be found in the freestuff but here is a direct link to it:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/snowman-and-props/62608

EDIT: After just checking my copy of Porthos Snowman frank0314 is right and this is a different one but still a decent one to use. From the side view in the pic above it looked a lot like the one from Rendo.

Post edited by KinnieM on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited November 2015

No, that's ours. It was Piz Pot that was given away on RDNA. It is no longer there. It was on our store website as a freebie but our site is down ATM for rebuilding it.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

No, it's definitely not Porthos'.  I still have Pizz Pot's file so I'll take a look when I get home tonite.  I suppose I can just open the scene in Poser and hopefully it can pinpoint the file location.  And it's not like I didn't think of doing this before, it just so happens that I had recently upgraded to Window 10 (64 bit) and when I tried to open my Poser 2014 last night it gave me some sort of error message.  I think I will have to re-load the program.  Thanks to all who've replied.  Much appreciated.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

Yay me!  Finally got the scene open in Poser and the snowman used is Snaughty by Dorkati over at Rendo.  I used Pizz Pot's scarf.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

"Piz Pot"

hahahaha

joke for the Germans

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994

I wouldn't say I "know" him but I've seen him around my street a few times (or at least someone who looks a lot like him). He usually shows up around Xmas time but we've never spoken. I've seen him hanging around school playgrounds as well. He seems to have a special interest in children... creepy guy.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Only Snowman I knew well is a bit of a Has Been now

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141

The only snowman I want to see should be in daz studio or similar program.