Color Schemes/Combos

bluedonkeybluedonkey Posts: 33
edited November 2015 in New Users

I am currently using DS  v.4.8.0.55 PRO 64 bit.
Are there any color combinations/schemes available other than the ones included with the program?  The preloaded ones each have at least one combination of colors that my tired old eyes have trouble dealing with. And when I use the Customization tool I find it very difficult to get everything just right. So I've been using a work around: one color scheme where everything in the "Content Library" and Scene" panels is perfect; and one where everything in the "Parameters" and "Surfaces" panels is just right.

Any insights, tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Which colour schemes are you using?  Which one is perfect for Content Libruary and Scene and which one is perfect for Parameters and Surfaces?

• Which colour schemes are you using?  Which one is perfect for Content Libruary and Scene and which one is perfect for Parameters and Surfaces?

I've attached screen shots of the Content Library (#1), the param panel (#2) and the colors panel  color pallette. In pic #1 the text and icons use "Foreground Color" and the "Mid Light Color" is the background. In pic #2 the barely discernable text in the red boxes is the "Mid Light Color", but the clearly readable text is the "Foreground Color". I don't know why some text in the same panel uses one color while other text uses a different color. angry

Do you prefer a dark background with light text? Or the other way around?

•  

definitely dark back with light text

It is going to take some playing around with the customization to find a combination that suits you.

I use the Darkside setting and I went through and changed the colour of every setting 1 at a time to see what they do.  I am attaching images of the changes I think are most applicable for you.

I have attached an image of the Default Darkside.  An image of the background colour change and base colour change.

Default Darkside.jpg
    1368 x 726 - 173K
    Background Colour Change.jpg
    1362 x 732 - 283K
    Base Colour.jpg
    1368 x 726 - 220K

Here is the Dark Colour, Foreground Colour and Mid Colour changed.

Once you have a combination you like you can use Save Style As.

I had never played around in these setting before this.  I chose purple simply because I love this colour. 

Dark Colour.jpg
    1368 x 726 - 231K
    Foreground Colour.jpg
    1368 x 726 - 203K
    Mid Colour.jpg
    1368 x 726 - 235K
  • Excellent. Thank you very much for the help. I'll give 'em a whirl. smiley

Welcome  smiley

• bluedonkeybluedonkey Posts: 33
    edited November 2015

To follow up and make a more complete "picture", I've found out why some of the text in the param panel uses a different color: it's considered to be a "hidden property", whatever that means. And I saved the color combo you came up with as "Kismet-1". wink

• Hidden properties are usually just that - hidden. If you are seeing them you must have Show Hidden Parameters checked in the pane's option menu.

• bluedonkeybluedonkey Posts: 33
    edited November 2015

That's correct, as I just came to realize.  But until just recently I've always been able to read what the sliders controlled. Now I find that the text color is the same color as the background that it's on (See red box in pic #2 above).  I haven't DLd any updstes and I don't know what caused this to happen, so I worked through the color customizer with no real success. I did come up with a work-around: a color scheme for one set of panels and another scheme for the other panels. That's what prompted me to see if there may be a resource with premade color schemes availabble. Kizmet came up with a workable solution that I can build on if necessary.