Props losing surfaces

I have some props that I made (spheres, eyeballs), and I have them saved as a Scene Subset.  I can open a new Scene, and double-click them in the content manager, and they will load without issue.  Looks great!  I open the Surfaces Tab, and they have the surfaces, with my default texture in the diffuse channel, everything looks good.

Now if I save this as a Scene, and then open that scene...they appear in the Scene Tab fine, but they have no surfaces now in the Surfaces Tab, and they do not show in the Viewport.

They have NO surfaces.  It's not like they lose the texture...there is NO surface anymore?  You can see it in the before after in the picture

Anyone run into this before?

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

OK, so I loaded these on a new Fresh VM/PC, and it does not have this issue   >:-(    ARG!!!

Means its a problem on my system.  So.....any idea how to completely remove something like this, so I can reload it?  ...or how to reset or fix it?

I tried reloading it from the Zip, and I get the same issue.

OK, I messed around long enough that its working now.  The previous scenes I made crash DS....so they are throwaway.  I have no idea what went wrong?

Consider resolved for now

• Had you saved them as assets? it sounds, depending on OS, as if it might be a problem with writing to or reading from the Data\AutoAdadted folder with the geometry and so on definitions - I suspect al fo teh geometry was missing from the bad load.

• 3dOutlaw said:

I have some props that I made (spheres, eyeballs), and I have them saved as a Scene Subset.

Did you make them using D|S Sphere Primitives, or in a modelling program?

FWIW, saving a newly created object as a Scene or Scene Subset doesn't really create proper native D|S files. As Richard mentioned, you should really save the individual bits as Prop Assets, which does create all the proper native-format files. Then you can load all the bits and save that as a Scene Subset.

Yea, I didn't do that.  I just created them from an OBJ, imported, and saved the whole thing as a Scene Subset.  Another of the "unwritten rules" I guess  indecision

Thanks both for the update.