Is the login issue ever going to get fixed?

I know others have to be frustrated about the login issue for the forums. Every time I try to come in via e-mail if I haven't already logged in for the day I get caught in the cycle of login->fail->login-fail.... where it's near impossible to stop the cycle to actually put in my credentials. It is extremely frustrating and since it has been consistant in it's failure for so long my patience is getting stretched thin.

Is this not an issue for others?

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,461
    edited November 2015

I still have the problem.  Bugs the h.e.l.l out of me. angry

It wouldn't be so bad if I could predict when it was going to happen, like after 3 hours, or if my computer goes to sleep, or if it hibernates, or if I turn it off, but so far I've found no reliable pattern. sad  I'd even be happy if they could tell us when THEY believe it's SUPPOSED to happen. enlightened

But don't hold your breath.  This type of problem isn't costing DAZ enough money yet, so it's apparently very low on the priority list if they even care at all.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Not until it happens to a DAZ_person devil 

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 873

there is a 90% chance I know I will have been logged out, is if I visit the store.

I had that happen on the previous forums,  if I close the browser after visiting the store, for some reason I get logged out. most times if I go back to the forums, and stay there for a little bit reading things, I seem to not get the log out, but that is not so much with the current, that trick doesn't always work like before.

yesterday I had to log in 2 times, because I didn't go back to the forums before closing the browser after a store visit .  but again, that doesn't work every time, could just be coincidence

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

It only seems to happen to me in Google. If I switch to Firefox, it is OK.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I too have been looking for a pattern and have found none... It keeps happening to me and often between posts or in the middle a visit... It's not like in the pre-2012 site change where you would visit and find you were logged out... Which is fine, because unless I'm remembering incorrectly, it was a one day or X number of hours login... I can't believe it isn't happening to anyone at DAZ, unless having administrative privileges somehow effects the bug... The closest I came to finding a pattern was I was starting to suspect it was occurring at peak traffic hours... I was keeping track of timings but lost the scrap of paper, but even then it wasn't scientific because I was only going on what I remembered as being consistent times where the forum loaded slower in the past... My guess was maybe the forum software was kicking out random older logins to make room for fresh ones. Being login is linked to library access and maybe accessing your library which really is more important, receives priority... So if X number of people are in their library, either downloading or searching, perhaps the software needs to reserve bandwidth for the downloads so it just logs out anyone not doing anything critical.... But, not having real traffic statistics, any idea if this is possible or at the moment any pants on, this really only amounts to a hunch, and being that I'm not a cable news station I should base my theory on more than a guess.

But anyway, yeah... It still happens to me.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854

I experience the logouts too, but nothing like most have reported. I just get logged-out and then I just log back in and everythig is fine. This usually happens some mornings and sometimes in the evenbing.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    KevinH said:

That's interesting.  It happens to me using Firefox.  I wonder what is different about your Firefox setup compared to mine that lets that work as a solution for you.  I'm running NoScript here.  Are you using the same device and at roughly similar times when you switch (as opposed to using Google on one device or at home and Firefox on another device at work or something)?

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

When I try to log in, it'll hang sometimes and say "hi, we're signing you in" over and over and over.  But if I close the forums, switch to another tab (store, maybe), then come back to the forums, it'll usually log me in. :-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

My fix is to access the shop page first and make sure I am logged in, then it isn't an issue with the forums. I have stopped clicking my bookmarked link straight to the forums and now don't have to worry about it.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259

Yes, sometimes closing the tab and logging into another daz page is the only way I can break the loop. It's frustrating that it still exists though as it's been around long enough and frustrating enough that one would think it would have been tasked to fix by now.

• I have the same problem now that Jan19 has - an endles loop between "logging you out" and a blank page (Mac OS10.11.1, both Safari and Firefox). I can only login via the My Account page everytime I vist the DAZ3D site.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955

Needless to say I think that should've been fixed by now, as it's such an annoying bug and there has been so many complaints about it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

And as has been said, in all the other threads that have been querying this, it is not a general error, it only affects some, and this is what makes it difficult to track down.

I was experiencing a version of this, sent a report, telling them exactly what happened, step by step.

MJC worked out 3 scenarios that seemed to exacerbate the error, and they were forwarded as well.

They managed to sort enough out of reports like these that the number of people experiencing seems to have decreased. I now get logged out every 2 days or so, but signing in from the main page and then coming to the forums does keep me logged in for at least 2 days. I never come to Daz from an email link. That does seem to be recommended, to sign in front the main front page or the store, not from the forums.

• This is due to be fixed immediately after the launch of Bryce 8.

. . . . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109
    sriesch said:
    KevinH said:

That's interesting.  It happens to me using Firefox.  I wonder what is different about your Firefox setup compared to mine that lets that work as a solution for you.  I'm running NoScript here.  Are you using the same device and at roughly similar times when you switch (as opposed to using Google on one device or at home and Firefox on another device at work or something)?

Not sure what you mean by scripts, Sriesch, so I guess I'm not running them. My firefox is mostly the default. I have it delete the history on exit and I have it ask me where to save files. Can't remember if I changed anything else. I have a couple of add-ons.

I mostly run firefox. There were a few sites that would crash firefox. Like if I went to the weather channel, so I would switch to Google for the sites that would give me trouble. I would close firefox and then open google. If I had Chrome open, and I decided to go to Daz, then off I would go. Forgetting about the problem until I would start to experience it. The store would be OK, but the forum would start that craziness of logging me out and out and out. And I couldn't log in fast enough to break the cycle. At that point I would switch to firefox after I first closed Chrome, and it has always been fine.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,007

In the past 2 weeks I get kicked off my PC on average every 2 days ( or earlier ) using either Firefox or Edge and have had to log back in

in the same period of time ( logged in 2 weeks ago ) I haven't been kicked off at all using my iPad..

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259

I don't want to have to stay logged in. I would just like to go directly to the forum page and be able to sign in without having to fight with the browser to try interrupting the login->fail->login->fail-login->fail... cycle. That's what ticks me off. I have to click on the 'x' button multiple times to get the cycle to stop, or as mentioned earlier, log in to a different page first (like the shop page) and log in, which I also don't see why I have to resort to.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

Slightly OT but related to the Forum issues: does anyone use the forum search? I find it practically useless so I use Google site search instead. However, I often get a warning screen saying that there as been too much activity from my IP and I'm presented with the awful Captcha in order to continue. 

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

This is due to be fixed immediately after the launch of Bryce 8.

. . . . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

that comes soon after the update to Hexagon right?

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

This is due to be fixed immediately after the launch of Bryce 8.

that comes soon after the update to Hexagon right?

marble said:

Slightly OT but related to the Forum issues: does anyone use the forum search? I find it practically useless so I use Google site search instead. However, I often get a warning screen saying that there as been too much activity from my IP and I'm presented with the awful Captcha in order to continue. 

I've yet to see any benefit whatsoever from Daz moving to this forum from the previous two, in fact I see it as a step in the worst possible direction I can imagine. I also don't see them responding to any suggestions from the users here as to making it better. Whoever they paid to implement this I hope took their money and is now wearing a smarmy mustache disguise and trying to fleece an elderly heiress who's grandfather founded Nvidia. 

I wonder if we get M7 first or this bug fixed first. Anyone taking bets....

marble said:

I haven't figured out how the search works at all. I'm trying all the regular wildcards and then some irregulars, like oldies from UNIX world, but nope. Still eludes me.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Hera said:

I haven't figured out how the search works at all. I'm trying all the regular wildcards and then some irregulars, like oldies from UNIX world, but nope. Still eludes me.

That's because, as far as I can tell, wildcards are useless...it's just going to find everything or nothing, no matter how you try to phrase it.   It's like it's the simplest search ever invented...

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,461
    edited November 2015
    Hera said:
    marble said:

Ah, UNIX wildcards and Regular Expressions. yes  What wonderfully powerful magic it offers.  They are the sparks that fly from UNIX wizard's fingers as they cast spells on the keyboard. smiley

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • marble said:

Slightly OT but related to the Forum issues: does anyone use the forum search?

Occasionally: very occasionally. It's never worked very well for me, so now I just don't bother.