Vanity collection

Can someone tell me how to get the reflections to work in this product please?

John

Comments

• Poser or Daz Studio or...? If DS, Iray or 3Delight? Which version of the product did you install - Poser or DS?

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

Somtimes I just cheat and replace the mirror material with Useful Mirrors. But that doesn't lessen Richard's question as I don't use Iray and always use DS 4.8.

• Sorry Richard.....

3D delight in DAZ Studio 4.8

thanks for the link Steve, I'll keep it mind.

John.

• Ah, sorry - I was thinking of the Vanity PV sets, not the more recent freebie. Click on the mirror surfaces with the Surface Selection Tool and raise the Reflection Strength to 80% or 90% - might be worth opening a suppotr ticket to point outt hat it isn't currently reflecting.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Now that I think about it, I used the Vanity Collection in a render I did some time ago and the mirrors was just a black non-reflecting surface. This was in Iray.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    isidorn said:

Now that I think about it, I used the Vanity Collection in a render I did some time ago and the mirrors was just a black non-reflecting surface. This was in Iray.

Mirrors in Iray need different settings. Use the PBR Metallicity/Roughness shader and set the Metallicity value to 1.0. I also add Top Coat, with Layering mode set to Reflectivity and a Reflectivity value of 1.0

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    maclean said:
    isidorn said:

Mirrors in Iray need different settings. Use the PBR Metallicity/Roughness shader and set the Metallicity value to 1.0. I also add Top Coat, with Layering mode set to Reflectivity and a Reflectivity value of 1.0

Thanks! I've still so much to learn.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Heh. Don't worry. I only discovered it through reading the forums.