Getting advanced shader effects on G2F with the V4 UV map

The power of the Genesis 2 Female is badass... being able to use any UV map under the sun.

But here's my problem. I have a very cool Vicki 4 african skin I'm using on G2F and I'd like to have all the cool advanced 3Delight shader effects the G2F skins have. When I apply the Omnifreaker HSS shaders it makes her skin look like marble. So, I applied a G2F skin then swapped the diffuse G2F texture with the african V4 UV textures... making the UV map V4... but... acht... the other shader effect textures are all based on G2F's skin UV.

So, how do I get a cool skin shader to work on a G2F using the V4 UV map?

Thanks much in advance for any help!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Can you post some examples?

No nudity...face shots should suffice.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,376

What I do is apply the skins you want then apply the set with the settings/shader you want while holding down CTRL and choosing ignore maps, you will then have reset  the UV in the surfaces tab to V4 (or whatever) and check any extra maps haven't been applied that go with the newer set, some newer sets use normal maps for example whereas older sets have the slot empty.

• Thnaks a lot!!

I am using Reciecup's 'Karma' skin. Reciecup has a lot of African skins that are totally fantastic... beyond the norm. This head morph seems to be exploding the eyelashes... but I'm mostly interested in the skin

karma G2f skin.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 340K
  • scorpio said:

What I do is apply the skins you want then apply the set with the settings/shader you want while holding down CTRL and choosing ignore maps, you will then have reset  the UV in the surfaces tab to V4 (or whatever) and check any extra maps haven't been applied that go with the newer set, some newer sets use normal maps for example whereas older sets have the slot empty.

Thanks Scorpio !!