Disappearing Clothes On Mirrored Figure

roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
edited November 2015 in The Commons

Ok, I am trying to show a figure in a mirror. I tried using the relection settings, but with Iray Rendering, I do not get the reflection of the figure in the mirror.  The only way I can get the reflection is by rendering in 3D Delight and I do not like the outcome..too washed out. So, I decided to duplcate my figure and then mirror it and place the mirrored figure in front of the mirror to show like it is a reflection. I like the looks when it is rendered in Iray.  BUT, when I apply clothes to the mirrored duplicate, they show up somewhat and do not fit the figure and/or disappear as soon as the bar on the bottom of the studio screen (I am assuming it is the auto-fit bar) stops.  So, what am I doing wrong? Does anyone know how to get a mirror reflection with Iray that resembles the figure standing in front of the mirror..with clothes ON?crying

Post edited by roberthutchinson on

Comments

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2015

Are you selecting the mirror in scene tab and surface tab, applying shader ?  If so what mirror shader are you using ? 

Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • awesomefb said:

Are you selecting the mirror in scene tab and surface tab, applying shader ?  If so what mirror shader are you using ? 

I was not alpplying any shader. I did play around with the surfaces tab to no avail. What shader should I be using? This is my first try with reflections, so, yes, I am appearing kind of dumb right now.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2015

Download this mirror shader, apply to mirror surface in surface tab.  Make sure to select mirror in scene tab first.  Enjoy smiley 

http://www.sharecg.com/v/81125/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Iray-Mirror-Shader

Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • awesomefb said:

Download this mirror shader, apply to mirror surface in surface tab.  Make sure to select mirror in scene tab first.  Enjoy smiley 

well, I downloaded this and I get a mirror.duf and a mirror all.png. I put these in my shader folder in my content folder, but they do not show up in my shader presets in the surface tab. They do show up in the content tab, but how is that useful? The mirror ball is just a mirror ball object, correct? I do not know what the mirror.duf is. So, where do these go in the content folder? I am a bit confused...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Mirror.duf is the shader preset.  You apply it to the surface like any other preset...select the item and the surface and double click it.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    awesomefb said:

well, I downloaded this and I get a mirror.duf and a mirror all.png. I put these in my shader folder in my content folder, but they do not show up in my shader presets in the surface tab. They do show up in the content tab, but how is that useful? The mirror ball is just a mirror ball object, correct? I do not know what the mirror.duf is. So, where do these go in the content folder? I am a bit confused...

In the surfaces tab, click on the editor tab, then select the surface you want to apply the shader to. Then, in your content tab, double-click on the shader, and it should be applied to your chosen surface. Hope this helps a bit.