Teen Josie 7 SD

Does the quick release of Arabella 7 HD mean that there's not going to be any Josie HD? Or is it just delayed? All of the other 7s seem to have one.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141

Not sure but not all the genesis 2 characters got hd if I remember correctly

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited November 2015

Not sure but not all the genesis 2 characters got hd if I remember correctly

No, they didn't, I checked. Quite a few of the Gen2s don't have one, I assume because anime characters don't need one and the other ones apart from Victoria were newer (and Victoria stays relevant forever so she makes sense getting one.) But every single one of the other Genesis 3 characters have one.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2015

josie is an anime character so she doesn't need one :) *drum roll please*

BTW I love Josie, but I can tease her too. And I like stylized stuff, so no harm intended.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited November 2015

The Daz O Figures that Daz themselves produce internally normally have an HD addon, however character/shapes that they buy out from PA's are not really required to have one if not provided, same regarding unique UV's. Well that's how I see it anyways.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • None of the Teen characters from Genesis 2 had HD sets, so it might just be something they only do for the adult characters.

None of the Teen characters from Genesis 2 had HD sets, so it might just be something they only do for the adult characters.

Oh, you're right. The G2Fs (as far as I can tell) that don't have them are Aiko, Keiko (both considered toons?) Giselle, Josie, and Belle.

That's ... odd. 

edited November 2015

None of the Teen characters from Genesis 2 had HD sets, so it might just be something they only do for the adult characters.

The teen characters were created by a PA as far as I know, not internally created. Also, if Daz feels HD doesn't benefit a character they will leave it out. So basically, there is no set rule and it is mostly preference I suppose.

Post edited by Zev0 on

I was trying to figure out how to tell who made which character, and I swear I've seen tags on some of the files before (Josie was attributed to Thorne? And there were some others but I forget who did what exactly) but now I can't for the life of me find it again.

Oh well, poor Josie. At least if Growing Up 3 is ever made, we can turn Victoria and co into HD teens alongside their supertall adult counterparts, right? Right? Please? D:

edited November 2015

It was Thorne yes. And Growing Up will be available for G3. Already started on the base shape. Just refining the face then adding in all the extras.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

It was Thorne yes. And Growing Up will be available for G3. Already started on the base shape. Just refining the face then adding in all the extras.

Awesome to hear, thanks. Love all of your products.

• Zev0 said:

Best news I've heard all month. I'm looking forward to it, Zev0. On topic, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of any teen or younger characters that have ever had a HD morph available for them. Maybe it's just that people prefer HD on older characters.

edited November 2015

Think Malemedia adds HD morphs to his teens. Can't think of anybody else off the top of my mind.

Post edited by Zev0 on

So does Aiko not get one because she's an anime character, or because she's not a Daz character? I thought she was one of the oldest originals.

FWSA Kimmy and Jade for Josie 7 are both HD, but they have no morph sliders to turn it on and off. I think there are a couple for Belle and Josie 6 as well, but the actual core models don't have the addons.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited November 2015
    lx said:

I was trying to figure out how to tell who made which character, and I swear I've seen tags on some of the files before (Josie was attributed to Thorne? And there were some others but I forget who did what exactly) but now I can't for the life of me find it again.

Oh well, poor Josie. At least if Growing Up 3 is ever made, we can turn Victoria and co into HD teens alongside their supertall adult counterparts, right? Right? Please? D:

Or use it to help make them more normal adults. :)

Ideally I prefer seperate slider for head and body with HD; a head shot doesn't need all the body, and I'm sure I read somewhere that HD adds to IRAY (and other) render times?

Post edited by nicstt on
    nicstt said:
    lx said:

Or use it to help make them more normal adults. :)

Right? One of the best things about Josie is that she's the average adult female height, rather than competing with the others for a spot on the basketball team.

I wonder if Victoria 8 will break 6 feet...

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2015
    lx said:

So does Aiko not get one because she's an anime character, or because she's not a Daz character? I thought she was one of the oldest originals.

FWSA Kimmy and Jade for Josie 7 are both HD, but they have no morph sliders to turn it on and off. I think there are a couple for Belle and Josie 6 as well, but the actual core models don't have the addons.

Yes Aiko is anime, probably why not HD. She is a DO, but anime and HD sublties don't go together, at least with how Daz positions HD. (HD doesn't have to be limited to how daz usually uses it..but oh wells)

Daz handles HD morphs one way, PAs sometimes do it different. All the Daz HD I have seen have their own dial, so you can turn it on or off. YOu can even dial it in on different shapes with varying results. Some PA also do this.

Others make the default dial "HD" but whether or not you can see the difference is debatable. I have a few HD characters that don't really seem like it so I no longer buy them from PA for the purpose of HD. I see it as only marketing. But I still get a few "HD" shapes because the PA packages tend to be complete characters, skins, morphs for the same price of a Daz HD add-on...so there is that.

At least with the Daz HD morphs I can personally see the difference myself and decide if it adds enough value. So far the Daz HD morphs are good enough, but I only buy one or two a generation because most of them don't add enough to the plate.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    lx said:

Yes Aiko is anime, probably why not HD. She is a DO, but anime and HD sublties don't go together, at least with how Daz positions HD. (HD doesn't have to be limited to how daz usually uses it..but oh wells)

Daz handles HD morphs one way, PAs sometimes do it different. All the Daz HD I have seen have their own dial, so you can turn it on or off. YOu can even dial it in on different shapes with varying results. Some PA also do this.

Others make the default dial "HD" but whether or not you can see the difference is debatable. I have a few HD characters that don't really seem like it so I no longer buy them from PA for the purpose of HD. I see it as only marketing. But I still get a few "HD" shapes because the PA packages tend to be complete characters, skins, morphs for the same price of a Daz HD add-on...so there is that.

At least with the Daz HD morphs I can personally see the difference myself and decide if it adds enough value. So far the Daz HD morphs are good enough, but I only buy one or two a generation because most of them don't add enough to the plate.

Yeah that's what I thought with Aiko. 6 has a fairly realistic texture map but it wouldn't make much sense for the actual model to have tiny skin details, unless there was some sort of super HD Aiko cyborg. (Also, Daz, gen3 anime when [insert Josie joke again.])

I couldn't find a slider for the FWSA HD labelled characters, even with hidden properties turned on. They have SubD ramped up to 3 though. Some of the PA ones can be really misleading. I noticed that the recent Silver characters for the 7 pro packs aren't labelled at all, but are all HD in at least the head models (again no hidden sliders I could find.) I couldn't work out why Vyria was murdering my render speed compared to normal, and then I noticed that she was set to SubD 4 by default. So those ones are actually better quality than advertised.