Installing Content

Geoffrey_WoodgetGeoffrey_Woodget Posts: 98
edited November 2015 in New Users

Hi,

Total Noob. :)

I'm a Poser user wishing to try out DAZ Studio 4. I know how the Library system of Poser works, including multiple external Runtimes but DAZ's Content System confuses me, even though it appears simple. I'd rather get some input before I start bad habits.

Specifically, what I'm wondering about is content you install that is a DAZ format, but purchased elsewhere. I know that in Studio 4 if you go to Edit > Preferences  > Content Library > Content Library Manager and  right-click on 'Other Import Formats,' you can select a new Base Directory. So, should I keep my default DAZ Studio 4 Content Library to itself (the 15 things it originally installs), and create a new Directory for other stuff; like one for Rendo purchased, one for RDNA purchased, etc? The reason I ask is that when I look at one DAZ Doc Center article, it says not to; it'll create more work for you. Yet another DAZ Content Center article says to do so. Very confused.

Any tips on organizing and/or installing content I should know about, that you know from experience?

Thank you!

Post edited by Geoffrey_Woodget on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It is Content Directory Manager.  Other formats is for formats other than DAZ Studio ntive formats and Poser native formats.  To add a Poser library select Poser Formats and Add.  Navigate to the folder that holds the "Runtime" folder for the content you wish to add and Select Folder.  There is little reason to create new directories.