newb buy list and workstation videocard question

Ive been looking at majorty of the photos they have under gallary and i was wondering about this,What is the say top ten  daz material to buy to improve the over all quality of your work ,  im asking so i can at least start with some stuff that would help out i have bought some shaders and can tell a diffrence but any help would be appreated, also is it neassary to buy a workstation videocard to get good quality renders can you tell the diffrence? im runing a gtx960 2gigi i used to run a 7690 i belive hd edition 3 gig i mean can the  lower teir cards do just as good as the ones im running or what ?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

First of all, if you are using 3Delight, the video card is not used at all, 3DL uses CPU rendering only at the moment.

For Iray, it can use CPU only, or Gpu only, or a combination of both (assuming that the Graphics card is an nVidia one)   There should be no difference at all in the quality of the finished render, only the time taken to achieve that render will change with higher spec cards and CPUs.

What problems are you having with the quality of your renders, as far as materials are concerned?   Generally, the lighting is the single most important factor in any render, and that is what you should look into.